why is the body symmetrical?

49 replies
Found 11th Jun 2009
sorry for the random question, was just thinking though, why is the body completely symmetrical on the outside (apart from blemishes etc)
you reckon there in a gene for 'inversion'?
sorry for the random question, im bored

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
47 Comments

Banned

it isnt

sassie;5468399

it isnt

quite true, dont women have 1 boob bigger than the other :whistling:

Original Poster

sassie;5468399

it isnt

fingers and toes on each limb arent symmetrical?
2 nostrils, 2 totally symmetrical eyes, eyebros, belly button slap bang in the middle etc?

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;5468443

quite true, dont women have 1 boob bigger than the other :whistling:

lol you tell us :thumbsup:

The main features are - because evolution "found" we would be better with two eyes (stereo vision), two ears (stereo hearing), two legs (to be able to move quickly), two arms with hands (to hold, move, hunt etc.) two nostrils (in case one is damaged) etc. etc.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;5468452

The main features are - because evolution "found" we would be better with … The main features are - because evolution "found" we would be better with two eyes (stereo vision), two ears (stereo hearing), two legs (to be able to move quickly), two arms with hands (to hold, move, hunt etc.) two nostrils (in case one is damaged) etc. etc.

true , but why are they symmetrical, for example hands, why are the thumbs on the inside, and not just both on the left of the hand lol
you can tell im bored...

dantheman3989;5468450

lol you tell us :thumbsup:

I cant, I havnt got any :cry:

if you wernt symmetrical, you would fall over. It has to be symmetrical for the body to function appropriatly, eg the cardiovascular system wouldnt work as well if we didnt have two equal legs for example.

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;5468484

oh... dont i feel an idiot (unless you were joking, can never tell peoples tone on this damn tinterweb!!)

pghstochaj;5468452

The main features are - because evolution "found" we would be better with … The main features are - because evolution "found" we would be better with two eyes (stereo vision), two ears (stereo hearing), two legs (to be able to move quickly), two arms with hands (to hold, move, hunt etc.) two nostrils (in case one is damaged) etc. etc.

I have often wondered why evolution didn't give parents a extra pair of eyes at the back of their head too! They have been asking for them for a long long time:)

symmetry provides balance

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5468509

I have often wondered why evolution didn't give parents a extra pair of … I have often wondered why evolution didn't give parents a extra pair of eyes at the back of their head too! They have been asking for them for a long long time:)

lol, i wish women would evolve two pairs of boobs, so i can have a pair to myself

michelleleemoo;5468484

Do you want me to bring them back!:giggle:

dantheman3989;5468531

lol, i wish women would evolve two pairs of boobs, so i can have a pair … lol, i wish women would evolve two pairs of boobs, so i can have a pair to myself

Would they both be on the front in a line, or 2 under the top 2

or

2 on front as per norm, and 2 on the back so you could grope as you slow dance?

Freaky!

dantheman3989;5468481

true , but why are they symmetrical, for example hands, why are the … true , but why are they symmetrical, for example hands, why are the thumbs on the inside, and not just both on the left of the hand lolyou can tell im bored...

Well hands aren't Look up "opposable thumbs" about why it is where it is - it comes back to evolution.

Original Poster

Butterflies;5468553

Would they both be on the front in a line, or 2 under the top 2or2 on … Would they both be on the front in a line, or 2 under the top 2or2 on front as per norm, and 2 on the back so you could grope as you slow dance?Freaky!

lol hmm thats a tough one, maybe one pair on the back so you could feel when youre giving a hug LOL :thumbsup:

Predikuesi;5468509

I have often wondered why evolution didn't give parents a extra pair of … I have often wondered why evolution didn't give parents a extra pair of eyes at the back of their head too! They have been asking for them for a long long time:)

Well if evolution was an active thing, it might have done!

dantheman3989;5468531

lol, i wish women would evolve two pairs of boobs, so i can have a pair … lol, i wish women would evolve two pairs of boobs, so i can have a pair to myself

terrible joke coming up and slightly sexist (sorry in advance)

Why is the area between a womans hips and boobs called her waist??

cos you could have got another pair of boobs on there.

oh... dont i feel an idiot (unless you were joking, can never tell peoples tone on this damn tinterweb!!)

not joking, they're only ickle. but dont worry, its not your fault :w00t::-D

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5468534

Do you want me to bring them back!:giggle:

yes please, can you make sure they're clean

Original Poster

micoo;5468580

terrible joke coming up and slightly sexist (sorry in advance) Why is the … terrible joke coming up and slightly sexist (sorry in advance) Why is the area between a womans hips and boobs called her waist??cos you could have got another pair of boobs on there.

LOL it wasnt that bad :thumbsup: made me laugh

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;5468591

oh... dont i feel an idiot (unless you were joking, can never tell … oh... dont i feel an idiot (unless you were joking, can never tell peoples tone on this damn tinterweb!!) not joking, they're only ickle. but dont worry, its not your fault :w00t::-D

phew, i thought you meant you had them removed or something, i felt terrible!
]now im happy, any boobs are better than nothing
"as long as you can get a handful thats fine"
LOL

BOOBIES FTW!!!

I "Dress to the left", which explains my gangsta limp.

one of my plums hangs lower than the other.

Original Poster

thesaint;5468627

I "Dress to the left", which explains my gangsta limp.

haha

Original Poster

Jed Maxwell;5468632

same, its well annoying in pants, it just gets pushed anywhere!
this will make you either laugh or gip: when i lay to one side, it hangs over the other (special ball blanket, they take care of each other) :w00t:

Jed Maxwell;5468632

made me chuckle, plums! :-D

michelleleemoo;5468591

yes please, can you make sure they're clean

Going to wash off the chocolate sauce and squirty cream now!;-)

One of my tits hits me in the face when I run - the other one hits my mate running behind me!

Original Poster

Butterflies;5468674

One of my tits hits me in the face when I run - the other one hits my … One of my tits hits me in the face when I run - the other one hits my mate running behind me!

aaaaaaaaahahahah. repped!

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5468665

Going to wash off the chocolate sauce and squirty cream now!;-)

you guys need to PM each other lolz

dantheman3989;5468699

you guys need to PM each other lolz

no need, he's sat right next to me! :w00t:

as you were gav :whistling:

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;5468723

no need, he's sat right next to me! :w00t: as you were gav :whistling:

lol, in that case, get yourselves upstairs!!

i have one wheel bigger than the other

dantheman3989;5468650

same, its well annoying in pants, it just gets pushed anywhere!this will … same, its well annoying in pants, it just gets pushed anywhere!this will make you either laugh or gip: when i lay to one side, it hangs over the other (special ball blanket, they take care of each other) :w00t:

im just happy that they look so much bigger in this warm weather.

Banned

I'm just glad my fingers fit my nostrils.

michelleleemoo;5468723

no need, he's sat right next to me! :w00t: as you were gav :whistling:

Up and down, up and down...............................................thank god for cordless keyboards!:lol:

raptorcigs;5468755

i have one wheel bigger than the other

wonky rappy, aaaw

dantheman3989;5468730

lol, in that case, get yourselves upstairs!!

But we might miss some deals!:w00t:

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5468775

But we might miss some deals!:w00t:

yeah, and we dont wanna miss a thing do we hunny, isnt that why we signed up to all those websites :whistling: :whistling: ;-)

Original Poster

Jed Maxwell;5468756

im just happy that they look so much bigger in this warm weather.

lol, you can go out sporting some shorts with a big-ger package :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions