Why I don’t really shop on Amazon

Posted 26th Dec 2019
All the time I see deals and coupons posted on this website, but I NEVER seem to have it honoured in my case.

Opened up the app today to see an offer where if I swap to a Mastercard payment I get £5 off my next order... it’s advertised on my screen! Am I allowed to use it? No...

Anyone else get frustrated when they see stuff like this? Surely I’m not the only one?

Really puts me off with ordering from them.

3374680-Ae1Q1.jpg

3374680.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Offer's. Promotions. All smoke and mirrors. I don't take much notice and if I get discount result, if not hay ho
wayners26/12/2019 12:31

Offer's. Promotions. All smoke and mirrors. I don't take much notice and …Offer's. Promotions. All smoke and mirrors. I don't take much notice and if I get discount result, if not hay ho

I get that! If Amazon is cheaper then I generally purchase from them, but when they rub promotions in your face and don’t honour them... it’s off putting.

It’s like walking in to Tesco and they say “Hey we’ll give you £5 off your food shop, but only if we want to.”

And that is the case I feel like it is with Amazon, last time they said I had a promotion on my account, didn’t work. Had to live chat for them to actually honour it.
darkfrost126/12/2019 13:53

I get that! If Amazon is cheaper then I generally purchase from them, but …I get that! If Amazon is cheaper then I generally purchase from them, but when they rub promotions in your face and don’t honour them... it’s off putting. It’s like walking in to Tesco and they say “Hey we’ll give you £5 off your food shop, but only if we want to.”And that is the case I feel like it is with Amazon, last time they said I had a promotion on my account, didn’t work. Had to live chat for them to actually honour it.

I had a similar situation a few weeks back where Amazon said I had promotion on my account but when I actually made a purchase it didn’t work. Had to go through the customer service for them to honour it. Now I do not get excited if I see any promotion as I have learnt from my past experience.
Being an independent person, with a mind of my own, I shop on Amazon when I want to, and buy what I choose, if there happens to be a discount voucher on offer, woop woop.
Doesnt really bother me actually as I realise that most promotions on the site are to get you to do something and I've often already done them (e.g. free gift card if topping up in store etc.).

Its not really any different to Sky/BT/Virgin/O2 etc. doing 'promos' or freebies - just as I'm a customer does not mean I'm entitled to claim every one.
I agree with you. They advertise all they offers but when they don't work it too puts me off bothering shopping Amazon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants