Expired

Why does my player move slow on Call of Duty PC?

Found 25th Feb 2014
Just bought Black Ops 2 on PC which supports the Xbox controller, all good...

But something I've noticed right off the bat is how slow my player moves. Compared to playing on my PS3, playing this game on PC almost feels as if I'm playing Battlefield. I expected problems with the lack of auto-aim which is fine but I'm finding it hard to play as my soldier is moving around like the iron giant.

Is this just how it is for a PC controller user or may I have some settings wrong?
Community Updates
AskCall of DutyPC
11 Comments
Using a pad vs people using a mouse / keyboard is only going to end in tears.
JackBauer

Using a pad vs people using a mouse / keyboard is only going to end in … Using a pad vs people using a mouse / keyboard is only going to end in tears.

Yep, heard this story before... and it hasn't answered my question answered either.
i think its not the computer but your eyes which are slowing down.
Maybe see an optician!
Hard to say with such little information provided. We have no idea what spec your pc / setup is?

A few suggestions though:

Update your gfx card driver to the latest version. Tweak the gfx settings as well. Does it do this against bots as well as online? If so It's not lag. If it is lag your talking about, sort your connection out. Does your pc have enough memory?. Is your sprint bound to your pad?. Strongly advise not using a pad on the pc version, you will get annihilated by mouse users.
Install a program called fraps and have it running when playing on your pc, it will tell you how many frames per second your pc is managing to play the game at.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 26th Feb 2014
Musician

Hard to say with such little information provided. We have no idea what … Hard to say with such little information provided. We have no idea what spec your pc / setup is?A few suggestions though:Update your gfx card driver to the latest version. Tweak the gfx settings as well. Does it do this against bots as well as online? If so It's not lag. If it is lag your talking about, sort your connection out. Does your pc have enough memory?. Is your sprint bound to your pad?. Strongly advise not using a pad on the pc version, you will get annihilated by mouse users.

Turns out having 'sync every frame' on was the cause. Game feels a lot more responsive now.

I appreciate you actually tried to give a decent answer which is what this section of the website is for. Had a dig with the Xbox controller and while I'm not getting 'anhilated', it is pretty tough going.
DevilWithin

Turns out having 'sync every frame' on was the cause. Game feels a lot … Turns out having 'sync every frame' on was the cause. Game feels a lot more responsive now.I appreciate you actually tried to give a decent answer which is what this section of the website is for. Had a dig with the Xbox controller and while I'm not getting 'anhilated', it is pretty tough going.

keys and mouse rule.
If your having problems with your card do not install fraps it will get worse.
rtmlk

If your having problems with your card do not install fraps it will get … If your having problems with your card do not install fraps it will get worse.

You use fraps to generally diagnose if you have a problem, you would have to have a pretty crap pc for it to be a performance drain.
DevilWithin

Turns out having 'sync every frame' on was the cause. Game feels a lot … Turns out having 'sync every frame' on was the cause. Game feels a lot more responsive now.I appreciate you actually tried to give a decent answer which is what this section of the website is for. Had a dig with the Xbox controller and while I'm not getting 'anhilated', it is pretty tough going.

Your friend.
[img]encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_h8M1b5jmIt30_dOC7PBQ3hHyXOvWFQQ8pOCljT7K8qyFsc0u[/img]
JackBauer

Your … Your friend.[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_h8M1b5jmIt30_dOC7PBQ3hHyXOvWFQQ8pOCljT7K8qyFsc0u[/img]

Having no problems surfing the web with my current keyboard and mouse but I'll keep it in mind.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions