Groups

Widescreen Monitor: Configuration...

I've just got a nice widescreen monitor but I am having some problems with it already.

The monitor is 20" and is set to 1680x1050...

Firstly: A lot of the icons in my taskbar and quick launch and blurry, the 'start' button is also not as clear as it could be.

Secondly: The minimize, maximise and close buttons at the top right of Windows have enlarged massively.

Thirdly: The BBC Sport web page is shown only on the left hand side of the screen and leaves a HUGE white space on the right.

Fourthly: Some webpages (including hukd) display extremely small text... HUKD also leaves small gray lines around the site

If anyone has any ideas or remedies for the above problems, I would greatly appreciate it and kudos will be left...

3 Comments

Is your graphic card set to output 1680x1050? If it's less than this, the monitor will scale it up.

When I switched to a similar set up, I had to get a new driver for my graphics, as the one I was running didn't support 1680x1050.

windows>start >control panel >appearance and themes >change screen resolution.

Original Poster

My graphics card is set to 1680x1050 and so is the resolution in Windows...

Any other ideas - I've got the latest drivers for the graphics card and the monitor...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1212
      2. Apples new update812
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1723
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826362

See more discussions