Wifi calling whilst abroad outside of EU using VPN - Has anyone managed to successfully get this to work?

Found 21st Jan
As an O2 customer it used to be possible with TuGo app, but that's now discontinued.

I'm thinking about switching to EE as their wifi calling includes texts and O2's doesn't.

I'm travelling to the Far East this year and would like a proper replacement for TuGo, hence my question?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Use what’s app. As long as you have a data allowance.
why does o2 not? i text with mine and im on o2
Original Poster
cmdr_elito1 h, 29 m ago

Use what’s app. As long as you have a data allowance.

The problem with WhatsApp is that both users must have it installed.
VPN workers for me on vodafone, they didn’t charge me
Original Poster
Dannyrobbo19 m ago

VPN workers for me on vodafone, they didn’t charge me

Do you put your phone in airplane mode once you embark on the aircraft leaving the UK. I've been told that doing that and using a VPN means network provider can never work out you are in another country. Without the airplane mode being enabled a notification would be received when arriving in the destination country
OllieSt10 h, 49 m ago

Do you put your phone in airplane mode once you embark on the aircraft …Do you put your phone in airplane mode once you embark on the aircraft leaving the UK. I've been told that doing that and using a VPN means network provider can never work out you are in another country. Without the airplane mode being enabled a notification would be received when arriving in the destination country

I just enabled VPN for the UK and it just worked, I don’t think there’s a foolproof method and I still think in theory you could always be charged as it states in the terms.

with airplane mode on they’d never know you left the country from changing operator so I’d say that would be the best way.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants