Groups

Why do they tell you you've won a free holiday?

Then tell you that it's actually over a thousand dollars, then expect you to pay??

I can't see how that can be good for sales???

P.S. I know it's a scam and wasted half hour of their time and cost them a call from America!

8 Comments

because some people fall for it.

Original Poster

sharon_uk;8788902

because some people fall for it.

fall for what? Paying for a holiday that you were told was free??

Benjimoron

P.S. I know it's a scam and wasted half hour of their time

Surely you mean you wasted half an hour of your time? Unless you genuinely had nothing better to be doing with that half hour.

Benjimoron;8788907

fall for what? Paying for a holiday that you were told was free??

yep. I know of a couple who stupidly paid for one of these things. The 'fee' was almost £800, they couldn't get out of it and ended up in some hotel over in Tenerife. :thinking: Over the years I have read some shocking things online about people falling and paying this money, forgetting they were told they had won a FREE holiday. :roll:

Often, they'll just give you a pricey 09 number to call to be told you're ineligible. I think you can get charged up to £22.50 a minute.

Original Poster

Crazy Jamie;8789088

Surely you mean you wasted half an hour of your time? Unless you … Surely you mean you wasted half an hour of your time? Unless you genuinely had nothing better to be doing with that half hour.

Nope, had to do some research online so didn't waste any of my own time.

Original Poster

sharon_uk;8789090

yep. I know of a couple who stupidly paid for one of these things. The … yep. I know of a couple who stupidly paid for one of these things. The 'fee' was almost £800, they couldn't get out of it and ended up in some hotel over in Tenerife. :thinking: Over the years I have read some shocking things online about people falling and paying this money, forgetting they were told they had won a FREE holiday. :roll:

wow! Maybe it works on some people then, didn't think many people would be prepared to pay for something that they had just been told was free.

Original Poster

drspa44;8789576

Often, they'll just give you a pricey 09 number to call to be told you're … Often, they'll just give you a pricey 09 number to call to be told you're ineligible. I think you can get charged up to £22.50 a minute.

Not here, no number to call.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764134
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2747
      4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2452

See more discussions