Groups

Why has my goldfish

Gone from orange to white does anyone know?
    Thanks

24 Comments

probably watching the catfish programme

is it old??

dead?

Banned

gold fish are not gold in nature so there is nothing wrong

is it a cotton wool like growth on its scales? sounds like it could have something fungal.

Identity crisis:?

Banned

piccy?

Banned

If you leave your goldfish in the dark, you probably have noticed that it becomes a little paler at night. And you should also know that if your Goldfish is left indoors without full spectrum lighting, it will change from a reddish orange to a pale orange color with silver washouts.

:)they can change colour as they get older

mine does this all the time it has to do with the temperature of the water, so i am told! :thumbsup:

fragaliciousbob;3256338

gold fish are not gold in nature so there is nothing wrong

true, but could be an indication of a problem as "gold fish" are naturally brown

fragaliciousbob;3256376

If you leave your goldfish in the dark, you probably have noticed that it … If you leave your goldfish in the dark, you probably have noticed that it becomes a little paler at night. And you should also know that if your Goldfish is left indoors without full spectrum lighting, it will change from a reddish orange to a pale orange color with silver washouts.

sounds like geruanimums. doesn't their colour depend on the soil?

Banned

no its a light issue

It is not getting enough light, they are like plants, they go pale if you leave them in the dark

sorry to tell you but mine died not long after going a silvery white colour! x

Make it a little breadcrumb coat

saw a ghost?

Original Poster

kippy;3256459

saw a ghost?

lol:giggle:

owlass;3256453

Make it a little breadcrumb coat

:w00t::giggle:

Original Poster

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

milerclaire;3256446

sorry to tell you but mine died not long after going a silvery white … sorry to tell you but mine died not long after going a silvery white colour! x

mine too

seriously, hope the lil one gets better.

My Goldfish is over 12 years old now - Miracle Fish - Yeh its fins have grown much longer and wavy and its lost its vibrant colouration - As the fish gets older it loses its colouration, both because of light and loss of pigment - Think of it the same as a greying human - As we get older - We lose the pigment in our hair and so become grey.

ur goldfish is just a ruffian

It`s A Ghost
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions