Why is Android e-mail doing this? Changing text to lines of random letters.

Found 30th Jan 2015
The last few emails I have sent from my S3 have not sent properly. Instead of the text I have sent, the recipient is receiving an email full of gibberish. I have copied a line below from my sent emails to give an example.

ZSBiZXN0IHNvbHV0aW9uIHdvdWxkIGJlIHRvIGRlbW9saXNoIHRoZSBzaGVsdGVycyBhcyB0aGUg

Why is doing this and how do I fix it? I've had a look on Google and can't make sense of it.
Thanks.
Community Updates
AskAndroid
10 Comments
sparky sausage fingers?
The input mode of your phone may have changed. It should be Automatic or GSM Alphabet, sounds like you might have Unicode selected.

See if there is an option within your settings - messages / text / input method for this.

Edit: If there's not a general setting for this, try it from your messaging App - Select Menu, then settings and see if there's an option for Input Mode, or something similar. Sorry, I'm not on Android so I don't know exactly where to direct you, but you should find it easy enough.

Edited by: "Tony68k" 30th Jan 2015
happening on every email you send? or just this one recipient?
Original Poster
ch7leach

happening on every email you send? or just this one recipient?

seems to be happening on random emails. I sent several messages to someone which were received fine then one message seemed to appear in this random format then the next mesage I sent was fine.
Original Poster
bonjourhellfire

sparky sausage fingers?

Haha that is usually the problem but not this time.
Original Poster
Tony68k

The input mode of your phone may have changed. It should be Automatic or … The input mode of your phone may have changed. It should be Automatic or GSM Alphabet, sounds like you might have Unicode selected.See if there is an option within your settings - messages / text / input method for this.Edit: If there's not a general setting for this, try it from your messaging App - Select Menu, then settings and see if there's an option for Input Mode, or something similar. Sorry, I'm not on Android so I don't know exactly where to direct you, but you should find it easy enough.

Thanks I'm having a look just now to see if I can find it.
are others randomly getting this too? or just this one person?
Original Poster
ch7leach

are others randomly getting this too? or just this one person?

its happened to two different people I've emailed, in between emails that have sent fine. Strange.
Is it your password? oO
Original Poster
Should have also mentioned, at the start of the most recent email to go weird it says this:

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--_com.android.email_357177744834940"

----_com.android.email_357177744834940
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Then it goes onto the random letters:

Ckdvb2QgZXZlbmluZyzCoAoKSSBhbSBjb250YWN0aW5nIHlvdSBpbiB0aGUgaG9wZSB0aGF0IGFz
IGEgY291bmNpbGxvciBmb3IgbXkgYXJlYSB5b3UgY2FuIGdpdmUgb

oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions