Groups

Why wont my laptop play DVDs???? I has a dvd rewriter

I have an Acer 7730 only since Jan this year. I recently tried to play a dvd but if i can get it to play there is no sound on media player and if i go through acer arcade it wont play at all.
    Am i doing something wrong or is the laptop rubbish or faulty.
    Bearing in mind my sister has one too and she tried and has similar problems

14 Comments

Original Poster

i have just tried again and it appears to be working at the moment, i will see if it locks up or not

Yes Acers are rubbish..... what region is the dvd? Are you getting a picture on the screen...download VLC media player and try that.

or i use k-lite classic media player.. has yet to fail to play any format]http//ww…htm and its open source..i.e. free

also update your other software players...sounds like a codec issue if you can get a picture....I take it there is nothing wrong with the computer's sound otherwise?

Original Poster

Xiwt;4695566

also update your other software players...sounds like a codec issue if … also update your other software players...sounds like a codec issue if you can get a picture....I take it there is nothing wrong with the computer's sound otherwise?

hi, no sound is fine other than dvds

ok did u manage to download VLC or K Lite as the other poster suggested?

mine does than too, i have a HP pavillion dv9000 i think its cos i've dropped it so many times

What all dvds have no sound?

Double Click on the volume icon in the bottom right and make sure your CD/DVD drive volume is not on mute

ilovelilac since when are you in computer misc?!

Xiwt;4696385

What all dvds have no sound?Double Click on the volume icon in the bottom … What all dvds have no sound?Double Click on the volume icon in the bottom right and make sure your CD/DVD drive volume is not on muteilovelilac since when are you in computer misc?!

im in all the misc :-D

oh yeah forgot!

I meant ....what you doing up so early!

Xiwt;4696426

oh yeah forgot! I meant ....what you doing up so early!

i woke up not long ago :shock:

miffy121 you alive or your keyboard packed in now?

Right I'm off hope you sort it out.

Original Poster

Hi, sorry for not replying earlier. The keyboard is fine, its the three kids that were playing up that bought me away from the computer.
    I got it to play fine with the acer arcade in the end but it wouldnt do it the other night and there is still no sound from the media player but i will try some different ones tomorrow.
    Thanks for helping and ive given rep to you all

Oh and xiwt please change your avatar, im on a diet and absolutely starving
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions