Expired

Why is Gumtree seller not responding?

Found 6th May
I emailed them and got no reply after a day and therefore texted them and still got no reply. A day or two later I noticed they added some other items so emailed and texted again and no still no reply after a couple of days.
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Sounds harsh but possibly you came across rude or untrustworthy ? Sometimes people low ball too much and offend the seller. Maybe seller is a scammer.
Could have sold the item but not have removed it yet. Or is hesitant whether to actually sell the item now that there interest
Maybe someone else showed an interest before you and the seller is waiting to see if the purchase goes through before replying to you...
We get this all the time. Show and interest in booking a holiday or buying an item and the seller get abducted by aliens it seems
bobac32 m ago

Could have sold the item but not have removed it yet. Or is hesitant …Could have sold the item but not have removed it yet. Or is hesitant whether to actually sell the item now that there interest

I put a laptop on schpock for £50 i got 5 people who wanted to buy straight away, the level of interest made me reassess the situation and i pulled it of sale, not sure what to do now.

I purchased for £500 about 4 years ago, and wanted to sell as i got the wife a macbook, nothing wrong with the laptop.
Edited by: "allowed" 6th May
deleted1938127
stay away from Shpock they just want the item for nothing £££££ better selling to friend or family

from experience ive had
Edited by: "deleted1938127" 6th May
allowed47 m ago

I put a laptop on schpock for £50 i got 5 people who wanted to buy …I put a laptop on schpock for £50 i got 5 people who wanted to buy straight away, the level of interest made me reassess the situation and i pulled it of sale, not sure what to do now.I purchased for £500 about 4 years ago, and wanted to sell as i got the wife a macbook, nothing wrong with the laptop.

That’s also the thing - people realise that they can get more for the item they have.

Do some research on eBay, look around in the sold section and you should see the eBay price but you would have to powers your down as you have some warranty with eBay, delivery etc. Maybe price it 10% off or something to still make it a bargain for someone. But keep in mind, electronics such as computers are harder to sell for eBay price outside eBay.

Also, keep in mind that if those 5 people who offered see the listing at a higher price, they can be more reluctant to buy it even if the price is still good as it’s a bit negative from a buyers perspective.

Regardless, good luck on your sell!
Depends, what did you write? I get rude chancers email me sometimes, I just ignore them.
Thanks for replies everyone. It was a slide. I asked for height and length, not price.
-888-54 m ago

Thanks for replies everyone. It was a slide. I asked for height and …Thanks for replies everyone. It was a slide. I asked for height and length, not price.

Some people are well lazy and cba to find out info like that.
I've noticed they have added another item one hour ago and still no reply to my original messages so I am not going to bother now. The message was;

Hi, can you tell me the height and length of the slide (as advertised on Gumtree)?
deleted19381276th May

stay away from Shpock they just want the item for nothing £££££ better sell …stay away from Shpock they just want the item for nothing £££££ better selling to friend or family from experience ive had

I agree, it seems there are some very greedy people on schpock, wanting a perfectly good item for next to nothing.
-888-1 h, 3 m ago

Me or them?

Lol the seller, happens all the time, if it involves getting up off the sofa and finding a tape measure they're done.
Beebee1855 m ago

I agree, it seems there are some very greedy people on schpock, wanting a …I agree, it seems there are some very greedy people on schpock, wanting a perfectly good item for next to nothing.

Shpock do have greedy people, that's true. However, it pays off to hold your ground and stick to the minimum you want to sell an item for as eventually, someone will buy it for the amount you want.

I sell on Shpock all the time and although things sell for lower than eBay, it's worth it because there's no chance of a SNAD or any other scam where I'd lose out.

OP, if a Gumtree seller doesn't want to bother with you, just go elsewhere. Not worth dealing with someone who is too lazy to reply
Edited by: "jamie015" 6th May
The OP might be holding off for a bigger offer. You constantly messaging them makes you seem desperate.
deleted19381276th May

stay away from Shpock they just want the item for nothing £££££ better sell …stay away from Shpock they just want the item for nothing £££££ better selling to friend or family from experience ive had

Yeah... Got ridiculous offers for my MBP 2016.

To be honest I got ridiculous offers on eBay too, including sob stories as to why I should have sold it to them for much less than my asking price.
No one on Gumtree even showed interest.
In the end I sold it and got the amount I wanted for it and only gave eBay £1
-888-1 h, 54 m ago

I've noticed they have added another item one hour ago and still no reply …I've noticed they have added another item one hour ago and still no reply to my original messages so I am not going to bother now. The message was;Hi, can you tell me the height and length of the slide (as advertised on Gumtree)?

Just give up yes... I would also be put off by an unresponsive seller. If there was an issue you'd know you can't expect a reply.
They might have sold it to someone else, or they might think you're being too inquisitive (not that your question is anything weird) and don't want to sell to you... You'll never know.
allowed6 h, 25 m ago

I put a laptop on schpock for £50 i got 5 people who wanted to buy …I put a laptop on schpock for £50 i got 5 people who wanted to buy straight away, the level of interest made me reassess the situation and i pulled it of sale, not sure what to do now.I purchased for £500 about 4 years ago, and wanted to sell as i got the wife a macbook, nothing wrong with the laptop.

Do you use Facebook?
Try Facebook marketplace.
As an ebay seller, I have learnt that the people who ask questions about things don’t ever buy them.
Its like there here are loads of people out there who’s goal is to waste your time.
i don’t slways answer questions from people on eBay (things like I’m selling a size 10 dress for £5 and they are asking for me to measure everything for them). These people never buy and I’m not wasting my time for a potential £5 sale
I get, “ Is such and such an item still available”. Then heat sweet F A afterwards.
I other words is yours sold, maybe I’ll try mine now for same price.
farmlama51 m ago

As an ebay seller, I have learnt that the people who ask questions about …As an ebay seller, I have learnt that the people who ask questions about things don’t ever buy them. Its like there here are loads of people out there who’s goal is to waste your time. i don’t slways answer questions from people on eBay (things like I’m selling a size 10 dress for £5 and they are asking for me to measure everything for them). These people never buy and I’m not wasting my time for a potential £5 sale

That's true too!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants