Groups

Why is my IE working, but not Firefox?

Banned
    As per title, my Firefox browser doesn't seem to be working anymore, however my IE is working fine. I really hate IE and want to get back to rapid Firefox browsing.

Can anyone help me? I currently can't find the settings. A docking service comes up with instructions on how to connect to the Uni system although the instructions are for internet explorer and not Firefox.

Rep given to all helpers.
    Thanks
    David

7 Comments

update your firefox, think I'm running 3.1

needs time and detaile to see the problem

but the fastest way is to uninstall and reinstall it

had the same problem , it is to do with the IE update , delete the last updat for IE and it works fine

Original Poster Banned

scotland121;5123414

had the same problem , it is to do with the IE update , delete the last … had the same problem , it is to do with the IE update , delete the last updat for IE and it works fine

How do I do that?

r u using xp or vista

check and see how IE is set up.
    Open IE > click Tools > Internet Options > Click the Connections tab > click the Lan Settings button

Is it checked for using a proxy server? If so copy down the proxy servers address and port number.

Then open FireFox and click Tools > Options... > Advanced > and chose the network tab. From there click the Settings button. Enter in the copied down info in the HTTP proxy section.

Original Poster Banned

scotland121;5123546

check and see how IE is set up.Open IE click Tools Internet Options … check and see how IE is set up.Open IE > click Tools > Internet Options > Click the Connections tab > click the Lan Settings buttonIs it checked for using a proxy server? If so copy down the proxy servers address and port number. Then open FireFox and click Tools > Options... > Advanced > and chose the network tab. From there click the Settings button. Enter in the copied down info in the HTTP proxy section.

Brilliant mate, all back up and running. Have some rep for your time!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261379
      2. word association Game74044574
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags33
      4. Santander - Compensation1617

See more discussions