Why doesn't hukd implement tipping system?

Found 8th Jun
tipping system would be in place for users to tip via PayPal or so if they liked the posters deal. this would encourage people to post great deals get more users generate more traffic and posters would get some cash on the side and won't waste time posting deals.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You know how I repay people for posting deals?

I post deals too.

That's how this site works, a collective, saving each other money - that's your reward.
Who is gonna actually tip money , anyway isn’t the whole point to save money on this site
If your deal was voted cold, Would you have to pay everyone that voted?
maccy19th Jun

Must admit, my cursor hovers over that bit on TCB, just don’t get round to …Must admit, my cursor hovers over that bit on TCB, just don’t get round to clicking it though

I've never even seen it.

33946655-osTRT.jpg
51 Comments
This site is about saving money, doubt people will tip. If anything goes wrong, mods will get extra work and no gain (unless HUKD take a cut, which will get users annoyed). HUKD have no problems getting people to post without incentives (except badges) so there is no need for a monetary rewards system
Who is gonna actually tip money , anyway isn’t the whole point to save money on this site
You don't have to be a member to view deals on this site. You would have to be a member to tip. One reason it wouldn't work.
That would be @Chanchi32 sorted for life
Caroline_199324 m ago

And @BuzzDuraband

But they already work for the site.
eslick8 m ago

But they already work for the site.

So that makes them a millionaire?
psychobitchfromhell53 m ago

It wouldn't be you have to tip if you want to tip you can. If you don't want to you don't have to. This would benefit both the posters and the people that view deals. I brought this up because there are less and less good deals being posted because people don't have time to post when they are not getting anything in return. This would make more people go searching for deals and hence more deals would be out there. Tipping is a option if somebody wants to they can if they don't want to so be it.
You know how I repay people for posting deals?

I post deals too.

That's how this site works, a collective, saving each other money - that's your reward.
miikeyblue3 m ago

You know how I repay people for posting deals?I post deals too.That's how …You know how I repay people for posting deals?I post deals too.That's how this site works, a collective, saving each other money - that's your reward.

I get what you mean but most people are selfish and don't post deals. Why do you think the number of deals posted has shown down before there were competitions and such now the community seems to be volitile and not as supportive to people who post deals. It would just be a benefit to both parties deal viewers and posters if this were implemented imo.
Mechtup34 m ago

So that makes them a millionaire?

No but would you expect to be paid twice for doing a job, that would never work would it, imagine the tax man with that one.
eslick45 m ago

No but would you expect to be paid twice for doing a job, that would never …No but would you expect to be paid twice for doing a job, that would never work would it, imagine the tax man with that one.

So I guess you never tip at a restaurant?
Yeah right, as if anyone on hukd would tip!!!

We’d be looking deals on discount codes for tipping.
jamie0158 h, 5 m ago

This site is about saving money, doubt people will tip. If anything goes …This site is about saving money, doubt people will tip. If anything goes wrong, mods will get extra work and no gain (unless HUKD take a cut, which will get users annoyed). HUKD have no problems getting people to post without incentives (except badges) so there is no need for a monetary rewards system

Hukd get a cut from the site you’re being directed to.
Great idea.
33943809-stSWr.jpg
So on that basis OP , how often do you leave a tip on your topcashback account ? I will honestly admit that despite earning around £700 in cashback I have never left a tip for them while withdrawing my money . I'm grateful that I've had that much back , but similarly I wouldn't tip for deals here , but post what I find and say thank you if I take advantage of one . Pepper are only ever going to be the ones making money directly from thissite as it's theirs .
AceA8 h, 20 m ago

I get what you mean but most people are selfish and don't post deals. Why …I get what you mean but most people are selfish and don't post deals. Why do you think the number of deals posted has shown down before there were competitions and such now the community seems to be volitile and not as supportive to people who post deals. It would just be a benefit to both parties deal viewers and posters if this were implemented imo.

Dude it won't work. Anyone can view this site without joining up so why would someone join up and pay for a deal they can take advantage of for free? I vote loads of deals hot because they are good value, but I can't remember the last time I bought one. Say for example someone said Tesco were selling bananas for 5p a kilo. That is a good deal so i would vote hot. I can't stand bananas i and I would never buy them. To show my appreciation i would have to pay? Not happening. Someone else who is not a member could view the deal and go out and wipe the shelves clean of bananas then sell them on for 50p a kilo. They make a killing and I have to pay to say great deal but I hate bananas.
tinkerbellian1 h, 4 m ago

So on that basis OP , how often do you leave a tip on your topcashback …So on that basis OP , how often do you leave a tip on your topcashback account ? I will honestly admit that despite earning around £700 in cashback I have never left a tip for them while withdrawing my money . I'm grateful that I've had that much back , but similarly I wouldn't tip for deals here , but post what I find and say thank you if I take advantage of one . Pepper are only ever going to be the ones making money directly from thissite as it's theirs .

Must admit, my cursor hovers over that bit on TCB, just don’t get round to clicking it though
Edited by: "maccy1" 9th Jun
choccie324 h, 9 m ago

Hukd get a cut from the site you’re being directed to.

I know, I meant an incentive to posters is not needed. HUKD get all the affiliate link money
good proposal
maccy19th Jun

Must admit, my cursor hovers over that bit on TCB, just don’t get round to …Must admit, my cursor hovers over that bit on TCB, just don’t get round to clicking it though

I've never even seen it.

33946655-osTRT.jpg
deeky39 m ago

I've never even seen it.[Image]

Have a look next time you cash out deekles, let us know if you click or not I feel so tight sometimes
psychobitchfromhell4 h, 50 m ago

Dude it won't work. Anyone can view this site without joining up so why …Dude it won't work. Anyone can view this site without joining up so why would someone join up and pay for a deal they can take advantage of for free? I vote loads of deals hot because they are good value, but I can't remember the last time I bought one. Say for example someone said Tesco were selling bananas for 5p a kilo. That is a good deal so i would vote hot. I can't stand bananas i and I would never buy them. To show my appreciation i would have to pay? Not happening. Someone else who is not a member could view the deal and go out and wipe the shelves clean of bananas then sell them on for 50p a kilo. They make a killing and I have to pay to say great deal but I hate bananas.

Are you trying to just be ignorant, I stated multiple times if you want to who says you would have to sign up. There are many people who would probably tip if there is a great deal. It would be rare but even a small amount £1 or 2 every few posts people would get. Nobody's asking you to tip not everybody has the same attitude as you. Some people would and some people like you wouldn't I would if I saved a lot of money from a great deal definitely.
AceA1 h, 8 m ago

Are you trying to just be ignorant, I stated multiple times if you want to …Are you trying to just be ignorant, I stated multiple times if you want to who says you would have to sign up. There are many people who would probably tip if there is a great deal. It would be rare but even a small amount £1 or 2 every few posts people would get. Nobody's asking you to tip not everybody has the same attitude as you. Some people would and some people like you wouldn't I would if I saved a lot of money from a great deal definitely.

Is it even possible to 'try' to be ignorant?
maccy11 h, 48 m ago

...I feel so tight sometimes

Filth.
AceA1 h, 44 m ago

Are you trying to just be ignorant, I stated multiple times if you want to …Are you trying to just be ignorant, I stated multiple times if you want to who says you would have to sign up. There are many people who would probably tip if there is a great deal. It would be rare but even a small amount £1 or 2 every few posts people would get. Nobody's asking you to tip not everybody has the same attitude as you. Some people would and some people like you wouldn't I would if I saved a lot of money from a great deal definitely.

Not at all. Just tell me just how your brilliant idea would work if everyone wasn't a signed up member. I'm just about to post a deal, how do you intend to pay me? Logistically i can't see how it would work.
I actually see where the OP is coming from, as there have been a few, albeit rare, occasions I’d have bought the deal poster a pint if I knew them in real life or they were local to me.

I just don’t see it ever working on here.
Get Hukd to pay a tip for top deals and that would encourage lots of sign ups and deals posted. Hukd get commission for ever time someone clicks on the deals and buys so it's fair to get something back for helping hukd website make money and also help hukd users save money. Won't ever happen though because hukd have been benefitting from free labour all these years so they won't share their commissions.
Edited by: "Slash" 9th Jun
miikeyblue15 h, 45 m ago

You know how I repay people for posting deals?I post deals too.That's how …You know how I repay people for posting deals?I post deals too.That's how this site works, a collective, saving each other money - that's your reward.

This
maccy13 h, 21 m ago

Have a look next time you cash out deekles, let us know if you click or …Have a look next time you cash out deekles, let us know if you click or not I feel so tight sometimes

I can tell you now if you like?
deeky3 h, 48 m ago

I can tell you now if you like?

yes please
sicklysweet6 h, 14 m ago

I actually see where the OP is coming from, as there have been a few, …I actually see where the OP is coming from, as there have been a few, albeit rare, occasions I’d have bought the deal poster a pint if I knew them in real life or they were local to me. I just don’t see it ever working on here.

33953127-S6Fjc.jpg
julieallen24 m ago

Maybe people don't post because of the amount of trolls on here that are …Maybe people don't post because of the amount of trolls on here that are allowed to post on deals time and time again, like that dick who posts 'cold, not 4k' any time a TV is posted not 4k. I've seen loads of people post over the years they won't post again because of the comments they get.

I don't really understand voting cold. If you don't like it, just don't vote. It would have to be calamitously bad for me to vote cold and I'd always leave a comment to explain.
julieallen27 m ago

Maybe people don't post because of the amount of trolls on here that are …Maybe people don't post because of the amount of trolls on here that are allowed to post on deals time and time again, like that dick who posts 'cold, not 4k' any time a TV is posted not 4k. I've seen loads of people post over the years they won't post again because of the comments they get.

I agree it’s a really tough crowd and very off putting to newbies.

Took me years to pluck up the courage to post.

People always insist to nip pick every single post, the worse offender usually post the fewest deals.
AceA22 h, 18 m ago

I get what you mean but most people are selfish and don't post deals. Why …I get what you mean but most people are selfish and don't post deals. Why do you think the number of deals posted has shown down before there were competitions and such now the community seems to be volitile and not as supportive to people who post deals. It would just be a benefit to both parties deal viewers and posters if this were implemented imo.

Funny how the mods can delete comments within minutes on a Saturday night yet post what you like on a deal and its left there forever.

So, redoing my post, maybe the reason people don't post deals any more is due to the trolls who are allowed to pollute deals, like the troll who posts 'cold, not 4k' on every TV deal that isn't for a 4k TV. I have seen numerous people say that they won't post again due to the troll comments a lot of deals get.
psychobitchfromhell17 m ago

I don't really understand voting cold. If you don't like it, just don't …I don't really understand voting cold. If you don't like it, just don't vote. It would have to be calamitously bad for me to vote cold and I'd always leave a comment to explain.

Or a stage further and not bother at all ?

we all have lives to lead after all ?
Wongy1104 m ago

Or a stage further and not bother at all ?we all have lives to lead after …Or a stage further and not bother at all ?we all have lives to lead after all ?

If I post a deal i don't really bother about how hot or cold it goes. Some people vote cold to be vindictive and others vote hot because they like the poster. Such is life and humanity
psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

If I post a deal i don't really bother about how hot or cold it goes. Some …If I post a deal i don't really bother about how hot or cold it goes. Some people vote cold to be vindictive and others vote hot because they like the poster. Such is life and humanity

I do bother such is humanity .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants