Groups

wii connections

thinking of buying wii, jus wanted to know how it connects to tv. is it thru a scart ( is that what its called the big black thingy) or through the red/yellow/white wires? thanks!!

6 Comments

Either will do.

Original Poster

thanks for that... as its a 50inch tele thats wall mounted... dont wana be pulling it off brackets. rep given

No worries, you're welcome.

You might want to seek a bit more advice on whether you get a better picture/sound using either the scart or the red/yell/white leads.
    I can't tell you that as our television is rather antiquated

I didnt notice any difference on my 37 " hd lcd via scart or the red/yell/white
    Nore did my friend when he got a hd cable for his Wii.

faiza1;1700697

thanks for that... as its a 50inch tele thats wall mounted... dont wana … thanks for that... as its a 50inch tele thats wall mounted... dont wana be pulling it off brackets. rep given

As you have a 50inch on the wall, I'm guessing its quite a nice spec TV. In that case, you may want to get a component cable for a much better picture. This is the cable with red/white/yellow/green and blue.

play.com/Gam…WII)

Most newer teles are capable of displaying through both types of connections. tou will just have to connect through the right av channel on your remote.

Also game shop sell a connector for 99p which fits to a standard co-axial socket, just as older consoles did
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions