WiFi printer

Posted 21st Jan
Recommendations for an all in one WiFi printer preferably one that doesn’t cost the earth in inkcompatible with Apple and that doesn’t need a laptop or computer for initial setup as I don’t have one or access to one , I print something once in a blue moon usually an A4B & W document I use the printer mainly as a photocopier I was using my very old Epson DX 7450 but it’s stops feeding paper. Also was using the flatbed scanner to scan photos before my laptop died.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I've usually found brother and Epson have the cheapest inks compatible off ebay but it's VERY model specific.... Using a brother at the moment over WiFi is quite easy through their app too
I had an Epson xp-245 that I recently replaced for a better photo printer. I couldn’t complain with the 245it cost me about 35 quid new and the inks were £8 for a full set off amazon. The print quality was very good for the price
I’ve got HP one with the ink saver deal they have,m wifi and prints from any device once connected, mine cost around £35
Douglas_Birks21/01/2020 19:53

I've usually found brother and Epson have the cheapest inks compatible off …I've usually found brother and Epson have the cheapest inks compatible off ebay but it's VERY model specific.... Using a brother at the moment over WiFi is quite easy through their app too

I thought Epson & Hp had both successfully blocked compatible cartridges? That’s why I carried on with my DX 7450 it was fine as a photocopier and I could get a full set of inks for £8 but it’s no good now it won’t accept paper, it wasn’t the greatest colour photo printer ever didn’t need it for that, came in handy when I needed to copy a letter or form though.
BB7821/01/2020 20:30

I thought Epson & Hp had both successfully blocked compatible cartridges? …I thought Epson & Hp had both successfully blocked compatible cartridges? That’s why I carried on with my DX 7450 it was fine as a photocopier and I could get a full set of inks for £8 but it’s no good now it won’t accept paper, it wasn’t the greatest colour photo printer ever didn’t need it for that, came in handy when I needed to copy a letter or form though.

I didn't know that..... Well that's epsons models sales plummeting over the next few years then
BB7821/01/2020 20:30

...I print something once in a blue moon usually an A4B & W document I use …...I print something once in a blue moon usually an A4B & W document I use the printer mainly as a photocopier

The obvious ink solution is the HP Instant Ink ongoing freebie 15pages/m option. Instant ink is available on vast majority of HPs all-in-one wifi printers, even the £29 delivered models such as 2630 amazon.co.uk/dp/…7H/ (no need to use the two months II suplied with the printer, just go straight to the 15ppm freebie option at instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/…/l/ ).
Reasonably sure that model has WPS button so no need for PC setup. Print from mobile device, even via email. Equally reasonably sure copying does not require PC.
deleted2426366
I’d definitely recommend you get a HP printer with an instant ink plan.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions