Why does eBay allow business sellers to list feedback as private sales?

Posted 12th Jan
Often I see an item I am considering buying and that x number has been sold but when I check the feed back hoping to find the feed back from buyers I find its private sale with no indication of what they have bought so not possible to find out if product is ok

So Why does ebay allow business sellers to list feedback as private sale?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
So nobody can be nosey and check what prices their items sold for previously?

For product information you check the description/details and reviews.

Feedback is only to tell if the transaction went smoothly, not for reviews of the item.
Then that tells me maybe they not so honest with prices . . .I would normally avoid such sellers. . But I would like to know what a buyers feedback was on a item that I was buying, but if the seller is not showing it than it's hard to tell if the feed back is good or bad when you can't see the item listed.
Feedback is about the service and the quality of the seller, it is not intended for reviews of the item.
jon81uk13/01/2020 09:44

Feedback is about the service and the quality of the seller, it is not …Feedback is about the service and the quality of the seller, it is not intended for reviews of the item.

Maybe but. . i just picked a some feedback's saying
"Exploded first time I plugged it in. Dodgy cheap electrics AVOID."
" Item not sent very poor do not buy"
"Poor product, returned item - no refund received!!"
All being private so I have no idea what product was.
When the item your buying a item which is around £200 just be nice to know what the feedback was
Edited by: "iscom" 13th Jan
iscom13/01/2020 10:42

Maybe but. . i just picked a some feedback's saying "Exploded first …Maybe but. . i just picked a some feedback's saying "Exploded first time I plugged it in. Dodgy cheap electrics AVOID." " Item not sent very poor do not buy""Poor product, returned item - no refund received!!"All being private so I have no idea what product was.When the item your buying a item which is around £200 just be nice to know what the feedback was

I would avoid the seller entirely if they have that much negative feedback.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions