WIFI DONGLE HELP

Banned 13 replies
Found 15th Apr 2010
HI FELLOW HUKD MEMBERS

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A LAPTOP - I WANT A WIFI DONGLE TO BE ABLE TO SURF THE NET ON THE GO. I AM NOT SURE HOW THIS WORKS THOUGH? I WANT A PAY AS YOU DEAL/DONGLE

CAN ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT REGARDING THE WIFI DONGLE, HOW IT WORKS, IS IT RELIABLE AND THE DEALS AVAILABLE?

ALSO ONE LAST QUESTION, IS IT LIKE A MOBILE PAY AS YOUGO? U TOP UP A FIVER ETC AND YOU RUN IT OUT THEN TOP UP ANOTHER FIVER ETC ETC?

REPWILL BE LEFT

THANKS

1. Misc
  2. Dongle
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dongle
13 Comments

"also One Last Question, Is It Like A Mobile Pay As Yougo? U Top Up A
Fiver Etc And You Run It Out Then Top Up Another Fiver Etc Etc?"

Yes

Original Poster Banned

Spriggan;8374153

"also One Last Question, Is It Like A Mobile Pay As Yougo? U Top Up A … "also One Last Question, Is It Like A Mobile Pay As Yougo? U Top Up A Fiver Etc And You Run It Out Then Top Up Another Fiver Etc Etc?"Yes

GREAT - HOW LONG WOULD A /310 LAST IF I WAS USING LIKE AN HOUR A DAY SURFING THE NET, BUT NOT DOWNLOADING?:thumbsup:

Banned

Check your Caps Lock button, it's stuck on. That always affects wi-fi

shhhhhhhh

Original Poster Banned

my bad!!!

you want a wifi dongle or mobile internet dongle?

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;8374561

you want a wifi dongle or mobile internet dongle?

please advice? whats the difference?

ideally just want the internet to work when out and about, :oops:

sunnysinghcheema;8374229

Great - how long would a /310 last if i was using like an hour a day … Great - how long would a /310 last if i was using like an hour a day surfing the net, but not downloading?:thumbsup:

When I'm using mobile broadband I recon about 30 to 40 MB per hour of surfing. Any YouTube/iPlayer/TVCatchup stuff is extra on top of that.

Original Poster Banned

nick1austin;8374736

When I'm using mobile broadband I recon about 30 to 40 MB per hour of … When I'm using mobile broadband I recon about 30 to 40 MB per hour of surfing. Any YouTube/iPlayer/TVCatchup stuff is extra on top of that.

thanks mate rep left:thumbsup:

Back to your original question. I too found the terminology confusing but it appears that there are three primary methods of getting mobile broadband:

1) If you just want mobile broadband on one computer, use a USB dongle.
2) If you want to share a mobile internet connection over WiFi then get you might want to look at MiFi unit.
3) If you want to share using wired connections (ethernet) you want a 3G router.

To add to the confusion MiFi and 3G routers both come in two types, those that accept a SIM card and those that accept a USB dongle.

sunnysinghcheema;8374585

please advice? whats the difference?ideally just want the internet to … please advice? whats the difference?ideally just want the internet to work when out and about, :oops:

WiFi dongle connects to a wireles router, generally in your house.

If you want to use it anywhere (well, where there's coverage) then you would need a mobile internet dongle

Original Poster Banned

nick1austin;8374876

Back to your original question. I too found the terminology confusing … Back to your original question. I too found the terminology confusing but it appears that there are three primary methods of getting mobile broadband:1) If you just want mobile broadband on one computer, use a USB dongle. 2) If you want to share a mobile internet connection over WiFi then get you might want to look at MiFi unit.3) If you want to share using wired connections (ethernet) you want a 3G router.To add to the confusion MiFi and 3G routers both come in two types, those that accept a SIM card and those that accept a USB dongle.

its number one :thumbsup:

rep left thanks

Original Poster Banned

sancho1983;8374928

WiFi dongle connects to a wireles router, generally in your house.If you … WiFi dongle connects to a wireles router, generally in your house.If you want to use it anywhere (well, where there's coverage) then you would need a mobile internet dongle

thanks you:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?47
    2. Driving anxiety.1923
    3. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv33
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed430

See more discussions