Groups

Why wont coloured CD,s play in Laptop?

Hello. My bro got a new laptop for his Birthday and for some reason it wont play CDs that have a coloured ring on them? What is the reason for this. He rang Dell Tech Help and they cant explain it either ..
    Any help much appreciated..

11 Comments

Banned

Racist laptop.

they are coasters.

Is the ring around the spindle hole? This may be encoded in some way. A lot of music CDs were/are released and look like this and you usually have to install some kind of software to view/use them.

Just a thought...:)

Coloured cd ?

Original Poster

marmalade47;7683391

Is the ring around the spindle hole? This may be encoded in some way. A … Is the ring around the spindle hole? This may be encoded in some way. A lot of music CDs were/are released and look like this and you usually have to install some kind of software to view/use them.Just a thought...:)

Nope.. The ring is at the outer edge..

Original Poster

dontasciime;7683706

Coloured cd ?

Seems i didnt word my title very well ..lol.. The CDs that dont play have a purple or silver ring at the outer edge..

got an image (picture) are they original cd's ? if not what make

Original Poster

dontasciime;7693314

got an image (picture) are they original cd's ? if not what make

Sorry havent got a pic not with my bro.. They are original cds bought from shop.. They all seem to be quite old cds..

steph_reid;7693339

Sorry havent got a pic not with my bro.. They are original cds bought … Sorry havent got a pic not with my bro.. They are original cds bought from shop.. They all seem to be quite old cds..

which ones then

Original Poster

Sorry didnt ask what CDs they were !

steph_reid;7698683

Sorry didnt ask what CDs they were !

You're not making this easy. Is there a prize:lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      2. PlayStation Hacked Again?23