Groups

Why is Putin regarded as a bad guy?

Why does the average Joe think Putin is demon spawn?

I must say the more i learn about him, the more respect i have for the man. Am I wrong? Or does everyone just go with the status quo?

A quick search brought up this:
    quora.com/Why…guy

This is not a difficult question to answer. Putin has been demonized in the American corporate media because:

1. He rejected the advice of the World Bank and IMF. He was successful with state-centered economic growth that took a third world country and restored it to great power status in 5 years.

2. American oil corporations want access to Russia’s resources. Putin has them tightly under semi-private, semi-national control.

3. He’s building a new trading bloc with Kazakhstan and China. It also includes Iran, Armenia, Belarus and today, Turkey. He’s dumping the dollar.

4. He doesn’t believe in liberalism (in all senses of that term).

5. He is the victim of the neurotic projection of failed western leaders. He’s everything they’re not: popular, successful, free. He’s not beholden to corporate interests, he’s more powerful than they are.

6. He speaks the truth about global affairs from 9–11 to GMOs.

7. He refuses to support Israel or Zionism.

Don’t underestimate #5. My book on Putin goes into some detail there. When one compares Putin to Bush or Obama, there is a stark difference. Putin is immensely popular in Russia and even parts of Ukraine. Obama would kill for Putin’s ratings. Hillary already has. The western system is an oligarchy, serving only the wealthy. Belarus and Russia since 2000 have a far more rational economy where the state is stronger than corporate interests. When Putin can march into a factory and order scumbag billionaire Oleg Depraska to sign a contract that labor favored, you know what politics is about. Western leaders wish they could do that.

74 Comments

He seems an alright chap.

probably because the media are told to put this view out there or want people to think this way about him? :l
    beforeitsnews.com

Trump seems to think he's OK

Gollywood

Trump seems to think he's OK

Do you have Trump on your brain?. I think the subject here is Putin love.

Original Poster

This is worth watching
    youtu.be/o8I…qtc

It's interesting to read an "alternative" viewpoint.

Why put a question mark in the title of your post, when you are not asking a question.

I used to like gobarchev. Thought he did wonders to bring the iron curtain down.

I know very little about putin. I am currently neutral on him.

Trump is making the world a much nicer place.
    Once again the biased media portray Putin as a "future Stalin"

Since Cameron became PM, i suddenly realised how much the news media spoon-feeds us and manipulates and exagerates truths to gain ratings. Cameron pumped the news with Tory propaganda, filled with Anti Labour/Lib-Dem/UKIP and Pro-Tory garbage. It worked alarmingly well, anyone on income support or disability living allowance is now branded lazy, bone idle and a drain on society. They also tricked us into accepting drastic cuts to vital services, so that the wealthy would pay less tax.

The biased media are at it again with Trump. Picking every negative they can about him and brushing past any positive actions, or spinning them into a negative sounding one.
    Now that ive come to my senses, i am doubting everything i have been told about Putin from the media, and having an open opinion about the guy.
    Trumps presidency may yet be the dawn of a new era with US-Russia relations, we will have to wait and see.

Banned

He was and is the Butcher of Grozny.

J4GG4

Do you have Trump on your brain?. I think the subject here is Putin love.

​Ok darling, nobody likes Putin. Happy?

Banned

moneysavingkitten

Why put a question mark in the title of your post, when you are not … Why put a question mark in the title of your post, when you are not asking a question.

Tell me you're joking?

He's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy, he's THE guy. Believe That

Banned

Why is Putin regarded as a bad guy?

Putin - Closet homosexual with a narcissistic disorder in charge of 3,000,000 military personnel & 7000 nuclear warheads?
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 31st Jan

Having traveled to Moscow for a Marathon i was very impressed with the clean well ordered city, infact of all the places in the world i have traveled i felt the most safe on the streets and underground of Moscow, the police are well respected and visible,(So President Putin and his city Mayors are doing something right) i found the people friendly and helpful if ever i asked for help, ironically in the late 70's 80's and 90's as a young soldier we where brainwashed into thinking it was a nation of baby eaters and we had to defend Europe against the aggressors! Putin is vilified for supporting rebels who have helped the Russian speaking enclave in the Ukraine but we as a nation went to the aid of the Falklands when Argentina invaded... of this i have no doubt Putin is a very, very intelligent man and polonium tea is served to those that displease him (allegedly!) but i sleep in my bed better knowing a firm and controlling hand is on the Russian nuclear arsenal but i admit to having cold sweats about North Korea and threats from the New Kid on the U.S. block! so yes Putin gets my vote... better the devil you know?.
    Edited by: "rickryder1" 31st Jan

His stance on homosexuality is disgusting.

Gollywood

​Ok darling, nobody likes Putin. Happy?

The OP already said he pretty much likes him, so your comment is still erroneous. Sorry sweetheart.

dtovey89

His stance on homosexuality is disgusting.

Unfortunately that also feeds back on his people. Incredibly homophobic country.

J4GG4

Unfortunately that also feeds back on his people. Incredibly homophobic … Unfortunately that also feeds back on his people. Incredibly homophobic country.

Yeah - there's one or two places I'd like to see the nation's stance on certain things put me off going.

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/kZHjrpX.jpg

''I would like to thank many people. My doctors, nurses and hospital staff who are doing all they can for me, the British police who are pursuing my case with vigour and professionalism and are watching over me and my family.

I would like to thank the British government for taking me under their care. I am honoured to be a British citizen.

I would like to thank the British public for their messages of support and for the interest they have shown in my plight.

I thank my wife Marina, who has stood by me. My love for her and our son knows no bounds.

But as I lie here I can distinctly hear the beating of wings of the angel of death.

I may be able to give him the slip but I have to say my legs do not run as fast as I would like.

I think, therefore, that this may be the time to say one or two things to the person responsible for my present condition.

You may succeed in silencing me but that silence comes at a price. You have shown yourself to be as barbaric and ruthless as your most hostile critics have claimed.

You have shown yourself to have no respect for life, liberty or any civilised value.

You have shown yourself to be unworthy of your office, to be unworthy of the trust of civilised men and women.

You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life.

May God forgive you for what you have done, not only to me but to beloved Russia and its people.
    ''

I suppose a lot of it dates back to the cold war era, west v east.
    in the 60s70s 80s Russia were the enemy.

...........yeah let's just ignore his war crimes and gangsters

The same reason everybody thinks Obama was the good guy. Media spin and manipulation if you haven't worked that out yet "GET OUT MORE"

When did he tell the truth about 9-11?

I must of missed that one.

I'm going to say that it's because a number of his formerly healthy enemies are no longer with us. It's beyond co-incidental

So who did Hilary Clinton kill?

sowotsdis

...........yeah let's just ignore his war crimes and gangsters

So treat him like we would an american president/UK PM yes?

Banned

deeky

So who did Hilary Clinton kill?

Her hubby after the sperm count.

He is a broken man

Banned

Cos he's the devil incarnate with 666 on his forehead?

so many people just see the occasional news flash "Russia sending nuclear ships near British waters" etc and paint this picture of a demon leader. this is very enlightening indeed. thanks op. (where's the heat button lol)

He's refined, sublime, he makes you feel fine though very much maligned and misunderstood.
    You can see that he's mischievous, mysterious and devious, as he circulates amongst the people in the place.
    But once you know he's fun and something of a genius, he gives a grin that goes around from face to face to face
    http://img.memecdn.com/just-putin_o_984230.jpg
    Naughty Naughty, Very Naughty !!

mutley1

I used to like gobarchev. Thought he did wonders to bring the iron … I used to like gobarchev. Thought he did wonders to bring the iron curtain down.I know very little about putin. I am currently neutral on him.

​i liked him but I preferred Reagan in that fgth video,

DarkEnergy2012

He's refined, sublime, he makes you feel fine though very much maligned … He's refined, sublime, he makes you feel fine though very much maligned and misunderstood.You can see that he's mischievous, mysterious and devious, as he circulates amongst the people in the place.But once you know he's fun and something of a genius, he gives a grin that goes around from face to face to face :DNaughty Naughty, Very Naughty !!

​is it Ebeneezers funeral?

I've nothing against Putin, Russia like many countries has its issues rooted in religion.

As liberal as the UK is now from catholicism (and others), they still sit on school boards, open parliaments and have state/MP's blessings to discrimination - which is illegal for everyone else in the UK. You cant deny a 'gay' cake but you can the marriage, that is sheer lunacy and is far from equality they tell you it is.

The sooner religions which were the State at a early part of human evolution die out the better.

The sooner parents bring all their kids up with RESPECT as the religious belief the better a planet we will have.

Putin ? he's not putting it near me X)

his friend is Assad who he is helping to bomb his own people.

Original Poster

davewave

his friend is Assad who he is helping to bomb his own people.

If he didn't help Asad, Syria would have turned out like Iraq. Of course that's what some world leaders actually wanted.

FearOne

If he didn't help Asad, Syria would have turned out like Iraq. Of course … If he didn't help Asad, Syria would have turned out like Iraq. Of course that's what some world leaders actually wanted.

​yes speak to Syrians about how nice they feel about Assad and Putin destroying their half of the country whilst IS kill the other half.

Original Poster

davewave

​yes speak to Syrians about how nice they feel about Assad and Putin d … ​yes speak to Syrians about how nice they feel about Assad and Putin destroying their half of the country whilst IS kill the other half.

Try and look at things from an objective point of view.

Most Syrians back President Assad, but you'd never know from western media

amp.theguardian.com/com…nda

Edited by: "FearOne" 1st Feb

FearOne

Try and look at things from an objective point of view. Most Syrians … Try and look at things from an objective point of view. Most Syrians back President Assad, but you'd never know from western media https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda

Yes, you should try to avoid propaganda, its a very good piece of advice.

Anyone Syrian here who can really say how its going in Syria and what a nice chap Assad is?

mutley1

I used to like gobarchev. Thought he did wonders to bring the iron … I used to like gobarchev. Thought he did wonders to bring the iron curtain down.I know very little about putin. I am currently neutral on him.

Buy a house in Ukraine near the front line and come back to update your feedback. (_;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …79
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1646
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction44
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764452

See more discussions