Expired

why everytime i put something on here for sale i get abuse for it.

32 replies
Found 24th Jan 2009
right all i would really like someone to enlighten me here. everytime i put something on here that is new i get accused of trying to profit just because i dont sell second hand stuff i get accused of being a business for goodness sake i am just a shopaholic that buys loads of stuff then when i get a bill in i know i have to sell it to pay the important bills yes i shouldnt do it but i do. just bloody annoys me i cant seem to put anything for sale on here without having someone accusing me.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
32 Comments

Maybe you could scan in the receipt or invoice for the item to stop the accusations?

Original Poster

meeowcat;4171851

Maybe you could scan in the receipt or invoice for the item to stop the … Maybe you could scan in the receipt or invoice for the item to stop the accusations?

yeah maybe so just seems that if you are selling new stuff all the time you get abuse for it yet i wouldnt mind it suited everybody before xmas when i sold aload of new stuff cheap.

Maybe because last time you advertised that you had 15 identical jackets for sale and were trying to sell them here? :lol:

I don't really understand.

Surely if the price is too high, don't buy? Is there any need to abuse the seller?

I was going to post about the bench jackets last time and the thread disappeared.

Original Poster

jah128;4171973

Maybe because last time you advertised that you had 15 identical jackets … Maybe because last time you advertised that you had 15 identical jackets for sale and were trying to sell them here? :lol:

yeah i know that but what people dont understand is my sister in law works for bench and hooch and she had these jackets and wanted to sell them on but asked me to find out how much she would get for them. so thats simply all i did was ask how much they are worth and all i got back was (they are off the back of a lorry) (you are self promoting) you are a business its behond a joke to be honest i am a 25 year old with three kids in a bloody council house does that sound like a business to you i am sure it doesnt now thanks to you lot i now feel uncomfortable listing anything for sale on here.

sounds like back of lorry job

Original Poster

deb8z;4172042

I was going to post about the bench jackets last time and the thread … I was going to post about the bench jackets last time and the thread disappeared.

thats because the kind man above that says i had 15 jackets reported me and got me infractions.

Original Poster

strike;4172054

sounds like back of lorry job

i can assure you that was not the case.

greyparrot;4172046

yeah i know that but what people dont understand is my sister in law … yeah i know that but what people dont understand is my sister in law works for bench and hooch and she had these jackets and wanted to sell them on but asked me to find out how much she would get for them. so thats simply all i did was ask how much they are worth and all i got back was (they are off the back of a lorry) (you are self promoting) you are a business its behond a joke to be honest i am a 25 year old with three kids in a bloody council house does that sound like a business to you i am sure it doesnt now thanks to you lot i now feel uncomfortable listing anything for sale on here.

Look, you had 15 of the things - you shouldn't have been selling them here full stop... Thats not what the FS/FT forum is for! Its not that surprising that people will be a bit suspicious of your future trades, at least for a while anyway. The rules are pretty clear, if you had stuck to them there wouldn't be a problem now, don't blame other people for your mistakes! :x

Yes I reported you, as did others, why you think being in a council house or having kids makes you above the rules is beyond me....

you listed the jackets for sale on 19/12, then 20/12 started another thread to ask what they were worth. ?? This is what is making people suspicious of your other sales.

Original Poster

meeowcat;4172097

you listed the jackets for sale on 19/12, then 20/12 started another … you listed the jackets for sale on 19/12, then 20/12 started another thread to ask what they were worth. ?? This is what is making people suspicious of your other sales.

yeah was asked to do that by the sister inlaw and then when there was no interested she asked me so ask how much they were worth.

well if your trying to sell your ugg boots, if you show the receipt it might help interest in them!

greyparrot;4172108

yeah was asked to do that by the sister inlaw and then when there was no … yeah was asked to do that by the sister inlaw and then when there was no interested she asked me so ask how much they were worth.

I strongly suggest you have a good read of the rules. You shouldn't have been selling them here in the first place (as you had 15 for sale, its not a place for traders, and because it also appears you were selling them on behalf of a third-party, also not allowed).

greyparrot;4172108

yeah was asked to do that by the sister inlaw and then when there was no … yeah was asked to do that by the sister inlaw and then when there was no interested she asked me so ask how much they were worth.

FS/T is only for items in your possession hun, so too many rule breaks. Don't worry about your future sales, just stick to the rules as everyone is a bit scared because of the increase in scams :?

Original Poster

choc1969;4172151

FS/T is only for items in your possession hun, so too many rule breaks. … FS/T is only for items in your possession hun, so too many rule breaks. Don't worry about your future sales, just stick to the rules as everyone is a bit scared because of the increase in scams :?

thanks choc but this has truely put me right off selling anything on here.

OP, ignore the HUKD SWAT Teams, some seem to have severe paranoia about things other well, they just have a go because of some induced psychosis.

The bottom line is that you may wish to word your future questions and listing regarding sale items so that it wont trigger an episode from the HUKD swat teams.

In all fariness you should adhere to the rules, I mean, was there any need to state that you had 15 of the jackets? why not just say you had 2....get some real and positive feedback then put 2 of them up for sale to stick to the rules....then fling the remainder on fleabay or somewhere to get rid of them.

The FS/FT forum is quite good, my personal affliction is paying out for mobile phones and gadgets....i use them for a little while til i get bored of them and then sell them, some on here so its not you personally that the other users are getting at.

At the end of the day, if you stick within the forum rules then nobody can say anything against your listings and if they do just keep reporting them. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4172167

OP, ignore the HUKD SWAT Teams, some seem to have severe paranoia about … OP, ignore the HUKD SWAT Teams, some seem to have severe paranoia about things other well, they just have a go because of some induced psychosis.The bottom line is that you may wish to word your future questions and listing regarding sale items so that it wont trigger an episode from the HUKD swat teams.In all fariness you should adhere to the rules, I mean, was there any need to state that you had 15 of the jackets? why not just say you had 2....get some real and positive feedback then put 2 of them up for sale to stick to the rules....then fling the remainder on fleabay or somewhere to get rid of them.The FS/FT forum is quite good, my personal affliction is paying out for mobile phones and gadgets....i use them for a little while til i get bored of them and then sell them, some on here so its not you personally that the other users are getting at. At the end of the day, if you stick within the forum rules then nobody can say anything against your listings and if they do just keep reporting them. :thumbsup:

cheers for that you know i have seen people selling like 30 odd items in there posts so never ocurred to me it was againest there rules and all this profit thing i think is silly for gods sake i bought my daughter new ds lite for £8 and if i was to ever sell it i most certainly would not pass it on for £8 so personally i think i am best sticking to selling on ebay but thanks for the advise.

greyparrot;4172215

cheers for that you know i have seen people selling like 30 odd items in … cheers for that you know i have seen people selling like 30 odd items in there posts so never ocurred to me it was againest there rules and all this profit thing i think is silly for gods sake i bought my daughter new ds lite for £8 and if i was to ever sell it i most certainly would not pass it on for £8 so personally i think i am best sticking to selling on ebay but thanks for the advise.

A DS Lite for £8, I think you've just made everyone on HUKD jealous...lol...quite right too... I wouldnt sell it for £8 either.....

I agree with you tho, I've seen people on here selling 'stuff' that some would say may be business trading.....but others I've seen selling loads of item just because they are having a clear out.....dont let it put you off tho OP, its a good place to sell your stuff if you dont want to pay inflated fleabay fees....but remember to establish that level of trust so as not to get scammed either. Good luck with your future sales

greyparrot;4172215

cheers for that you know i have seen people selling like 30 odd items in … cheers for that you know i have seen people selling like 30 odd items in there posts so never ocurred to me it was againest there rules and all this profit thing i think is silly for gods sake i bought my daughter new ds lite for £8 and if i was to ever sell it i most certainly would not pass it on for £8 so personally i think i am best sticking to selling on ebay but thanks for the advise.

30 different items is okay - but you can't buy in bulk and sell on here, for obvious reasons - if you want to do that use ebay or similar. Not reading the rules really isn't an excuse as there are plenty of warnings to do so in every FS thread, with good reason. If you see other people acting as traders (selling in bulk etc) then report them, thats what we're asked to do and it reduces the number of self-promoters and scammers from the board, making it a safer a fairer place for all...

If someone posts something off-topic in a FS thread of yours report it for threadspoiling and the post will be removed.

greyparrot;4172215

I thought it was £7 you got it for? :giggle:

Banned

1. make cup of tea
2. sit down and read for sale rules of site
3. re read the rules of the for sale site.
4. List items and include a picture.
5. pop to the cupboard and put on thick skin.
6. sell items to buyers.
7. leave feedback
8. repeat stages 1 to 7

Banned

My littlun wanted me to sell his wooden railway track on here.

I declined. There were just too many pieces involved and as it wasn't my property, I'd probably get suspended!

Sloth/Mod

guv;4172606

My littlun wanted me to sell his wooden railway track on here.I declined. … My littlun wanted me to sell his wooden railway track on here.I declined. There were just too many pieces involved and as it wasn't my property, I'd probably get suspended!

Just start a "how much is this worth?" thread in Misc and sell it through there. ;-) :lol:

Banned

guv;4172606

My littlun wanted me to sell his wooden railway track on here.I declined. … My littlun wanted me to sell his wooden railway track on here.I declined. There were just too many pieces involved and as it wasn't my property, I'd probably get suspended!

get him signed up .. he would feel at home with all the other kids :w00t:

Banned

Syzable;4172619

Just start a "how much is this worth?" thread in Misc and sell it through … Just start a "how much is this worth?" thread in Misc and sell it through there. ;-) :lol:

ok how much is my 360 worth please non hdmi :w00t:

Sloth/Mod

dog_cop;4172622

get him signed up .. he would feel at home with all the other kids :w00t:

That wouldn't be fair :x If he knows how to build a wooden train track then he's already light years ahead of the kids on here. :-D

Sloth/Mod

dog_cop;4172630

ok how much is my 360 worth please non hdmi :w00t:

I'll swap you my next child and a pack of Worcester Sauce crisps :-D

Banned

Syzable;4172639

I'll swap you my next child and a pack of Worcester Sauce crisps :-D

tempting.. what about the builders breakfast flavour crisps :whistling:

Sloth/Mod

dog_cop;4172642

tempting.. what about the builders breakfast flavour crisps :whistling:

Damn...........ate those :x

Banned

Syzable;4172666

Damn...........ate those :x

ah well :w00t:.. deals off

Admin

As previously mentioned, the FS forum is not for bulk sales.

Whether you agree with that rule or not greyparrot, The FS forum is free to use and takes up a lot of our time and resources, we expect those using it to understand how it works and stick to the rules.

As this thread has now gone off topic, we're locking it up- if you want to discuss this further, please do so via the contact us link.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Computer upgrades89
  2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
  3. Whey protien629
  4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions