Groups

Why is it people think its okay to steal your cat?

So we have or at least had 6 cats, I had someone chap the door yesterday asking if we can keep your cat, as she apparently comes into their house, now why is people think its ok to do this with cats? you wouldnt do it with a dog.

All they have to do its stop letting her in and she will go away. They all have collars on so that people know they are not stray cats yet they insist on feeding them and letting them in the house, makes me mad, then to have the front to come to the door!

wouldnt mind if it had been the first time but people have done it to one of the others phoned the number on his tag asking if we had lost a cat, as he was in their house being fed! I told them no as he was just here 10 mins earlier!

maybe I am missing something here! stop letting them in!

66 Comments

Banned

Let them have it.

Give them a happy new year.

maybe I am missing something here! stop letting them in!

Stop letting them out!

Original Poster

DLM

Let them have it.Give them a happy new year.

she belongs to my children

Original Poster

thesaint

Stop letting them out!

they are NOT house cats, plus they are my cats so i choose to let them out I shouldnt have to worry about people stealing them! and btw I do feed them I mean really

Edited by: "tracyhay" 31st Dec 2010

It must smell lovely in your House :-)

Banned

Why do people think it's ok to keep animals that go onto other people's properties and do their business all over the place??!!

Banned

tracyhay

she belongs to my children

Aw can they not visit the cat often.

master_chief

Why do people think it's ok to keep animals that go onto other people's … Why do people think it's ok to keep animals that go onto other people's properties and do their business all over the place??!!

this really annoys me

Original Poster

master_chief

Why do people think it's ok to keep animals that go onto other people's … Why do people think it's ok to keep animals that go onto other people's properties and do their business all over the place??!!

oh you mean like a dog, sorry like I said I have cats, they bury their mess!

Original Poster

DLM

Aw can they not visit the cat often.

not if they start keeping her in

tracyhay

oh you mean like a dog, sorry like I said I have cats, they bury their … oh you mean like a dog, sorry like I said I have cats, they bury their mess!

Must just be the Glasgow cats that Spray & chit everywhere then :-/

Banned

tracyhay

not if they start keeping her in

I wish my hens would bury there mess.

Put a sign up saying cats are not for sale.

Banned

WheresMeNuts

They are scottish.

Therefore they should be shot immediately

Banned

tracyhay

oh you mean like a dog, sorry like I said I have cats, they bury their … oh you mean like a dog, sorry like I said I have cats, they bury their mess!

Not a fan of dogs either but every dog owner I know would never let their pet out to roam wild and they pick up the mess the dog leaves on walks.

Maybe they want to stop them making a mess in their garden because cats never foul in their own territory.

Banned

Is this for real?

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts

maybe but my cats are all neutered so they dont spray, plus she is female so she doesnt spray anyway, and majority of our neighbours have cats of their own so know to wear gloves when gardening

Original Poster

DLM

I wish my hens would bury there mess.Put a sign up saying cats are not … I wish my hens would bury there mess.Put a sign up saying cats are not for sale.

wish our ducks would too, they are soo much messier than chickens!

They probably think they are doing you a favour with all your kids, cats and ducks!

Banned

this cant be for real surely

Original Poster

master_chief

Not a fan of dogs either but every dog owner I know would never let their … Not a fan of dogs either but every dog owner I know would never let their pet out to roam wild and they pick up the mess the dog leaves on walks.

your lucky then, you should see the streets here sometimes with dog mess, even outside the kids school one time, must have been a great dane or something its disgusting!

Banned

tracyhay

wish our ducks would too, they are soo much messier than chickens!

I love hens they are so funny.

Is it you that lives on a farm?

My Sister has 3 cats & in truth I would prefer to shoot them.She has a door flap & they roam the streets killing everything that moves & bring home the Trophy's.
    People who own cats tell you how much smarter they are to dogs,But I can't get my head around that statement.

Banned

tracyhay

your lucky then, you should see the streets here sometimes with dog mess, … your lucky then, you should see the streets here sometimes with dog mess, even outside the kids school one time, must have been a great dane or something its disgusting!

That's wrong too and the owner wants shooting but I rarely see dog mess round my parts but my garden is the local cat's toilet...

Banned

tracyhay

your lucky then, you should see the streets here sometimes with dog mess, … your lucky then, you should see the streets here sometimes with dog mess, even outside the kids school one time, must have been a great dane or something its disgusting!

Dogs pooing on the streets and weird cat ladies letting their pets wander into other people's houses without a care - sounds like a nice neighbourhood to raise kids. oO

Original Poster

DLM

I love hens they are so funny.Is it you that lives on a farm?

we used to live on the farm but we have a nice big back garden here and the kids missed having the pet chickens, then they decided they wanted baby ducks, they were soo pleased watching them hatch out!

Banned

master_chief

That's wrong too and the owner wants shooting but I rarely see dog mess … That's wrong too and the owner wants shooting but I rarely see dog mess round my parts but my garden is the local cat's toilet...

Maybe cat's can sense internet warriors.

I have to agree with the above, if they were loyal, properly looked after this wouldn't happen.

Original Poster

master_chief

That's wrong too and the owner wants shooting but I rarely see dog mess … That's wrong too and the owner wants shooting but I rarely see dog mess round my parts but my garden is the local cat's toilet...

thats a shame, most of our neighbours have cats too but have never found anything on the grass, although we did attempt to plant some flowers, that didnt work out too well!

Original Poster

schizoboy

I have to agree with the above, if they were loyal, properly looked after … I have to agree with the above, if they were loyal, properly looked after this wouldn't happen.

really.....cats are not like dogs they like to wander, and if someone is going to tempt them with food what animal isnt going to take it

Maybe people have been chucking them in wheelie bins.

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts

My Sister has 3 cats & in truth I would prefer to shoot them.She has a … My Sister has 3 cats & in truth I would prefer to shoot them.She has a door flap & they roam the streets killing everything that moves & bring home the Trophy's.People who own cats tell you how much smarter they are to dogs,But I can't get my head around that statement.

not sure about cats being smarter, but my husband had a dog when we first met and it liked to roll in and eat cow ****, eat cat **** out of the litter tray, plus eating out the bin whatever they could get dogs are disgusting, cats on a farm are very useful for keeping the mice away from the house

not to mention what some dogs have done to children, now I am sure that its more to do with the owner than the dog, or perhaps the breed, but I would never keep a dog, disgusting and dangerous

Banned

Also, if they're asking to have the cat because they seem to be looking after them properly, then that isn't 'stealing' them.

It's just caring for an animal who isn't getting it elsewhere.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry

Also, if they're asking to have the cat because they seem to be looking … Also, if they're asking to have the cat because they seem to be looking after them properly, then that isn't 'stealing' them.It's just caring for an animal who isn't getting it elsewhere.

if they want a cat that much go and buy one! my cat gets looked after just fine thanks, he is just greedy! which is probably why he is starting to get fat

OP

http://petrichoric.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/simpsons_crazycatlady.gif

I am amazed that people have the time to complain over such petty things, cat poop in the garden oh dear! Wait till your old age when you may have to wallow in your own poop while awaiting the carer to help you out.

Banned

tracyhay

No they dont

If I saw your cat I wouldn't keep it. I'd put it in a wheely bin. Scummy horrible cats. Urgh

Banned

Too many trolls in this post

DLM

They are scottish.Therefore they should be shot immediately

Were you dumped by a Glaswegian? Or are you just jealous you are not as attractive as our big ginger birds (hence you purchased a couple of hens).

Original Poster

vibeone

No they dontIf I saw your cat I wouldn't keep it. I'd put it in a wheely … No they dontIf I saw your cat I wouldn't keep it. I'd put it in a wheely bin. Scummy horrible cats. Urgh

guessing your not a fan of cats then

Banned

thrustmaster

Were you dumped by a Glaswegian? Or are you just jealous you are not as … Were you dumped by a Glaswegian? Or are you just jealous you are not as attractive as our big ginger birds (hence you purchased a couple of hens).

Thankfully I have never stooped that low X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky Store £2 Voucher23
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1116
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25101
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767262

See more discussions