Groups

Wifi adapter for raspberry pi b+

Hi guys. My wifi adaptor which i am positive i had running, which originally pi purchase for my laptop gave up the ghost. I bought another, but that only seem to work on my laptop foe a while, but not the pi. But that died, but lucky i am getting a replacement sent to me.
    I am looking for a very cheap adapter, and looking for one with an aerial for better coverage. I have been searching ebay, and I have been looking at this model.

ebay.co.uk/itm…8b9

Can any one confirm if this works with the pi? Believe i am looking for one with a ralink chip in it.
    I appreciate your experience. Just look for a really cheap one, and don't mind waiting a bit.

Thanks for your advice Lee

5 Comments

Hi Lee,

Who is your ISP?

I ask because I have had varying results with cheap wifi adapters (from same supplier) based on connections with Sky and Talk Talk.

Ultimately the ones I bought (3 of them) all worked but 1 (mine as luck would have it) was the most irritating and I ended up connecting to the router via Ethernet. The other two I bought however performed well for about 6 months or so.

The ones I used were either these or very similar:

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…826

Original Poster

xbmckof

Hi Lee,Who is your ISP?I ask because I have had varying results with … Hi Lee,Who is your ISP?I ask because I have had varying results with cheap wifi adapters (from same supplier) based on connections with Sky and Talk Talk. Ultimately the ones I bought (3 of them) all worked but 1 (mine as luck would have it) was the most irritating and I ended up connecting to the router via Ethernet. The other two I bought however performed well for about 6 months or so.The ones I used were either these or very similar:http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIFI-150MBPS-WIRELESS-ADAPTOR-802-11-B-G-N-LAN-NETWORK-MINI-USB-DONGLE-ADAPTER-/321023374826

My ISP is sky. But I have no problems of connecting my previous wifi adapters . I am experiencing computability Issue with pi and certain adaptors . Most of the sellers off of ebay have'nt got a clue uhat they are selling . 1 am lcooking for adapter with an anteni .
    Edited by: "leeparsons" 13th Jan 2015

hiya I've got one of these working now raspberry pi
    aria.co.uk/Pro…677

Original Poster

stefromuk

hiya I've got one of these working now raspberry pi … hiya I've got one of these working now raspberry pi http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Networking/Wireless/Adapter+-+USB/TP-Link+TL-WN725N+150Mbps+Wireless-N+Nano+USB+Adapter+?productId=52677

Thanks, but i did say with ariel if you read my request! Plus i can get that for allot cheaper, different model mind

leeparsons

Thanks, but i did say with ariel if you read my request! Plus i can get … Thanks, but i did say with ariel if you read my request! Plus i can get that for allot cheaper, different model mind

No worries I have a habit of that ..just skimming through the questions .
    At work and on Hukd doesn't really mix lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      3. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98

See more discussions