Groups

WiFi Super G help

I have recently upgraded the wifi card on my PB EasyNote BG45-U-300 to a

GIGABYTE GN-WI07HT-RH miniPCI EXPRESS Wireless card - Atheros Super AG 108 Mpbs AR5006 mini PCI-E, mPCIe

http://www.oxfordtec.com/uk/MiniPCI-EXPRESS-Wireless/c42/p145/GIGABYTE-GN-WI07HT-RH-miniPCI-EXPRESS-Wireless-card—Atheros-Super-AG-108-Mpbs-AR5006-mini-PCI-E,-mPCIe-adapter/product_info.html

Which should now run at 108Mbps, we do have a minor niggle though as the 108 speed only comes on when required due to increased traffic flow, however it is not always very quick to change from 54 to 108 and video can be jumpy when streamed from my SC440 in the loft if the speed stays at 54Mbps ( watching the status monitor in the background)

I am connecting to a Netgear DG834GT which is 108Mbps enabled

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Gigabyte web page and installed but windows has since upgraded this again during an update (it shows the driver version as 7.7.0.384)
    My Netgear is using firmware V1.02.19 and is WEP enabled as well as Access Control switched On.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to have the 108 speed always on?

Thanks in advance

M

7 Comments

If u go to the drivers properties page thru device manager there should be a section to set speed manually

Original Poster

maddogb;6694550

If u go to the drivers properties page thru device manager there should … If u go to the drivers properties page thru device manager there should be a section to set speed manually

Having a blonde moment, :oops: can you be a bit more specific please

M

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6704066

Not really to do with your question. But WEP is completely useless, can … Not really to do with your question. But WEP is completely useless, can be cracked in literally like 1 minute. And you shoulda got wireless N that's 300mbps.

i dont have the 3rd connection on this laptop required for a N-draft card

mcallim7;6703923

Having a blonde moment, :oops: can you be a bit more specific pleaseM

right click on my computer
    select properties from the menu
    go to hardware page, press device manager button
    open the network adapters section by clicking the plus sign
    select the wifi card in the list and press properties button
    there are all the settings look for the one that says speed or tx/rx rate

Original Poster

ok i go to the wifi card properties, but unable to see any settings for the speed.
    im on vista home basic if that makes a diffrence

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img4/1961/wifir.jpg

wow, seen a few cards but this is first u couldn't set speed manually
    does it install a wifi manager program?, sometimes u can do it through those but you have to tell windows not to manage the wifi, have a look on the install disk for this unit

Original Poster

there was meant to be a program but it never came up automaticly after instalation like the instructions said, and you dont get to see the file path like a lot of other software
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1217
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      3. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193

See more discussions