Groups

Why do they do it?

Everytime theres a storm the TV news sends poor sods out to stand in it to tell us its windy out there!

BBC has got some poor cow standing on Blackpool beach are they hoping she will be swept out to see live on air?

I think we can all tell its pretty blowy today without reporters risking their lives and setting a bad example

23 Comments

If she is stupid enough to do it .......

I've done worse things in the past,when visiting Blackpool.

What's the stupid cow doing in beach

Banned

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d8/b7/ec/d8b7ec934858bb873266c29caa3ef8cd.jpg

useful for those not sure how wind works

Why do you always watch then comment on it?

OldEnglish

It would be interesting to see the results of her going out on a lilo in … It would be interesting to see the results of her going out on a lilo in these sort of conditions.

that would be useful

davewave

that would be useful

I must have hit delete dave.X)

Could do with a cull of all the idiots living round here.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/U3GLqtFzEJc/maxresdefault.jpg

J4GG4

​he'd be more likely to say "what storm"

There's one stood next to the sea telling us not to go near the sea

Sign of the times. You can't read about things online nowadays either. Usually you just get a 20-word summary, then a bunch of boxes telling you what some random twit on Twitter thought. Easier than proper journalism, I guess..?

Its raining sideways!

Good. Let them earn that licence fee money.

Storm Doris has claimed its first victim after a woman died when she was hit by a piece of roof the “size of a coffee table”.
    The pedestrian was confirmed dead at the scene outside Starbucks in Wolverhampton city centre after suffering “very serious head injuries”, West Midlands Ambulance Service said.

shadey12

​he'd be more likely to say "what storm"

​Or

"Was there a storm Jeff? I must have been looking the other way..."

Original Poster

stuarthanley

Wouldn't it be better spent on TV shows that are decent then paying for expensive trips around the country and to other countries and hotels etc?

I've often wondered why we get "our" reporter standing outside the white house etc when I'm just thinking years ago they used to say now lets talk to CNN reporter or local news person etc, whats wrong with tossing a few quid at the locals to send a report it would be cheaper and spread the BBC wealth.

Yeah just seen that on telly
    Did you notice,it looked like she just did her hair and make up X)

stuarthanley

Or not let them have the money to do so to begin with.
    petition.parliament.uk/pet…931

Error440

Wouldn't it be better spent on TV shows that are decent then paying for … Wouldn't it be better spent on TV shows that are decent then paying for expensive trips around the country and to other countries and hotels etc?I've often wondered why we get "our" reporter standing outside the white house etc when I'm just thinking years ago they used to say now lets talk to CNN reporter or local news person etc, whats wrong with tossing a few quid at the locals to send a report it would be cheaper and spread the BBC wealth.

Of course it would be better to spend it on quality programming but this is the BBC. They have free reign to spend the money where ever they want without question and pass the cost on to you lot because of the unique way in which it's funded.

fps_d0minat0r

Or not let them have the money to do so to begin … Or not let them have the money to do so to begin with.https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/170931

Sorry I can only give you both 1 like each.

I wish they had sent Aaron ****ing Heslehurst.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?25115
      2. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891717
      3. Any Xbox One news today?2356126
      4. Boom2511

See more discussions