Wifi range extender/booster

Found 13th MarEdited by:"jay_leeds"
Hi can someone recommend me a decent range extender from this link at Argos, anything around £20 is fine. there's so many at a similar price point and i don't know the difference between them. only need it as signal gets weak on our 3rd floor.

argos.co.uk/sea…er/

Thank you in advanced.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
They are all crap at that price none are dual band. I recommend you get one that has "wireless ac"

amazon.co.uk/gp/…all
Edited by: "jb66" 13th Mar
is there anywhere else that sells wireless ac at around £20

and what does ac mean as i think i only need a basic spec one.

thanks
Edited by: "jay_leeds" 13th Mar
Amazon has a used like new one at 23.

Wireless AC is the latest Wi-Fi standard. It's worth spending a few quid more to get a repeater that can pass a faster Wi-Fi signal
Edited by: "jb66" 13th Mar
argos.co.uk/pro…JUN

is this one you posted good? i have to drive around 20 miles to get it.
There are lots of trade-offs involved in range extenders so make sure you have realistic expectations, and read the instructions on where to place them.

If by weak you mean slow then don't expect much of a boost in speed, but if you're getting an intermittent signal then they could provide a more solid (but slow) connection.
It's good value for the price. Amazon will deliver for free to save you the drive
EndlessWaves2 h, 0 m ago

There are lots of trade-offs involved in range extenders so make sure you …There are lots of trade-offs involved in range extenders so make sure you have realistic expectations, and read the instructions on where to place them.If by weak you mean slow then don't expect much of a boost in speed, but if you're getting an intermittent signal then they could provide a more solid (but slow) connection.

The speed is ok but the signal is weak on the 3rd floor so just want to boost the signal strength that's all i need one for.
If you want great WiFi signal take a look at google WiFi or bt WiFi these are mesh routers and don’t suffer from repeater lag. They cost a lot more but well worth it and can be setup in minutes.
Home plugs with an old router plugged into one of them.
unixetc.co.uk/201…nt/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions