Why is car insurance so expensive this year?

Found 15th Apr 2017
My renewal quote is a £130 more from last year and so i thought scrap that ill go do some quotes with other providers but ive been getting nothing under 1 grand. So surprisingly my renewal quote is the cheapest i can find, which before was never the case.

No accidents and a clean licence. Anybody else noticed a jump this year?
Community Updates
18 Comments
If your married stick your partner on as a named driver. Even if they don't drive car. Should knock a bit more off.
New government rules on compen.. Plus greedy insurance companies..= increase
The cost of injury compensation has gone up, basically. The discount rate has changed, "When victims of life-changing injuries accept lump sum compensation payments, the actual amount they receive is adjusted according to the interest they can expect to earn by investing it. In finalising the compensation amount, courts apply a calculation called the Discount Rate – with the percentage linked in law to returns on the lowest risk investments, typically Index Linked Gilts." See here.
Go compare quote it and if tesco bank plus is top call and haggle with them.
Ive done it and it worked for me
I was getting quoted 2300
Compared and haggled got it down to £1600
I know a few ways in getting it cheaper. Who are you insured with at the moment?
Mine went up by about 20%
Mine went up 60% ! Looked around and got in your only about 10% more but took some searching
6.6% increase here, Happy with that was expecting so much more
Edited by: "rbramhill1" 15th Apr 2017
try multicar and remove additional drivers.
Wadda

Mine went up by about 20%

Same here 20%
Mine went up £11 for two cars insured, there's some advantages of being an old git!
Only been driving for 5 years and just insured a 4.6 litre v8 and it was only £280, so not really seeing any increases here. Just shop around.
MIDURIX

Only been driving for 5 years and just insured a 4.6 litre v8 and it was … Only been driving for 5 years and just insured a 4.6 litre v8 and it was only £280, so not really seeing any increases here. Just shop around.

Not everyone drives a 1973 range rover thats worth 50 quid.
Went from a 2.5 year old group 24 car (owned from new) to a new group 31 car with 4 months into insurance term and it was £7 per month (including £20 admin fee meaning cira per year price of £272) cheaper and the car is worth double the value. Go figure and no circumstances have changed, zero claims in 19 years.
Mine went up by a third - no claims or change of car.

Phoned them up after getting some other quotes and they "looked to see what they could do" - end result was they reduced it back down again to what I was paying last year.
Mine was almost identical. Multi car with Churchill.
lovedremel

Not everyone drives a 1973 range rover thats worth 50 quid.

It's a Ford actually.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions