Groups

Why oh why is there so many wanna be mods on this site?

I have been on this site a while now and until now have bitten my tongue but it just really annoys me. Example, hdizzle's post in this thread hotukdeals.com/ite…age

Why does somebody feel the need to butt in with the intention of making me sound stupid? Does it make them feel big, even though it is them that has not read the post properly? Even though they have no apparent reason to be in the thread except just to stick an oar in? This seems to happen a lot on the FS/FT forum, instead of just reporting the post via the red triangle, they come on with "you can't sell that here" or "you should read the rules" or "in before the close", is it a wannabe power trip thing or something?

I am probably gonna get slagged for this but had to get it off my chest

And breathe and relax again lol

33 Comments

Because they can probably do a better than most of the mods already on this site.

:

deathtrap3000;6544346

Because they can probably do a better than most of the mods already on … Because they can probably do a better than most of the mods already on this site.

:thumbsup:+1

what did he/she do wrong, you mad for no reason brah?

I think most of the time it's just people trying to help.... but in this case it looks like you have a point :w00t:

People post in the thread to make people aware if they've broken one of the FS/FT guidelines, giving them chance to correct what they've done wrong. If you report a thread for the same thing, 9/10 it'll end in a lock.

well if people stuck to the rules then others would not have to get involved...its up to us all to police this site to prevent others from being conned or taken for mugs....get over it and move on....next topic please.......

midlandscomics;6544360

I think most of the time it's just people trying to help.... but in this … I think most of the time it's just people trying to help.... but in this case it looks like you have a point :w00t:People post in the thread to make people aware if they've broken one of the FS/FT guidelines, giving them chance to correct what they've done wrong. If you report a thread for the same thing, 9/10 it'll end in a lock.

I like your avatar :thumbsup:

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6544357

what did he/she do wrong, you mad for no reason brah?

The quoted my post and the OP's post, trying to make out that I hadn't read it properly when I was actually asking what the total price was going to be inc p+p (postage and packaging), in other words trying to make themselves look clever (and actually doing the reverse), it is just another example of what happens on the FS/FT forums all the time :x

Overeaction alert

But normally yes i know exactly what you mean

Its normally people trying to help though

I made a mistake, I misread the word, and I even apologized. Yet you still had the audacity to start this thread. If this minor issue annoyed you so much for you to start a thread, then you may as well give up in life, cos there's so much more to deal with.

Thread for others to see:

]http//ww…age

Original Poster

rob585;6544364

well if people stuck to the rules then others would not have to get … well if people stuck to the rules then others would not have to get involved...its up to us all to police this site to prevent others from being conned or taken for mugs....get over it and move on....next topic please.......

But both me and the OP have not broke any rules, so why get involved?

Yes like people (op :oops: ) who bump there own fs thread some SIX TIMES :? hotukdeals.com/ite…=90 then it gets locked :whistling:

bradtyke;6544417

Hdizzle thought you offered £1 inc P+P, he replied to save you time, as that offer would have been rejected but you prob would of had to wait a few hours for any responce from OP.

Original Poster

big-boy;6544432

Yes like people (op :oops: ) who bump there own fs thread some SIX TIMES … Yes like people (op :oops: ) who bump there own fs thread some SIX TIMES :? http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/443149/wanted-ps2-games-accessories-must-b/showpost.php?p=5955588&postcount=90 then it gets locked :whistling:

yes I made a mistake on my first thread and the mod dealt with it, no complaints here

big-boy;6544432

Yes like people (op :oops: ) who bump there own fs thread some SIX TIMES … Yes like people (op :oops: ) who bump there own fs thread some SIX TIMES :? http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/443149/wanted-ps2-games-accessories-must-b/showpost.php?p=5955588&postcount=90 then it gets locked :whistling:

the irony

bradtyke:

in other words trying to make themselves look clever (and actually doing … in other words trying to make themselves look clever (and actually doing the reverse)

Original Poster

hdizzle;6544410

I made a mistake, I misread the word, and I even apologized. Yet you … I made a mistake, I misread the word, and I even apologized. Yet you still had the audacity to start this thread. If this minor issue annoyed you so much for you to start a thread, then you may as well give up in life, cos there's so much more to deal with. Thread for others to see:]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/500019/all-items-1-plus-postage

You were just an example, it is not all directed at you, just the camel that broke the camel's back sort of speak

bradtyke;6544417

glasshouses as already pointed out......;-)

now where is my fishing rod cause i got a big one coming in....:thumbsup:

supermod

bradtyke, in this case it was an honest mistake by one of the other members who then apologised & we've now tidied the thread. As Moderators the 'helpful' members give a great deal of assistance to a lot of HUKD members & we are grateful for their help. In a case like this all you needed to do is report http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/custom_buttons/report.gif the comments once clarified & we can remove where relevant, but it's a little unfair to say this sort of error is someone being a 'wannabe mod'. Thanks.

Original Poster

I never said I haven't made a mistake with my own thread that time? And I understand the rules better now and it was a MOD who dealt with it, so no complaints here

Original Poster

sigma;6544480

bradtyke, in this case it was an honest mistake by one of the other … bradtyke, in this case it was an honest mistake by one of the other members who then apologised & we've now tidied the thread. As Moderators the 'helpful' members give a great deal of assistance to a lot of HUKD members & we are grateful for their help. In a case like this all you needed to do is report the comments once clarified & we can remove where relevant, but it's a little unfair to say this sort of error is someone being a 'wannabe mod'. Thanks.

Ah that explains why I never got to see the apology, thanks

bradtyke;6544466

You were just an example, it is not all directed at you, just the camel … You were just an example, it is not all directed at you, just the camel that broke the camel's back sort of speak

Well, all due respect bradtyke, but you need to work on your example-giving skills. I very rarely give 'advice' on threads, however I made the mistake of doing that with you, and unfortunately I misunderstood the OP's listing. So I am not under any circumstance a 'wanna be mod', despite contrary belief. I trust that you have understood my position in this matter bradtyke, and I hope you think twice before you next start a thread attacking a member, as you did in the threads opening post:

Example, hdizzle's post in this thread … Example, hdizzle's post in this thread http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/500019/all-items-1-plus-postage

sigma;6544480

bradtyke, in this case it was an honest mistake by one of the other … bradtyke, in this case it was an honest mistake by one of the other members who then apologised & we've now tidied the thread. As Moderators the 'helpful' members give a great deal of assistance to a lot of HUKD members & we are grateful for their help. In a case like this all you needed to do is report the comments once clarified & we can remove where relevant, but it's a little unfair to say this sort of error is someone being a 'wannabe mod'. Thanks.

Go Sigma Go Sigma Go Sigma

sigma;6544480

Thanks for clearing matters up sigma. There was a lot of confusion prior to your post.

Original Poster

I am not gonna turn this into a slanging match with you Hdizzle, you have apologised (even though I never got to see it) and I appreciate and except that. All I will say, maybe I do need to work on my example giving skills but then you need to work on your post reading skills too before you reply to them ;-)

bradtyke;6544573

I am not gonna turn this into a slanging match with you Hdizzle, you have … I am not gonna turn this into a slanging match with you Hdizzle, you have apologised (even though I never got to see it) and I appreciate and except that. All I will say, maybe I do need to work on my example giving skills but then you need to work on your post reading skills too before you reply to them ;-)

Yep perhaps I do, but I just don't think it was necessary for you to attack me publicly in the Misc section. Especially since it backfired on you. It would have been a far better option for you to PM me with your 'concerns'. I still had the window open of my apology before it got deleted:

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9035/hukd.jpg

bradtyke;6544573

I am not gonna turn this into a slanging match with you Hdizzle, you have … I am not gonna turn this into a slanging match with you Hdizzle, you have apologised (even though I never got to see it) and I appreciate and except that. All I will say, maybe I do need to work on my example giving skills but then you need to work on your post reading skills too before you reply to them ;-)

well done dude your that much closer to winning an argument over the internet.

I SALUTE YOU!!

your going to find it very tough once you step outside if your getting this wound up over someone mistake on a thread.

Being a wannabe mod ;-) I have EXPIRED this :thumbsup: , bradtyke I think you have had your answer from Sigma.................move on nothing to see here :roll:

big-boy;6544798

Being a wannabe mod ;-) I have EXPIRED this :thumbsup: , bradtyke I … Being a wannabe mod ;-) I have EXPIRED this :thumbsup: , bradtyke I think you have had your answer from Sigma.................move on nothing to see here :roll:

I don't think it's right to expire this, there's a lot to be learnt from this thread...

hdizzle;6544813

I don't think it's right to expire this, there's a lot to be learnt from … I don't think it's right to expire this, there's a lot to be learnt from this thread...

ahh unexpired

Banned

sigma;6544480

but it's a little unfair to say this sort of error is someone being a … but it's a little unfair to say this sort of error is someone being a 'wannabe mod'. Thanks.

Agreed.

Wannabe mods normally have databases, spam threads and bed notch successful suspensions from reports made.

This was clearly a misunderstanding.

I agree with you, too many fools.

guv;6544888

Agreed.Wannabe mods normally have databases, spam threads and bed notch … Agreed.Wannabe mods normally have databases, spam threads and bed notch successful suspensions from reports made.This was clearly a misunderstanding.

agree:thumbsup:

skusey;6545293

agree:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Jumpingphil;6548615

When I first saw that thread, I was going to offer £1.00 for all the … When I first saw that thread, I was going to offer £1.00 for all the items.:w00t:Glad I didn't.:thumbsup:

haha so you misunderstood as well! Nice new avatar btw :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions