Found 12th Oct 2010
are there any sort of plugs that can connect to your wifi and you can turn them off or on from anywhere u can get internet

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

you can get wifi/ethernet powerline mains plugs that attatch to 240v mains power sockets, but tbh there a cheap waste of money.

Original Poster

link to any?

Homeplugs areawesome, I highly recommend them! We use them in our house and it's way more reliable than wireless (Xbox and PC are connected by them).

Just search on Amazon for homeplugs, find a set

Original Poster

no not homeplugs like an extension that connects to ur wifi so u can remotley turn the plug on and off

Turn what plug on and off?

I see, I'll go to bed now then

Why don't you just use an extension lead with individual switches? Then turn off whatever, whenever.

Oooh remotely? Haven't the foggiest. I'm out!

Edited by: "DragonChris" 12th Oct 2010

Why not, instead of using your wifi, you just use a remote and buy these?:

hotukdeals.com/dea…824

Lost Symphonies

Why not, instead of using your wifi, you just use a remote and buy … Why not, instead of using your wifi, you just use a remote and buy these?:http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/remote-controlled-socket-1-99-each-/775824

Because the range on a remote is a little bit less than the internet?

do u mean access your home wireless router remotely eg. at/from work to turn off your home wifi??

or do u mean the things in post #7

I read op as
can I turn my tv / lamp / whatever... off via internet if i get some sort of IP sockets...

Original Poster

yes thats what i mean thanks for wording it better damnome

Original Poster

never mind found it

DrWeeden

never mind found it

Share the link

Original Poster

Original Poster

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?12
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769651
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35114

See more discussions