Expired

Why you should never buy from Littlewoods....

Found 7th Jan 2012
I purchased 30 x shorts and 20 x Nike socks a few days ago in their sale, ideal for a football team I play for that was formed in the summer.

Trouble started when I saw the shorts cheaper on Very, a few hours after I had placed order on littlewoods. No prob I thought, they are the same company, they will price match. Phoned them up, uninterested girl answered, she said they cant price match. So I laughed, and said it was pathetic that i needed to canel order, then pay you again. I asked for the order to be cancelled. She didnt seem interested, I had to ask, 'will i get a confirmation email for the cancellation'. She replied 'yeah i think you will'.

Thought no more of it, and placed order at very for the same.

I woke to an email saying that my littlewoods order had arrived at a collect+ location this morning. That was after me cancelling the order! And I got an email saying the socks were out of stock.

Thats when things got interesting. i paid using my mastercard, which is linked to paypal. I looked this morning, and they have taken TWO lots of payment for the items!

One payment of £184.95 for shorts, one for £60 for the socks. BUT
Then 30x individual payments of £6 for the shorts, and 20x individual payments of £3 for the socks! In all, nearly £500!

I phoned them today, and they said they hadn't taken two payments, and they couldnt see it!!!!! I would have to phone back monday when the 'payments' team were in. I asked for a manager, but the lad would not put him on the phone, instead saying I had to post them statements showing the money gone. What a load of BS!

Anyone who knows paypal, will then know I will have to go into every individual transaction, and print it off! Thats 52 pages!

To compound matters, I got my order from the instructions on the email from littlewoods said i needed the tracking number OR customer number, plus utility bill as proof to collect. When I got there, the girl said I needed my customer number, a complete contradiction to the email! So I had to go back home, get my customer number, and then go back.

So dont bother with this mickey mouse company, that cannot even see the payments they are taking off customers, and who cannot cancel an order! I just know that this wrangle could drag on for months as they probably wont accept the paypal printouts!

Very angry littlewoods customer!
Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
What happened with the order you placed with Very?
What you need to do if you get no joy on Monday - I know it seems ages away when you are annoyed and want it sorting out.

If you get no joy from speaking to a Manager on Monday or they give you a load of flannel - email mark.newton-jones@shopdirect.com - he is the CEO of the Shop Direct Group which incorporates Littlewoods, very etc.

Keep the email short and to the point, to be honest your post pretty much says it all, just tidy it up a bit. Hopefully, you will get it sorted out much quicker going to the top.
Haha - the order I placed with very. it came, delivered to my door this morning. But 12 pairs, 18 pairs short, but when i rang up the other 18 are being dispatched on monday, so no problem there I hope.

Maccy, thankyou very much for your advice, i will do that. thanks
richard0000

Haha - the order I placed with very. it came, delivered to my door this … Haha - the order I placed with very. it came, delivered to my door this morning. But 12 pairs, 18 pairs short, but when i rang up the other 18 are being dispatched on monday, so no problem there I hope.Maccy, thankyou very much for your advice, i will do that. thanks

No problem - glad you got your order from Very! At least that will not give you another headache! Providing they dispatch the remainder lol. (_;)
i bought something from them the other day, excellent service, mistakes do happen, not everyone is perfect like you op
whatsThePoint

i bought something from them the other day, excellent service, mistakes … i bought something from them the other day, excellent service, mistakes do happen, not everyone is perfect like you op

It is not the mistakes that annoy people - it is how the company deals with them when they have been made.
maccy1

It is not the mistakes that annoy people - it is how the company deals … It is not the mistakes that annoy people - it is how the company deals with them when they have been made.

and i'm sure you've never made a mistake when dealing with someone either
whatsThePoint

and i'm sure you've never made a mistake when dealing with someone either

Finally, you got something right
So how did you pay for the very order?
The reason they don't price match their sister site is due to different P&P charges between the two.
maccy1

Finally, you got something right

as i usually research a subject before posting i'm nearly always right, if i''m wrong its because an expert made a mistake and you can't blame me for that
whatsThePoint

i bought something from them the other day, excellent service, mistakes … i bought something from them the other day, excellent service, mistakes do happen, not everyone is perfect like you op

Now, nowehere in my post did I say I have never made a mistake. I could live with one mistake (i.e they charged me twice for one set of products twice) but to charge for two different sets of products, twice?

I really hope something like this never happens to you, and you find you have no money on a weekend because a supposed 'big' retailer has double charged your card - not once, but twice!

And as maccy has said, if they had actually shown any interest in me and the situation THEY have put me in, then I would not feel compelled to write on here what I thought about them. But they haven't, in fact, they couldn't have cared less to be honest!

Argos sent me somebody elses order last year (I ordered a tumbledrier, i got an oak chest of drawers) One call, they sorted it all out within 24 hours out as well as sending me a giftcard - nothing but praise for them, they handled it correctly.
Shengis

So how did you pay for the very order?

The exact Mastercard linked to Paypal that i paid littlewoods with. And I have checked, they charged me £138 in one payment, which is correct.
Syzable

The reason they don't price match their sister site is due to different … The reason they don't price match their sister site is due to different P&P charges between the two.

yep i got free delivery from Very, littlewoods charged me £4.95 (and yes, they charged me for that twice too!)
whatsThePoint

as i usually research a subject before posting i'm nearly always right, … as i usually research a subject before posting i'm nearly always right, if i''m wrong its because an expert made a mistake and you can't blame me for that

Orly? You post the same moment an OP clicks submit button, where's the time for your research?
Marina

Orly? You post the same moment an OP clicks submit button, where's the … Orly? You post the same moment an OP clicks submit button, where's the time for your research?

i'm that fast
In order for me to make an informed and unbiased comment I will need to see photographic evidence of the team wearing these shorts.
Op - do you not think all of this couldve been avoided if you had shopped around first and had not placed another order without getting written confirmation of the first one being cancelled? Just sayin...
hermanjelmet

Op - do you not think all of this couldve been avoided if you had shopped … Op - do you not think all of this couldve been avoided if you had shopped around first and had not placed another order without getting written confirmation of the first one being cancelled? Just sayin...

It has nothing to do with that!

I can send the ones from littlewoods back no problem.

The issue is, instead of being charged £244.95 for the items I have ordered, they have charged me twice for the same things. So they charged me nearly £500!

but you would know that if you read the OP correctly, hey? :-)
Edited by: "richard0000" 7th Jan 2012
richard0000

It has nothing to do with that!I can send the ones from littlewoods back … It has nothing to do with that!I can send the ones from littlewoods back no problem.The issue is, instead of being charged £244.95 for the items I have ordered, they have charged me twice for the same things. So they charged me nearly £500!but you would know that if you read the OP correctly, hey? :-)

But if you'd only ordered from very the situation wouldn't exist. Probably.....
Am I missing something? Why do you need to print 52 pages from paypal off?
Firstly you can just print them off as a statement rather than each individual transaction. Or you could print your card statement. Or you could just do a chargeback for half of them.

Or you could find out what Littlewoods charge for copy statements (will be in the T&C's), print all 52 pages off and invoice them the same amount per statement
Oh my god. I just stumbled across this as ive had a slight problem with few things regarding littlewoods.
I didnt know people could be so hilarious and petty.
I love it so much i read other posts and yes its everywhere.
Crazyhorses u rock lol
Before i give my opinion Richard, may i call you Dick?
transit

Before i give my opinion Richard, may i call you Dick?

It's Ricardo to you..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants