Wifi Homeplugs

Posted 13th NovEdited by:"Predikuesi"
Is there anything better than those in the link? I need two extenders, as with the BT ones, but I wondering if there is anything better from a reliable brand.
Thanks for any advice.

amazon.co.uk/BT-…FAV
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I've got an extender but it literally does nothing waste of money
I’ve got those BT discs and they’ve been superb not one dropout or problem in over a year. Before them I tried so many extenders some hard wired some wireless and all pretty useless though not tried those BT ones in link
Raheel710213/11/2019 20:05

I've got an extender but it literally does nothing waste of money

I have a Netgear wifi extender and it works ok, but one of my printers wont connect to it. I like the idea of going through the house wiring like the old ethernet homeplugs. Because we've converted our garage, I'd like to get a signal in there and in the shed.
toonsquirel13/11/2019 20:08

I’ve got those BT discs and they’ve been superb not one dropout or problem …I’ve got those BT discs and they’ve been superb not one dropout or problem in over a year. Before them I tried so many extenders some hard wired some wireless and all pretty useless though not tried those BT ones in link

Do these extend from each other or the main disc? I.e. does disc 3 extend from disc 2?
i must be very lucky - had wifi for years, same house, same isp. my old netgear router on ADSL worked fine all around the house - even down to the garden. its a 60s bog-standard semi which we extended. printer is the furthest device from the router - works fine.
went over to FTTC recently - isp supplied router/modem and once more coverage across the house is fine'
I have been hearing good reports of these - even though i dont need them

amazon.co.uk/eer…-18
Predikuesi13/11/2019 20:23

Do these extend from each other or the main disc? I.e. does disc 3 extend …Do these extend from each other or the main disc? I.e. does disc 3 extend from disc 2?

There’s an app that finds you the perfect spot in the house but they don’t use your main router they only use themselves. We use our main router for the things close that never move like then tv.
How about changing your actual sockets? If you have a double socket already, just replace it with something like this?

Double Plug Socket WiFi Extender
ncd14/11/2019 09:33

How about changing your actual sockets? If you have a double socket …How about changing your actual sockets? If you have a double socket already, just replace it with something like this? Double Plug Socket WiFi Extender

I doubt they would do any better than the WiFi extenders I have. Both BT and NETGEAR extenders struggle at the further point in my house. I might just extend the telephone cable to a more central position.
Thanks for the link.
Predikuesi14/11/2019 11:12

I doubt they would do any better than the WiFi extenders I have. Both BT …I doubt they would do any better than the WiFi extenders I have. Both BT and NETGEAR extenders struggle at the further point in my house. I might just extend the telephone cable to a more central position. Thanks for the link.

No worries, they are not so much 'better' just less bulky than the plug in extender things. Hope you get it sorted though
A mesh system with a wired backbone with powerline adapters is what I would recommend, but it will cost more then you probably want to spend if you are looking in the extender price range.

I would definitely go mesh (the tendas get favorable reviews as does the BT system) and then if it still struggles purchase some powerlines to wire the backbone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions