Groups

wife cleande gasz oven ????????now not lighting

wife decided too spring clean the oven the other day pilot lights but dosnt light the oven have to do it with a taper....pilot dosnt seem too light in right place ,anyone no of a good fix????

18 Comments

You sure it aint an electric oven??

The cleaning stuff has probs blocked the gas holes, give it a bit of a scrub with some water. I'm sure vie done this before

SuperEd

Stop drinking before you do it

Sometimes the ignition is run off a AA battery, have a look in your manual to see if this is the case

goonertillidie

That's what i was thinking lol

Original Poster

goonertillidie

think the wife did have a few

Original Poster

Train Driver

You sure it aint an electric oven??

yeah i normally light an electric oven with a taper..............haha doughnut

check the electrode at the back, should be behind a plate that covers the gas flames. You may need to clean it or if it doesn't spark when you try to ignite it bend the holder a little so the electrode is closer to the metal plate. To test you could always put a screwdriver underneath it to see if the electrode isn't sparking.

Happened to us but resolved it with the above

123tylerjames

yeah i normally light an electric oven with a taper..............haha … yeah i normally light an electric oven with a taper..............haha doughnut

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/fox2020plus/309tz6u.gif

ohh I love your accent X)

Banned

123tylerjames

yeah i normally light an electric oven with a taper..............haha … yeah i normally light an electric oven with a taper..............haha doughnut

you light an electric oven with a taper.......what a doughnut!

Original Poster

RFC

you light an electric oven with a taper.......what a doughnut!

joke taking the ****.....

Never mind your oven won't light......Just tell me how you managed to get the wife to clean the oven

Banned

i tried to get the wife to clean the oven the other day,was,nt to pleased when i switched it on!

Told mine to stick her head in there to see if she could smell gas!!!

RFC

i tried to get the wife to clean the oven the other day,was,not to … i tried to get the wife to clean the oven the other day,was,not to pleased when i switched it on!

Was it gas or electric

Banned

fox2020

Was it gas or electric

microwave?

It may be blocked. Try getting her out of the oven first.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)817
      2. Gaming PC Upgrade Help22
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER56
      4. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1621

See more discussions