Wigan V The Premier League Champions

contains spoilers!!

13 Comments

Banned

lucky

LOL at needing a thread 'cos you beat a poor side.

Jus sayin

Original Poster

Just a quick post aimed to those hukders writing us off after a bad result result in the week, 5-0 up away to Wigan who beat Villa 2-0 at villa park on the opening game of the season. Owen also scored his first competitive goal for the club after coming on for the last half hour. With Vidic back in the side the defence looks much stronger and the goals coming from Rooney x 2, Berba, Owen and Nani.

good win !!!!

Original Poster

guv;6088034

luckyLOL at needing a thread 'cos you beat a poor side.Jus sayin

not sure when 5-0 has ever been called lucky before but whatever floats your boat!!

Banned

Cantona_7;6088048

Just a quick post aimed to those hukders writing us off after a bad … Just a quick post aimed to those hukders writing us off after a bad result result in the week, 5-0 up away to Wigan who beat Villa 2-0 at villa park on the opening game of the season. Owen also scored his first competitive goal for the club after coming on for the last half hour. With Vidic back in the side the defence looks much stronger and the goals coming from Rooney x 2, Berba, Owen and Nani.

United were never going to struggle against sides like Wigan with inexperienced managers who try to play 'open' football.

It's against the teams like Burnley who keep it a little tighter....the types of games that United usually won with Ronaldo getting the first goal.

FilthAndFurry;6088094

United were never going to struggle against sides like Wigan with … United were never going to struggle against sides like Wigan with inexperienced managers who try to play 'open' football.It's against the teams like Burnley who keep it a little tighter....the types of games that United usually won with Ronaldo getting the first goal.

+1

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6088094

United were never going to struggle against sides like Wigan with … United were never going to struggle against sides like Wigan with inexperienced managers who try to play 'open' football.It's against the teams like Burnley who keep it a little tighter....the types of games that United usually won with Ronaldo getting the first goal.

Wigan showed against Villa on the opening day they can be tough to beat on their day. Anyone who can beat Villa 2-0 at their home ground have done something right. Im not saying we dont miss Ronaldo and never have as he is the worlds best, but we can still have good season without him. Winning 5-0 away from home against any premier league side is a decent result so was just pointing this out as many were quick to put us down mid week

Banned

Cantona_7;6088138

Wigan showed against Villa on the opening day they can be tough to beat … Wigan showed against Villa on the opening day they can be tough to beat on their day. Anyone who can beat Villa 2-0 at their home ground have done something right. Im not saying we dont miss Ronaldo and never have as he is the worlds best, but we can still have good season without him. Winning 5-0 away from home against any premier league side is a decent result so was just pointing this out as many were quick to put us down mid week

Partly - but it mainly showed how poor Villa are going to be this season.

Banned

Cantona_7;6088064

not sure when 5-0 has ever been called lucky before but whatever floats … not sure when 5-0 has ever been called lucky before but whatever floats your boat!!

Until you got the first goal (which was relatvely late), there was nothing between the sides.

PS... You're still below Spurs in the table. Should I start a new thread?

Cantona_7;6088048

Just a quick post aimed to those hukders writing us off after a bad … Just a quick post aimed to those hukders writing us off after a bad result result in the week, 5-0 up away to Wigan who beat Villa 2-0 at villa park on the opening game of the season. Owen also scored his first competitive goal for the club after coming on for the last half hour. With Vidic back in the side the defence looks much stronger and the goals coming from Rooney x 2, Berba, Owen and Nani.

Great game, A little frustrated with 1st half, However Wigan's players looked like making errors, We really should of been 2-0 up at half time, 2nd half was class, Once Rooney scored = game over.

Great that Berba and Owen are off the mark, Got to say Nani is looking very good although still room for improvement, His pass to Owen for his goal was class.

Also Nani's free kick bought back some good memory's, Great to see Vidic back, Like he's never been away...!!!.

Fletcher deserves a mention.

Original Poster

guv;6088187

Until you got the first goal (which was relatvely late), there was … Until you got the first goal (which was relatvely late), there was nothing between the sides.PS... You're still below Spurs in the table. Should I start a new thread?

lol make whatever thread you like bud!! I am not one for making threads celebrating my team (even though i could have made many over the past 3 seasons) but after several threads were made slating us during mid week for a bad performance i thought i should make one to support my team after a great comeback today!!
As for your team I for one think harry has done an awesome job since coming to Spurs!! This time last year you were rock bottom and now you are performing like a team who should definately finish in europe and be pushing for a champions league spot imo.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6088176

poor maybe but you cant tell me they wont finish in the top half of the table, in which case beating them away was a good performance by Wigan :thumbsup:

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6088176

Thought i needed to bump this comment after a 3-1 away win against Liverpool!! Looks like i was right on this one :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2640
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions