Groups

Wii 2 to be unveiled at E3

not a lot of details, but would explain the sub £100 prices for the current version

link in 1st post

34 Comments

Rumors suggest controller will have a touch screen:

Your text here

Supermod

This is REALLY exciting news. The touch screen controller could be revolutionary. My guess is that it will link up with something like a 3DS to offer "more".

magicjay1986

This is REALLY exciting news. The touch screen controller could be … This is REALLY exciting news. The touch screen controller could be revolutionary. My guess is that it will link up with something like a 3DS to offer "more".

It seems gimmicky at the moment for me. Hopefully they can apply it appropriately unlike the recent NGP's underneath touch pad.

Supermod

Met-Cast

It seems gimmicky at the moment for me. Hopefully they can apply it … It seems gimmicky at the moment for me. Hopefully they can apply it appropriately unlike the recent NGP's underneath touch pad.

I am sure the same was said about the Wii and the motion controller when it was first announced. If this console is not innovative then I will be incredibly surprised. Nintendo know how to capture a market.

Yeah by not making enough, Then everyone wants one because they are hard to get hold of.

Play them once, Then they just gather dust.

Banned

Ooh, a new Wii. I wonder what new ways this will gather dust in.

In b4 'wow a new Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Mario Kart/Mario Tennis/Donkey Kong'.

Supermod

E3 will be very interesting.

Supermod

shauneco

Yeah by not making enough, Then everyone wants one because they are hard … Yeah by not making enough, Then everyone wants one because they are hard to get hold of.Play them once, Then they just gather dust.

FilthAndFurry

Ooh, a new Wii. I wonder what new ways this will gather dust in.In b4 … Ooh, a new Wii. I wonder what new ways this will gather dust in.In b4 'wow a new Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Mario Kart/Mario Tennis/Donkey Kong'.

Not every Wii is played once and left to gather dust. Mine is played weekly. Not a bad return for something that cost £170 3 years ago...

Most people I know hardly ever play their Wii.

Apparently rockstar are developing an exclusive title for it, could be interesting

FilthAndFurry

Ooh, a new Wii. I wonder what new ways this will gather dust in.In b4 … Ooh, a new Wii. I wonder what new ways this will gather dust in.In b4 'wow a new Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Mario Kart/Mario Tennis/Donkey Kong'.

totally agree, nintendo love creating new hardware for one season of their most popular games then start all over again.

still, i made a lot of cash in the 1st xmas due to buying wii's in the stock checkers, then reselling them for at least double.

Supermod

sancho1983

Apparently rockstar are developing an exclusive title for it, could be … Apparently rockstar are developing an exclusive title for it, could be interesting

Grand Theft Auto V if the rumours are correct.

magicjay1986

LOL that would never happen, very bad idea.

Banned

magicjay1986

The Wii 2 might get a port of it (with a gimmicky add-on) but it's not going to be exclusive.

Supermod

I missed the part in your post about it being "exclusive". As has been said, never will GTA be exclusive.

poor old zelda.. getting lumbered with motion controls... oh how good it used to be, was twilight princess the end?

shame there was no special sword to get in it...

lots of unbelievers it this thread, come on guys have some faith!

I have lost a lot of love for Nintendo, the new strategy is make em cheap, sell em quick and replace them fast, well hopefully the next console can challenge the ps3 and xbox for graphics at least.

jocksteeluk

I have lost a lot of love for Nintendo, the new strategy is make em … I have lost a lot of love for Nintendo, the new strategy is make em cheap, sell em quick and replace them fast, well hopefully the next console can challenge the ps3 and xbox for graphics at least.

Struggle to see a massive problem with that philosophy?

The reason most 'hardcore' gamers don't like the Wii is due to the lack of games, as F+F said, apart from mario/kart/zelda/metroid etc. there's basically been no good games, lots of crappy third party 'party' games. Having a major developer like Rockstar on board from the out is a good sign.

Adding a DVD drive must be the first thing?

Banned

jocksteeluk

I have lost a lot of love for Nintendo, the new strategy is make em … I have lost a lot of love for Nintendo, the new strategy is make em cheap, sell em quick and replace them fast, well hopefully the next console can challenge the ps3 and xbox for graphics at least.

Bit harsh, 5+ years is a decent lifespan for a console. It's only with MS and Sony changing the boundaries with this generation that we're seeing a much longer lifespan.

Undervaluing the importance of Nintendo in the gaming world just shows ignorance.

gta on a nintendo? you mean Grand Theft auto? The game where you can shoot a hookers head off from 200 yards then nick her money and kick her headless corpse whilst looking up her skirt? Mamma mia!
    http://www.wiinintendo.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/RJD8GM3S.jpg

Supermod

jocksteeluk

...5 years is a relatively long time to release a new home console. Especially considering their advancements with what they have done in the past.

I am incredibly excited. I just wish they had spent more time making a decent launch catalogue for the 3DS. Street Fighter is very expensive at the moment as I am not interested in anything else on the market.

master_chief

Bit harsh, 5+ years is a decent lifespan for a console. It's only with MS … Bit harsh, 5+ years is a decent lifespan for a console. It's only with MS and Sony changing the boundaries with this generation that we're seeing a much longer lifespan.Undervaluing the importance of Nintendo in the gaming world just shows ignorance.

PS2 11 Years? Not really changing the boundaries.

I thought you don't care aslong as it's not Microsoft.

I have faith that Nintendo will come up with a serious contender for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Banned

Met-Cast

PS2 11 Years? Not really changing the boundaries.I thought you don't care … PS2 11 Years? Not really changing the boundaries.I thought you don't care aslong as it's not Microsoft.I have faith that Nintendo will come up with a serious contender for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

We're talking time between consoles aren't we??

Just googled the news for gta on the new wii and I'd like to correct the above statement.

A game where you can shoot a princesses flower pot with rainbow dust then collect her stars whilst fixing her pipework and looking at her red koopa?

Mamma mia!

master_chief

We're talking time between consoles aren't we??

My bad I always thought lifespan meant:
    the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short lifespan"; "he lived a long and happy life".

Banned

dcx_badass

I love my Wii it's fantastic and it does it's job ans unlike the ps3/360 … I love my Wii it's fantastic and it does it's job ans unlike the ps3/360 it doesn't try and pretend it's awesome when it's out of date crap, 'HD' consoles when all they really do in nearly all cases is upscale. Nintendo once again changed gaming with motion control leaving the rest to play catch-up years latee.

Yes, I don't know how I coped with playing GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K11 et al without waggling a 'motion controller'.

Here's hoping that if they do try 'motion controls' they look at the Kinect for how to to do it properly.

Banned

Met-Cast

My bad I always thought lifespan meant:the period during which something … My bad I always thought lifespan meant:the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short lifespan"; "he lived a long and happy life".

Ok well all consoles have a very long lifespan then, I stand corrected. The megadrive I have had since 92 still going so it's only fair to say the MD had a 20+ year lifespan.

The Wii will last at least 50 years I reckon so bit unfair to suggest Nintendo have a replace them quick policy too...

Supermod

Nintendo need to sort out their online functionality. The Wii is appalling for this.

master_chief

Ok well all consoles have a very long lifespan then, I stand corrected. … Ok well all consoles have a very long lifespan then, I stand corrected. The megadrive I have had since 92 still going so it's only fair to say the MD had a 20+ year lifespan.The Wii will last at least 50 years I reckon so bit unfair to suggest Nintendo have a replace them quick policy too...

That's better.

If only Nintendo had a gimmicky GTA game for the DS that works...

Oh wait... GTA Chinatown Wars.

Edited by: "thesaint" 25th Apr 2011

master_chief

Ok well all consoles have a very long lifespan then, I stand corrected. … Ok well all consoles have a very long lifespan then, I stand corrected. The megadrive I have had since 92 still going so it's only fair to say the MD had a 20+ year lifespan.The Wii will last at least 50 years I reckon so bit unfair to suggest Nintendo have a replace them quick policy too...

Theirs a new DS out virtually every other week...!!!

I work all day, I like to be able to ***ing sit down and play games with a standard controller, not jump around like a deranged monkey, waving remotes in the air, inadvertently beating my kids up with nunchucks and shaking controllers as if im stroking one out of a giant.

so for me....wii,move & kinect can all jump off a cliff.

Now, a controller lodged in my brain so i wouldnt have to move my thumbs, yes please!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4502110
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35194
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions