Groups

why vote cold?

Maybe a stupid question but just wondering what we're actually meant to be voting on. Is it the deal or the product? I thought it was hot uk deals so when i see a deal thats good i vote hot but I've seen people vote cold on a good deal because they don't like the products/supplier. For example, somebody might post a decent deal from sports direct. Then get folk saying "cold from me, i hate sports direct" now why vote cold? If you don't like the product just don't vote. It's still a good deal even if you don't like the particular shop. Or if it's a deal that's already been posted. The poster doesn't realise that because they haven't been on the site all day and they think theyre sharing a good deal. Why vote cold? Admin will delete it anyway so why not just comment and say its already been posted. Why vote cold?

19 Comments

A hot deal has been voted hot by the public, so the public opinion of everything combined (price, item, availability, supplier etc) is that its a hot deal. I think it's perfectly reasonable to vote cold on a deal due to a supplier you have previously had problems with. If you are the only person who's ever had a problem with the supplier it won't make any difference, but if lots of people have had trouble with them then the deal will start to gain cold votes, as it rightly should.
    If it's an item which is popular and at a great price it will go hot, if it's a popular item at an OK price it can still go hot, but a less popular item at a fantastic price may never make it onto the front page.
    Everyone should just base their voting on their own preference really. That way popular items will be seen by the masses and less popular ones will still be there, but may require a search.

Because your voting on the product, price and seller.
    You can have the best product at the best price ever but if the seller has a reputation for messing up orders, randomly cancelling orders and holding onto the money, etc then it's not a good deal.

There is also the availability, seasonality and a few other variables which affects the voting.

Dont get me wrong some times the system messes up and good deals get a snowball of cold votes, but as a whole it works well

DEAL.. it's called hot uk DEALS

Opinions are always welcome but it's not really a review site that said when folk HATE something they will cold vote it even your paid to take it away! Or so they will have you believe

My votes are based on a variety of different things. I allways vote based on whether or not i can even get the deal easily.
    For instance, if its way down in Tesco Southampton, ill vote cold (people who ARE in southampton or nearby are free to vote hot to counter my vote, but it gives an idea of how accessible it actually is). Oh, and if posters cant be bothered to say which store they found the deal in they get a cold vote too.

I also vote on whether it is good value (e.g something which normally has a high price but has been found at a much lower price, but not cheap tat which is cheap anyway - something which you will commonly see posted on HUKD)
    Example = a polaroid HD tv at £300 is not as good a deal as a Sony TV would be selling for £300

Finally if its a deal that is timewasting like a joke deal e.g a deal for "barbed wire" or "donald trump wig" will automatically get a cold vote from me.

Its quite hard to get a hot vote from me, im hard to please
    Edited by: "118luke" 18th Feb

Most vote cold because ...baa...baa.
    There are griefers and numpties out there with nowt better to do. ,

Haters and heaters.

swizzell

Why vote cold?

If its not the cheapest available.

Only valid reason IMO.

Because there are individuals using this site not looking for a good deal but just looking to troll other uses and cause as much nause as they can.

Depends what product you posting.
    If you post deal of game/console which is few penny/quid cheaper nobody cares about retailer, for everything else it's retailer matters most. Also people love to vote cold if your deal is cold already and won't apply their own sense to understand that deal.
    It shouldn't bother you the slightest if your deal is voted cold (well I never bothered) it's just a game enjoy it...
    Edited by: "nihir" 18th Feb

Mathaeus

DEAL.. it's called hot uk DEALS Opinions are always welcome but it's not … DEAL.. it's called hot uk DEALS Opinions are always welcome but it's not really a review site that said when folk HATE something they will cold vote it even your paid to take it away! Or so they will have you believe

Personally I think whether something is a good deal involves more than just price, it's whether it's good value, worth buying, etc - for the average person, so I wouldn't vote cold if I just didn't need one or didn't like it. But if it's a dodgy vendor, or a dodgy product (e.g. known to have design flaws etc) then I don't think it's wrong to vote cold. Just because this is the cheapest price for X doesn't make it a hot deal if X isn't worth buying.

Example - with the exclusion of the Apple vs PC debate, nobody comes on here looking for an Asus 13SHGEB-X2. 99.99999% of the people interested in that post are looking for "a good computer something like this". It's basically irrelevant if that's the cheapest price around for that particular sub-model of a model; you have to consider it in a basket with all the other similar computers and their past, present and future prices before you can decide if it's a deal or not.

In my opinion if someone really, really wants a particular product, you can just search on Google. The real benefit to this site are the opinions (good, bad and indifferent) by the great community we have here who have experienced so many of these products and are willing to tell others what they think. That's why this site is popular, the people. If you just want to know where you can find something the cheapest, a computer could tell you that.

I vote on the deal, regardless if it like the product.

Bleugh

Most vote cold because ...baa...baa.There are griefers and numpties out … Most vote cold because ...baa...baa.There are griefers and numpties out there with nowt better to do. ,

Also fraudsters , fake deals and shoddy products . We judge so people know if its a rip-off or a poor product.

Ha - I posted a deal the other day around 80% off I would say it was national and still was cold! Didn't get it tbh

jojo_1074

Ha - I posted a deal the other day around 80% off I would say it was … Ha - I posted a deal the other day around 80% off I would say it was national and still was cold! Didn't get it tbh

Your deal was store specific for a niche market product.
    Most in store specific deals are wild goose chase for 99.9% of people.

If in your original post you stated the store and proof then it would have gotten a few more hot votes, but no proof and store specific = no vote or cold votes for most people.

joedastudd

Your deal was store specific for a niche market product.Most in store … Your deal was store specific for a niche market product.Most in store specific deals are wild goose chase for 99.9% of people.If in your original post you stated the store and proof then it would have gotten a few more hot votes, but no proof and store specific = no vote or cold votes for most people.

Ok I'll bear it mind - thanks

In regards to why vote cold if the deal has already been posted, as I understand it we should all do a quick search to see if the deal has been posted in the past four weeks before submitting it. It takes seconds to do a search, so if the op hasn't bothered I can see why this would cause cold votes, as it bogs the site down with duplicated items.
    Personally a deal which is cheaper elsewhere, or those glow in the dark dangly bike lights that are reposted every couple of months are guaranteed my cold vote.

I don't bother even posting deals anymore because unless its a refurb lenovo tablet or a tv that isnt vestel its going to be cold.... unless its a mainstream massive deal.

or if the site "decides" something is good then the temperature can go nuclear X)

You sometimes get deals voted cold even if it's a good product at the cheapest price through a well trusted website. It's mad... Iv purchased through 'cold posts' before as I can see it's the product I want at cheapest price.

Once it goes minus people seem to follow like sheep and vote cold even if they know nothing about the product or price. In essence just voting blindly that it must not be good deal as it's not been voted hot by others

Sandy1012

You sometimes get deals voted cold even if it's a good product at the … You sometimes get deals voted cold even if it's a good product at the cheapest price through a well trusted website. It's mad... Iv purchased through 'cold posts' before as I can see it's the product I want at cheapest price.Once it goes minus people seem to follow like sheep and vote cold even if they know nothing about the product or price. In essence just voting blindly that it must not be good deal as it's not been voted hot by others

Yes couldn't agree more or the cynical sarcastic comments I see on here quite a lot. Says a lot about the people writing them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions