Found 12th Oct 2016
Helping a friend to setup their kitchen wifi. They sometimes have guests over (upto 5-10 people) who might check the wifi on their phone at the same time (nothing too heavy). Now the ethernet connection is about 50MB down and 10MB up. Just looking at a wifi router for them. Is there going to be much difference in performance, between the N300, N450, AC750 or AC1750? They seems to be priced quite differently.

Also they want to ideally allocate about 20MB bandwidth to the kitchen - keeping the full bandwidth to the office (the other room). Is that possible easily? At the moment they're connecting to the powerline adapters. This is very slow - hence suggesting a dedicated access point (router).

amazon.co.uk/TP-…-fi

Would be grateful for some tips!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

powerline adapters very slow? that doesn't seem right. In my experience they are much more reliable than wifi. You could buy a router but don't they have one already from their broadband company? If it's just the wifi doesn't reach the kitchen a wifi extender attached to a powerline adapter should do the trick

Pretty sure you can get routers these days that have a 'guest' mode so you can limit the downloads

badasschris

powerline adapters very slow? that doesn't seem right. In my experience … powerline adapters very slow? that doesn't seem right. In my experience they are much more reliable than wifi. You could buy a router but don't they have one already from their broadband company? If it's just the wifi doesn't reach the kitchen a wifi extender attached to a powerline adapter should do the trick

I agree. We recently bought devil powering adapter from John Lewis. Works very well.
johnlewis.com/dev…217
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974
    3. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…11
    4. Misco about to go into administration913

See more discussions