Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Why I shall NEVER use Amazon PRIMENOW again, take note.

Posted 19th Sep
Hey All, have you ever thought of purchasing from Amazon PRIMENOW? 2 hour & same day delivery, sound great right? it is until you decide to return something or get a replacement, here is my nightmare of a story.

So last year I purchased a Amazon Fire 4K stick, earlier this year it went wrong, was told by Amazon Chat it was faulty & needed to be returned, I originally paid £34.99 for it, so last month I returned it (under the warranty) scheme, now I knew for a FACT that they could not REFUND me since I originally made the purchase on a credit card which I lost, all new credit cards come with a different number, but they was insisting it would be fine, after 4 weeks still no refund, so 2 days ago I contacted them again, they REFUSE to replace the item and apparently anything you order on PrimeNow CANNOT be replaced, only REFUNDS can be issued, this does NOT include Amazon Credit either, during chat I got extremely angry trying to explain that they cannot refund a non-existent credit card, but they never gave in, even after I asked for management & threatened to leave Amazon entirely. So where is my £34.99?, they said "sorry there as been a delay in processing your refund" yeah right, so they said we will process the refund now, now a refund shows on my account but not £34.99 which I paid, a refund of £25.65, since when does £25.65 add up to £34.99, apparently this is due to a discount which was issued (not true) and postage & returns costs, again they refuse to refund me the actual £34.99... So now I am without a Fire 4K stick and £25.65 that is floating around in cyberspace somewhere, they say I need to contact my credit card issuer which is easier said than done. so be aware that if you order from PrimeNow, they can ONLY refund you, not give you a replacement or store credit, a refund only, but if you change or lose your card, you have to contact your bank plus any discount applied to the original order is deducted from your refund. NEVER AGAIN.

It is VERY RARE I complain in life, I think I can count on 2 hands how many times I have ever complained in my life, but this complaint as become one of my worst customer experiences ever, how hard is it to replace or return an item? not hard at all you would think, I even argued that I would willingly accept the faulty Fire 4k stick back to see if I could fix it myself, but NO, they would rather lose a Amazon prime customer that as spent £10.000s over the years just for the sake of giving me store credit or sending a replacement.
Community Updates
Misc
38 Comments
Sorry, but you posted this to Ask.. what's the question?

Also, you don't seem to know how credit cards work..

You the refund will still be processed to that card, which is still linked to your account.

Now if you've closed the account, that's a different story.
Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 19th Sep
Seems very odd... I am surprised they wouldn't or cannot refund to the card currently attributed to your account. It's a very likely scenario that a card will change during the refund period so this sounds completely wrong to me. Did they say it could not be refunded to your current card that you pay Amazon with?
Edited by: "spannerzone" 19th Sep
spannerzone19/09/2019 09:51

Seems very odd... I am surprised they wouldn't or cannot refund to the …Seems very odd... I am surprised they wouldn't or cannot refund to the card currently attributed to your account. It's a very likely scenario that a card will change during the refund period so this sounds completely wrong to me. Did they say it could not be refunded to your current card that you pay Amazon with?

If a card is lost or stolen then the card details will change (card number, expiry, CVV etc.), however a refund will still go back to the account provided it is still active. That applies to both current accounts and credit cards. The only time there would be an issue here is if the bank account or credit card is completely closed or cancelled.

It sounds to me like the OP just encountered a difficult customer service representative. In these cases I just speak to someone else (not their manager, as these just stick up for each other), just cancel chat or call and try again. Eventually you will be helped, Amazon have always resolved any issues I have had.
adam_holcombe19/09/2019 09:50

Sorry, but you posted this to Ask.. what's the question?Also, you don't …Sorry, but you posted this to Ask.. what's the question?Also, you don't seem to know how credit cards work..You the refund will still be processed to that card, which is still linked to your account. Now if you've closed the account, that's a different story.

No this is impossible, I paid on a credit card (not debit) once this card was lost it is frozen and a new card is issued, the NEW card number including last 4 digits is completely different to the one that was lost, so there seems to be £25.65 in cyberspace somewhere.
JohnnyRoller19/09/2019 09:56

If a card is lost or stolen then the card details will change (card …If a card is lost or stolen then the card details will change (card number, expiry, CVV etc.), however a refund will still go back to the account provided it is still active. That applies to both current accounts and credit cards. The only time there would be an issue here is if the bank account or credit card is completely closed or cancelled.It sounds to me like the OP just encountered a difficult customer service representative. In these cases I just speak to someone else (not their manager, as these just stick up for each other), just cancel chat or call and try again. Eventually you will be helped, Amazon have always resolved any issues I have had.

OK I rarely change accounts so not come across this - so if you move banks/credit card companies it would make sense to keep the old accounts open for a while in case any refunds might be done then?
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 09:57

No this is impossible, I paid on a credit card (not debit) once this card …No this is impossible, I paid on a credit card (not debit) once this card was lost it is frozen and a new card is issued, the NEW card number including last 4 digits is completely different to the one that was lost, so there seems to be £25.65 in cyberspace somewhere.

If you don't believe me, speak to your credit card company.

The card numbers don't matter - your old card is still linked to your account.

How do you think accounts with multiple cardholders work?
spannerzone19/09/2019 09:51

Seems very odd... I am surprised they wouldn't or cannot refund to the …Seems very odd... I am surprised they wouldn't or cannot refund to the card currently attributed to your account. It's a very likely scenario that a card will change during the refund period so this sounds completely wrong to me. Did they say it could not be refunded to your current card that you pay Amazon with?

No apparently PrimeNow & Amazon (Main Website) are totally different (which we all know is not true) if you order something from PrimeNow they CANNOT replace or issue credit to your main Amazon Account, nor can they refund to a card that is associated with your main amazon account. After speaker with 4 customer reps on chat they all say "ONLY refunds can be issued when ordering from PrimeNow" one rep did say "I am truly sorry for this experience but we do not have the same authorization as the main website, if you ordered from the main website as a prime member, we could do so much more for you, including issuing replacement or giving you store credit, but as this is a PrimeNow order we cannot, ONLY a refund can be given.
adam_holcombe19/09/2019 10:00

If you don't believe me, speak to your credit card company. The card …If you don't believe me, speak to your credit card company. The card numbers don't matter - your old card is still linked to your account. How do you think accounts with multiple cardholders work?

I shall have to check or wait for my next statement then.
My point is though, even if I do get a refund eventually I still have to contact my credit card company which is frustrating, not to mention why do they insist that PrimeNow & Amazon are totally different when in truth we all know they are the same company, return, refunds & returns policies are totally different all becuase you opted to have it deliverd by PrimeNow.
its been the case for a couple of years, won't buy from prime again anything that could become faulty for just that reason, had to return a very cheap echo dot because of that.

If you dont get your money back email their CEO customer service team at jeff@amazon.com they usually fix issues quickly.
Why have you not contacted your bank like they suggested? Your bank can provide information on what will happen to your refund in a replaced card case.

And I think Adam is right.
Edited by: "MR1123" 19th Sep
MR112319/09/2019 10:21

Why have you not contacted your bank like they suggested? Your bank can …Why have you not contacted your bank like they suggested? Your bank can provide information on what will happen to your refund in a replaced card case.

I am going to have to, but the truth is I just do not like to phone banks & credit cards issuers, I find the all process frustrating to be honest, press this button, press that button, which department then all the security questions, I find it all frustrating listening to elevator music whilst you wait etc, then if you get any security questions wrong you have to start all-over again, all I wanted was a replacement that was my argument, I did not want a chuffin refund, I wanted a replacement Fire 4K stick, but NO, I would have even accepted store credit but NO... to conclude I just do not like phoning banks etc, but obviously I am going to have to, when I can be bothered and put up with elevator music & tons of security questions for an hour.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 19th Sep
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 10:27

I am going to have to, but the truth is I just do not like to phone banks …I am going to have to, but the truth is I just do not like to phone banks & credit cards issuers, I find the all process frustrating to be honest, press this button, press that button, which department then all the security questions, I find it all frustrating listening to elevator music whilst you wait etc, then if you get any security questions wrong you have to start all-over again, all I wanted was a replacement that was my argument, I did not want a chuffin refund, I wanted a replacement Fire 4K stick, but NO, I would have even accepted store credit but NO... to conclude I just do not like phoning banks etc, but obviously I am going to have to, when I can be bothered and put up with elevator music & tons of security questions for an hour.

You will get a quicker resolution with the bank and it's not long process how it used to be like the 90s. It's all very quick now. I've had problems and sorted quick with Barclays. Can't say about other banks.
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 10:27

I am going to have to, but the truth is I just do not like to phone banks …I am going to have to, but the truth is I just do not like to phone banks & credit cards issuers, I find the all process frustrating to be honest, press this button, press that button, which department then all the security questions, I find it all frustrating listening to elevator music whilst you wait etc, then if you get any security questions wrong you have to start all-over again, all I wanted was a replacement that was my argument, I did not want a chuffin refund, I wanted a replacement Fire 4K stick, but NO, I would have even accepted store credit but NO... to conclude I just do not like phoning banks etc, but obviously I am going to have to, when I can be bothered and put up with elevator music & tons of security questions for an hour.

You don’t need to phone the bank though, Amazon will refund the money and it will go towards your credit card account. If you’re fully paid up it will bring the card in to a credit balance, which you can use as normal. If you’re in debit then it will just credit the refund value on the account. You don’t need to do anything
The Amazon stick needs to be replaced by Amazon fire department.
You must have spoke to wrong department!

So please try again and call them. I got a free remote replacement, they just need order number
Misslovely19/09/2019 11:04

The Amazon stick needs to be replaced by Amazon fire department. You must …The Amazon stick needs to be replaced by Amazon fire department. You must have spoke to wrong department!So please try again and call them. I got a free remote replacement, they just need order number

Thanks but tried that to no avail, they refuse, just a chuffin refund I never wanted.
sure you didn't order during a lightning deal or use promo credit?
if so then 25.65 is possibly all it actually cost you which would be why that amount
(not that i disagree with the promo credit non returns - lightning ones yes)
brilly19/09/2019 11:19

sure you didn't order during a lightning deal or use promo credit?if so …sure you didn't order during a lightning deal or use promo credit?if so then 25.65 is possibly all it actually cost you which would be why that amount(not that i disagree with the promo credit non returns - lightning ones yes)

I didn't order it during a lightning sale, nor did I use promo credit, as a prime member its free delivery anyhow, so where the £25.65 comes from I have no idea, according to my refund statement, its due to promotion discount that was applied but postage & returns costs, cheeky sods.
It's always good to use their gift card .
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 11:21

I didn't order it during a lightning sale, nor did I use promo credit, as …I didn't order it during a lightning sale, nor did I use promo credit, as a prime member its free delivery anyhow, so where the £25.65 comes from I have no idea, according to my refund statement, its due to promotion discount that was applied but postage & returns costs, cheeky sods.

have you checked your invoice for the item?
AW007919/09/2019 11:22

It's always good to use their gift card .

wouldn't even offer me one of them, I tried all-sorts anything but a refund, I really cant be rsed to phone banks, so annoying it drives you round the twist especially if you have forgot your security details and have to look them up, at one point during the chat I was going to tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, I was so annoyed, they kept saying NO, NO, NO, all I wanted was a chuffin replacement Fire 4k stick its not to much to ask I dont think.
brilly19/09/2019 11:23

have you checked your invoice for the item?

Not yet, I was only on chat with them 2 days ago, they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know they had received it back I returned it 5 weeks ago, they threw it in the warehouse and forgot about me, on chat they said they was a delay in processing my refund, yeah right, truth is they had forgotten, I shall never use primenow again, not ever, I am even contemplating deleting my amazon account entirely if it wasnt for Alexa Echo Dot & Kindle books that I have, I would have done so immeditely after the chat I was so annoyed.
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 11:30

Not yet, I was only on chat with them 2 days ago, they didn't even have …Not yet, I was only on chat with them 2 days ago, they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know they had received it back I returned it 5 weeks ago, they threw it in the warehouse and forgot about me, on chat they said they was a delay in processing my refund, yeah right, truth is they had forgotten, I shall never use primenow again, not ever, I am even contemplating deleting my amazon account entirely if it wasnt for Alexa Echo Dot & Kindle books that I have, I would have done so immeditely after the chat I was so annoyed.

so check it then?
brilly19/09/2019 11:33

so check it then?

I will when I can be bothered thanks.... I may get it at some stage
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 11:34

I will when I can be bothered thanks.... I may get it at some stage when …I will when I can be bothered thanks.... I may get it at some stage when the moon is shining blue LOL

well tbh that was first step when see a different amount was refunded
amazon give so much promo credit its easy to lose track
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 09:57

No this is impossible, I paid on a credit card (not debit) once this card …No this is impossible, I paid on a credit card (not debit) once this card was lost it is frozen and a new card is issued, the NEW card number including last 4 digits is completely different to the one that was lost, so there seems to be £25.65 in cyberspace somewhere.

This is nonsense. Over a lifetime, a credit card account will have many credit card numbers and all of them will link back to the same account.
TL:DR Your credit card number is not your account number.
Pandamansays19/09/2019 12:00

This is nonsense. Over a lifetime, a credit card account will have many …This is nonsense. Over a lifetime, a credit card account will have many credit card numbers and all of them will link back to the same account.TL:DR Your credit card number is not your account number.

I'll have to wait & see but so far no refund 5 weeks later, but apparently they only started the refund 2 days ago, I'll see but anyhow I've expired this discussion now and really don't want to talk anymore about it.
Instead of getting angry be nice...it always works better.
I tried to get a refund on a USB hub but was refused as it was paid with promotional credit but did not find this out until after I sent it back.They accepted my return but just did not refund me. Lesson learnt.
themorgatron19/09/2019 14:27

Instead of getting angry be nice...it always works better.

I tried been nice 1st time round. Also I really don't want to talk about this anymore.
All this fuss over less than a tenner? We recently had similar situation, JL refunding us £130 for AirPods but credit card we paid on had since been cancelled ... we called the credit card company who transferred the refund to our bank account. The end.
Bully19/09/2019 14:40

I tried to get a refund on a USB hub but was refused as it was paid with …I tried to get a refund on a USB hub but was refused as it was paid with promotional credit but did not find this out until after I sent it back.They accepted my return but just did not refund me. Lesson learnt.

They refused to give me anything but a refund, a refund I didn't want, the Idea of this thread was to inform others that when ordering from PrimeNow ONLY refunds will ever be issued, no credit or replacements given, but instead the thread as turned into how wrong I was, that I should phone my bank, how nice I should be and how right Amazon was, I've been criticised I've waited 5 weeks for this to be resolved & all I've got from this is phone your bank & your wrong.
lettherebedeals19/09/2019 16:22

I've been criticised I've waited 5 weeks for this to be resolved & all …I've been criticised I've waited 5 weeks for this to be resolved & all I've got from this is phone your bank & your wrong.

You're wrong
Sorry, couldn't resist
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 19th Sep
MadeDixonsCry19/09/2019 16:34

You're wrongSorry, couldn't resist

But I'm not try getting a replacement or Amazon Credit on PrimeNow the rules are different from the main site & primenow.
MadeDixonsCry19/09/2019 16:40

[Image]

lol, that's so cool made me laugh, I just dont like calling the banks but I am going to have to and then laugh it all off, thanks.
Don't get me started about Amazon!
Don't have prime but ordered a stylus for my record player and payed next day delivery as im off today.
Low and behold it won't be here till next week!!
Just been on chat which was useless. Only saving grace is they have refunded the next day delivery cost.
Not a happy bunny as ive just got some albums delivered that ii wanted to listen to
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants