Why is royal mail not on comparisment websites? half the cost!

Found 22nd Jan
I sold a mobile and wanted it sent next day and covered, Go on the comparison websites E/g Parcel monkey and the cheapest was 17£ For next day it's small but its next day to Ireland which few other did not do but they was still around 15£ ball mark in the UK, then my friend mentioned royal mail do special delivery up to 500£ compensations next day guaranteed by 1pm for £8.55

I went on there website and booked it, (can just do at postie) but there services could easily be directed from comparison , is it me or is the post offfice missing millions of parcels because people do not know about there cheap services, as most post offices actually try to upsell
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Why would parcel monkey tell you its cheaper with a courier they have no commission with? It works the other way around. I've been in the post office and person next to me puts a large box on the scales, I wince when they say "that's £25" because of the weight. They don't say, well you should go to Hermes/UPS its £8 there...
13 Comments
Why would parcel monkey tell you its cheaper with a courier they have no commission with? It works the other way around. I've been in the post office and person next to me puts a large box on the scales, I wince when they say "that's £25" because of the weight. They don't say, well you should go to Hermes/UPS its £8 there...
Anything over 2kg and not valuable and it is much better to go to a courier. Nuts the Royal Mail still haven't changed this, not competitive pricing at all.
splatsplatsplat30 m ago

Why would parcel monkey tell you its cheaper with a courier they have no …Why would parcel monkey tell you its cheaper with a courier they have no commission with? It works the other way around. I've been in the post office and person next to me puts a large box on the scales, I wince when they say "that's £25" because of the weight. They don't say, well you should go to Hermes/UPS its £8 there...

I did not say they would, I say why are royal mail not getting themselfes on there, I never knew they did special delivery up to 500£ for 8.55£ was about to pay 17£, im sure there are thousdands of people spending 10-20£ for things on there a day, no wonder the postie is dying they are not keeping up with the internet age, the sad truth is people don't have time to go to 15 parcel websites to check there prices we have to trust (commision based websites)

and yeah Same i too wince when i go in post office and see people paying fortune, as well when i receive a parcel from post office 5£ when it hermes 2.75 but hey they might want to pay for people to get living wages :P
Surely if you know about sites like parcelmonkey/interparcel/parcel2go then you would know about 2nd/1st class & special delivery?
splatsplatsplat21 m ago

Surely if you know about sites like parcelmonkey/interparcel/parcel2go …Surely if you know about sites like parcelmonkey/interparcel/parcel2go then you would know about 2nd/1st class & special delivery?

if only there was a way to get this info while still at home like an online resource which you could use to search for information on a variety of subjects ...
You wouldn't have been covered with RM if anything went wrong anyway. They don't allow you to mail anything with lithium batteries in them.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 22nd Jan
Predikuesi2 h, 5 m ago

You wouldn't have been covered with RM if anything went wrong anyway. They …You wouldn't have been covered with RM if anything went wrong anyway. They don't allow you to mail anything with lithium batteries in them.

Wrong information there royal mail do allow you to send lithium ion batteries as long as they are not damaged

below is from the appendix on royal mail special delivery

Subject to the general terms, these restrictions apply throughout our UK and international postal service. Any of the following items may be posted providing you meet all Royal Mail’s requirements for acceptance of the item, including, but not limited to, packaging, volume and labelling requirements.

Batteries, specifically new and used lithium metal and lithium alloy when sent with equipment (e.g. non-rechargeable batteries)

you will need to place a lithium handling label

33112291-U9wWf.jpg
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 22nd Jan
You clearly don't realise that sites like Parcelmonkey are NOT comparison sites, they are resellers. They are agents and give you the opportunity to book any of the services they are selling.
Edited by: "windym" 22nd Jan
splatsplatsplat2 h, 44 m ago

Surely if you know about sites like parcelmonkey/interparcel/parcel2go …Surely if you know about sites like parcelmonkey/interparcel/parcel2go then you would know about 2nd/1st class & special delivery?

I have been in to the post office many times before and normally end up leaving and paying through another site due to them being too expensive, clearly now I know post office only likes doing under 2kg, small to medium parcel, and are much cheaper if your going to want to have insurance, I know that now but never new about it, I'm 21

8.55, 500£ cover next day,

parcelforce, next day 17£ 250£ cover lol

and as said above many times when you go to postie they will try to upsell you and not tell you about cheaper options
mattmerch1 h, 11 m ago

Wrong information there royal mail do allow you to send lithium ion …Wrong information there royal mail do allow you to send lithium ion batteries as long as they are not damaged below is from the appendix on royal mail special delivery Subject to the general terms, these restrictions apply throughout our UK and international postal service. Any of the following items may be posted providing you meet all Royal Mail’s requirements for acceptance of the item, including, but not limited to, packaging, volume and labelling requirements. Batteries, specifically new and used lithium metal and lithium alloy when sent with equipment (e.g. non-rechargeable batteries) you will need to place a lithium handling label [Image]

Ok so if I was to put on this label and then the item was banged about, would I be able to claim?

I also find it confusing on websites where in there restriction list will be ''lcd screen'
does this mean you can't send mobiles as they have a lcd screen in them?

or just screen by themselves? not sure if there purposely not generalizing things or not

definitly needs to be a website out there for tips and tricks to make sure your always covered as its a circus and many spend millions on insurance when they would never be able to claim on it anyway
Creatishh22nd Jan

Ok so if I was to put on this label and then the item was banged about, …Ok so if I was to put on this label and then the item was banged about, would I be able to claim?I also find it confusing on websites where in there restriction list will be ''lcd screen'does this mean you can't send mobiles as they have a lcd screen in them?or just screen by themselves? not sure if there purposely not generalizing things or notdefinitly needs to be a website out there for tips and tricks to make sure your always covered as its a circus and many spend millions on insurance when they would never be able to claim on it anyway

label is a legal requirement for shipping li-ion batteries nothing to do with making a claim
just pointing out ROYAL MAIL allow you to send li-ion batteries
mattmerch16 m ago

label is a legal requirement for shipping li-ion batteries nothing to do …label is a legal requirement for shipping li-ion batteries nothing to do with making a claim just pointing out ROYAL MAIL allow you to send li-ion batteries

are mobile phones under there 500£ cover?
Creatishh22nd Jan

are mobile phones under there 500£ cover?

have a look at the t&c for shipping royal mail delivery thats where i look for info
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants