Groups

Why wont windows load on my PC?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to load windows on my PC but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm trying to do it by using a USB flash drive but when it gets to the black screen with the windows logo, it stays there for 5 seconds and then the PC restarts. If anyone knows a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated.

8 Comments

Are you trying to boot off the usb? If so you will need to go into the PC bios (normally by hitting F12 once you power on), then check that "boot from USB" is enabled.

Original Poster

soled73

Are you trying to boot off the usb? If so you will need to go into the … Are you trying to boot off the usb? If so you will need to go into the PC bios (normally by hitting F12 once you power on), then check that "boot from USB" is enabled.

​Thanks for your reply. I've already done that. It starts booting from the usb and the the PC restarts and it keeps repeating it

Im just guessing as this is common with dvd installation, but you need to remove the usb stick from the drive when it restarts as it will be caught in a loop.

2nd device should be the one you want to have as your main boot drive too

Original Poster

shabbird

Im just guessing as this is common with dvd installation, but you need to … Im just guessing as this is common with dvd installation, but you need to remove the usb stick from the drive when it restarts as it will be caught in a loop.

​But if I remove the usb as it's booting from it, won't it damage the usb?

Go into bios and change boot option so that the hdd is no 1, pull out USB and reboot, I assume you have already installed os and just kept the bios as boot from USB,

What OS is currently loaded on your hard drive?
    What OS is on the USB you are trying to boot from?
    What make and model is your PC? What is the latest BIOS on that PC? Have you checked to see if there is a more up to date BIOS for the PC that you need to update?
    Is the BIOS on the PC set to protect these sorts of things - UEFI?
    This may be useful
    google.co.uk/web…AgD

Just a thought but are you installing the correct architecture for your system? Is your system 32 bit but you're trying to install 64bit?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky11
      2. Iptv1227
      3. Hifi Speaker cable choice?46
      4. best place for fishing tackle?11

See more discussions