why do some african ladies have scars on their cheeks?

Found 14th Oct 2010
seen this a few times in the past and saw someone with it today and i wanted to know what it signified?
Community Updates
20 Comments
it means they are not a virgin
wickedteen

seriously?

people could just ask! damn!
Tribal scarring,many reasons....sometimes done by witch doctors or high priestesses at birth....sometimes a religious thing
religion is sick
DLM

religion is sick

Really? Loads of ideas made up without any evidence. Sounds right up your street.
boothy

Tribal scarring,many reasons....sometimes done by witch doctors or high … Tribal scarring,many reasons....sometimes done by witch doctors or high priestesses at birth....sometimes a religious thing

thanks boothy.
DLM1 person likes this

religion is sick

keep to the topic if you want to make a "religion is sick" thread please do.
If you mean the very deep scars it's mostly done in West African communities to mark the various stages of life such as puberty, marriage childbirth etc.
i haven't seen any african woman with scar on their cheeks. Byker, you sure you didn't dream it?
fungimala

If you mean the very deep scars it's mostly done in West African … If you mean the very deep scars it's mostly done in West African communities to mark the various stages of life such as puberty, marriage childbirth etc.

yeah like patterns or just lines on their cheeks. they are deliberate scars not by accident
Edited by: "bykergrove" 14th Oct 2010
Tribal scar...
Marina

i haven't seen any african woman with scar on their cheeks. Byker, you … i haven't seen any african woman with scar on their cheeks. Byker, you sure you didn't dream it?

lol no, deffos seen it many times
Pr3cious18

Tribal scar...

elaborate...
bykergrove

keep to the topic if you want to make a "religion is sick" thread please … keep to the topic if you want to make a "religion is sick" thread please do.

I did oO
bykergrove

lol no, deffos seen it many times

Thought i'll google it for you and typed tribal scars, oh no its all ouchy there, came running back
naomi cambell doesnt have a scar...she not broken in yet lol
DLM

I did oO

the question in the title wasn't "what do you think about religion?"

bykergrove

the question in the title wasn't "what do you think about religion?"

Sorry, sorry sorry X)
wickedteen

dont be stupid , as pointed out earlier there are various reasons ..
scarification can be a mark of beauty o..
sometimes in Ghana when a woman has recurrent still births the child is "marked" as the belief is that it won't depart this world again
..look up "donkor"
Edited by: "darklight" 14th Oct 2010
ok thanks peeps I have my answer
theres an africian male tribe that scare themselves all over to look more warrior and god like, forget who was on discovery one night and another that get scared when they change from boy to man by passing some test a tribe has
Edited by: "andyhunter" 14th Oct 2010

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants