Wifi from Wired Internet

Found 27th Dec 2017
I have wired internet in my room as well as wifi from the Hub downstairs but the Wifi is poor, I was wondering what device I could use to make the wired internet connection in my room wireless like a wifi extender? However the ones I see with an Ethernet port I don't know how to tell if the port if for input or output?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
Which extender are you looking at?
amazon.co.uk/Uni…der

I'd been looking at this one on Amazon, but open to suggestions.
If you've got a wired network point in your room, you're looking for the wrong thing. Look for access point instead, preferably one with a few network points on it so you can plug more wired devices into it.
As above, most WiFi routers can be set up as an additional access point by disabling dhcp, setting it's IP address to another one and connecting the ethernet network input to a socket other than wan.
This should save you a few pounds.
Ah cool, I have an old virgin router, will give it a go, assuming it doesn't matter even if I moved to sky?
Jmanizzle2 h, 1 m ago

Ah cool, I have an old virgin router, will give it a go, assuming it …Ah cool, I have an old virgin router, will give it a go, assuming it doesn't matter even if I moved to sky?

Should work fine unless it's a super hub 3 which didn't allow you to change the IP range last time I checked but could be different now.
Might be able to fix that though now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants