WiFi for Amazon Fire Stick

Found 22nd Dec 2017
Bit of a random question. I was thinking of buying my mum an Amazon Fire Stick for her birthday to go on her TV in the living room.

The fire sick is gonna be powered by a usb port on the back of the TV. The thing is my parents turn the TV off on the wall every night. Will the fire stick automatically log back onto the WiFi or will you have to put the password in each time.

Thank you

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

The USB on my TV struggles to power my fire stick.

It will remember the WiFi networks.

It remembers everything, but you'll have to install firmware updates manually (not difficult) and wait for it to cold boot every time you turn it on which is around about 80 seconds.
As someone above stated, some TV's cannot supply enough juice and you get an annoying message warning you. You can get cables with capacitors in to help though. Try searching for Mission fire stick cable.

abcbut57 m ago

The USB on my TV struggles to power my fire stick.

Mine is really really slow on USB power too

Original Poster

Thank you guys. Very useful information

Yep... mine also struggles on the TV USB. If it does get up and running, it will start the update process and then get stuck in a loop until you plug it into the mains.

Mine wouldn't run properly powered by the usb
And should auto detect saved WiFi networks

BeerMeister41 m ago

Yep... mine also struggles on the TV USB. If it does get up and running, …Yep... mine also struggles on the TV USB. If it does get up and running, it will start the update process and then get stuck in a loop until you plug it into the mains.

Mine does that too but only over the last month or so. It’s frustrating I think amazon are angling for an upgrade

Roku are better,, all apps like amazon, Netflix and now tv on one box

im sure u get a plug with it dont u to plug into the usb
Post a comment
@
    Text