Wifi extender recommendations under £20

Posted 15th Oct
we have a loft, and the router is on the bottom floor, in the corner of the house, so rooms on the 1st floor cant get a connection and it is almost non existent for the 2nd floor.

I am reading reviews and people say it doesnt help, so i want to know what you recommened/use
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Move router or buy mesh setup.
wayners15/10/2019 20:35

Move router or buy mesh setup.

I cant as I only have one of those ethernet blocks, the house has been extended up and down, and I dont want to spend extra to get one installed
I've moved main sockets although I shouldn't of. Only 2 wires. Any way. Mesh is the way to go. You can get fast speed and full house wifi coverage. Can add more mesh boxes if needed but go look it up. Only way really. see what others say though
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Oct
wayners15/10/2019 20:43

I've moved main sockets although I shouldn't of. Only 2 wires. Any way. …I've moved main sockets although I shouldn't of. Only 2 wires. Any way. Mesh is the way to go. You can get fast speed and full house wifi coverage. Can add more mesh boxes if needed but go look it up. Only way really. see what others say though

Appreciate the help
Mesh - but will cost more than £20
rhythmandsoul15/10/2019 20:58

Wifi extenders don’t work very well

Mine work VERY VERY well. We have the cheap (£7) USB Xiaomi ones as we run them off 12v via solar panels and a battery for our holiday homes so that we can turn the mains off in outbuildings when we are not not there but still use the IP security cameras. We use Sonoff SV's (£5) to reboot them once in a while via the internet.
joyf453615/10/2019 21:13

Mine work VERY VERY well. We have the cheap (£7) USB Xiaomi ones as we …Mine work VERY VERY well. We have the cheap (£7) USB Xiaomi ones as we run them off 12v via solar panels and a battery for our holiday homes so that we can turn the mains off in outbuildings when we are not not there but still use the IP security cameras. We use Sonoff SV's (£5) to reboot them once in a while via the internet.

Do you have links, preferably from amazon
joyf453615/10/2019 21:13

Mine work VERY VERY well. We have the cheap (£7) USB Xiaomi ones as we …Mine work VERY VERY well. We have the cheap (£7) USB Xiaomi ones as we run them off 12v via solar panels and a battery for our holiday homes so that we can turn the mains off in outbuildings when we are not not there but still use the IP security cameras. We use Sonoff SV's (£5) to reboot them once in a while via the internet.

If the signal is weak in the first place an extender is attenuating a weak signal. It also depends on how many Wi-Fi or IOT devices present, I have over 24 that require Wi-Fi in the house. Extenders didn’t work at all. Only when I went to mesh did it solve the constant issues
Search for Xiaomi Wifi Repeater, we have 6 and all work well.
rhythmandsoul15/10/2019 21:19

If the signal is weak in the first place an extender is attenuating a weak …If the signal is weak in the first place an extender is attenuating a weak signal. It also depends on how many Wi-Fi or IOT devices present, I have over 24 that require Wi-Fi in the house. Extenders didn’t work at all. Only when I went to mesh did it solve the constant issues

Works for us.
Sometimes you just have to spend a little bit more money, i couldnt reccomend a cheap extender
I would suggest you look into Mesh wifi or WiFi Powerline adapter kit

If you insist have a go for cheap wifi externder, my only suggestion is go for a shop which you can easily return as I personally don't think it is going to work.
You want homeplugs. These repeater/extender things are absolute crap.

Something like this will do the trick :-

amazon.co.uk/TL-…8-3
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants