Why does Richard Hammond speak like that?

Found 19th Jul 2011
Since the beginning of Top Gear, all three presenters have developed an annoying accent, stupidly pronouncing words.

'Becuzz'?

Lowering voice pitch at the end of each sentence?

AHHHHH!!!

Also, that hair style aint doing anything for him. Just saying.

\ rant over
Community Updates
MiscHamsterTV
30 Comments
Banned
Agreed, cant stand hammond and the long haired guy. Not remotely funny
top gear is awesome how dare you say anything even slightly negative about it or the presenters
Banned
dataload

top gear is awesome how dare you say anything even slightly negative … top gear is awesome how dare you say anything even slightly negative about it or the presenters

Clarkson is awesome. The others are in his shadow.
Top Gear is dull and unfunny, the presenters are solely responsible.
mr.potato_head

Elton Chong

I suppose you lot like Fifth Gear?
Banned
mr.potato_head

Elton Chong

Fifth gear is awful but i like tiff. He should team up with clarkson
krazie2004

Why does Richard Hammond speak like that?

He's from Solihull.

BFN,

fp.
Top Gear went down hill ever since they started staging everything and trying to be funny. Its all scripted!!!
Elton Chong

Fifth gear is awful but i like tiff. He should team up with clarkson

You don't think he's The Stig, then?

BFN,

fp.
mr.potato_head

Elton Chong

No.

Edited by: "mr.potato_head" 19th Jul 2011
That's just it, you lot like nothing oO
It's a good entertainment show. As for the voices they have got worse as the series has gone on. Meanwhile!!!
mr.potato_head

No.

Mr Head...what the hell did you have to edit?
bumbaclart

Top Gear went down hill ever since they started staging everything and … Top Gear went down hill ever since they started staging everything and trying to be funny. Its all scripted!!!

Too right, i love top gear but the way it's so obviously scripted ruins it now
Banned
James May says "becuz" so I guess Hammond is copying him. And I hate that gulp/breathe in thing he does when he's speaking. And his googley eyes and 80s hair. And that stupid necklace he wears. And the fact I have to record Total Wipeout so I can fast forward his bits just to watch idiots fall off big red balls.

That dragster's roll cage has a lot to answer for.
Keep Clarkson and "some say" ditch the other two.Could do with a bit of eye candy.
They are pandering to their dumb audience.

Inactive

They are pandering to their dumb audience.

I love Top Gear and I've never seen any black and white bears on the show, they're not pandaing to anyone.
Bet all 3 will be really upset if they stumble across this thread.

I hope they don't lose count.
Sloth/Mod
I find Stephen Hawkins voice equally annoying.
bumbaclart

Top Gear went down hill ever since they started staging everything and … Top Gear went down hill ever since they started staging everything and trying to be funny. Its all scripted!!!

Cheers einstein, we wouldn't have worked all that out on our own
Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 20th Jul 2011
Sloth/Mod
jayjayuk1234

Cheers einstein, we wouldn't have worked all that out on our own

Next you'll be telling me that WWE isn't real. Pffft.
jiminym

I love Top Gear and I've never seen any black and white bears on the … I love Top Gear and I've never seen any black and white bears on the show, they're not pandaing to anyone.

Sounds about right for a Top Gear viewer, " pandaing " indeed.
Banned

it works and sells the programme

souljacker

Too right, i love top gear but the way it's so obviously scripted ruins … Too right, i love top gear but the way it's so obviously scripted ruins it now

can you tell me when it wasnt "scripted"?
They'll be telling me next that Babylon 5 isn't real.
Edited by: "jiminym" 20th Jul 2011
It might be scripted ( it is i been there ) but....

It's the best show ............................................................................................. in the world !
Original Poster
Used to be the best show... They only reviewed 2/3 cars on last episode! Recently they have been reviewing less and less and staging stupid across country races/tasks films. Converting a car to a train?

I thought it was a car show?
Banned
krazie2004

Used to be the best show... They only reviewed 2/3 cars on last episode! … Used to be the best show... They only reviewed 2/3 cars on last episode! Recently they have been reviewing less and less and staging stupid across country races/tasks films. Converting a car to a train?I thought it was a car show?

The less reviews and more staging the better. It's great entertainment. The "specials" where they drive through the Andes or such are great to watch and it doesn't matter if they've been assisted along the way. If I wanted to learn about different car models I can't afford to buy, I'd read a book.
I agree with the OP about the way they talk on there now, you could understand it if just one of them spoke like it (Clarkson done it first) but the others copied him and they just sound so stupid,
Edited by: "barrrytt" 20th Jul 2011
barrrytt

I agree with the OP about the way they talk on there now, you could … I agree with the OP about the way they talk on there now, you could understand it if just one of them spoke like it (Clarkson done it first) but the others copy him and they just sound so stupid,

Clarkson's presentation wasn't always the same though...

[ youtube.com/wat…XzU ]

(Also search for "James May on old Top Gear")

BFN,

fp.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions