Why is Star Citizen so expensive?

Found 28th Nov 2015
Hi

I've been interested in Star Citizen from the start but certainly not enough to pledge. I like the Idea of a massive space universe with lots of different elements. I loved the Wing Commander and Privateer games (what a chore it was to free the space for the voice pack back in the day)

Now it's just taking soooo long and I don't think they are anywhere near having a cohesive game (am I wrong?). It seems as though it has gotten lost from what I thought it was going to be Got an email today about a ship sale but all these ships are $500 etc..

Are people paying this? What will they get out of it? Should I just go and Buy Elite on Steam for £9.99 and be done with it?

1. Ask
  2. Citizen
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Citizen
5 Comments

36$ for basic package, lots of games have micro transactions, this has macro transactions.

I want this game, taking too long, I will wait until its released properly before buying into it.

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

36$ for basic package, lots of games have micro transactions, this has … 36$ for basic package, lots of games have micro transactions, this has macro transactions.

I get what your saying but how can they justify $100's even $1000's for ships and whatnot (micro). There isn't even a game yet!. Looks worryingly like Chris Spent all the money so he could have a shot with Gillian Anderson!

Grab Elite for £9.99, if you like it you can upgrade to Horizons (Elite Season 2) for £29.99 when i come out in the middle of December. I have been playing it since Alpha and its getting better and better - its far from perfect, but the folks are constantly improving the game - combat/bounty hunting is pretty decent, trading is a bit grindy, exploring is ok, mining is cool, PVP is great:) Also the Elite Dangerous forums are pretty decent, most of the folks are in their 30s/40s, with good few even older!

A friend of mine was bought access to this as a present and he is big on his sci fi and role playing games... He says it's worth every penny.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions