Groups

wii console - my 2 year old has put something in the disc drive!

tried to take the facia off but in need of a triwing screwdriver. even when i come across one, what are the odds of getting the object out without ruining the disc drive? wii rattles when i shake it like there's a coin in there or something.......

12 Comments

There is a little hole on the facia, push a bent paperclip into it, and the tray will open.

Predikuesi;4172530

There is a little hole on the facia, push a bent paperclip into it, and … There is a little hole on the facia, push a bent paperclip into it, and the tray will open.

On a wii? They are slot load - there isn't a tray?

Do you know what the mystery object is? I reckon a coin should be fixable, touch wood!
    ]
    Deal extreme
    sell the triwing screwdrivers but delivery will take a while...

Put the 2 year old in as well and tell them they aren't allowed out until they pass the offending object back.

jah128;4172541

On a wii? They are slot load - there isn't a tray?

Sorry didn't know that, don't own a Wii. Presumed that it would have a tray.

So problems then!

If the object is made of metal a powerful magnet would work (no don't really try it). Try tweezers?

maplin sell security screwdriver sets if u wanted to pick 1 up today/tomoz

Banned

At least it's not jam lol or

Serious head on for a sec

Please buy them plug socket covers as young un's could out things in the sockets and cause an electricution and u could warrant a trip by social services etc

Banjo String;4172939

At least it's not jam lol or Serious head on for a secPlease buy them … At least it's not jam lol or Serious head on for a secPlease buy them plug socket covers as young un's could out things in the sockets and cause an electricution and u could warrant a trip by social services etc

What on earth has that got to do with something being jammed in the disk drive? :?

Banned

Yep your going to need a triwing screwdriver and take it apart, best make sure its off and unplugged until you get it sorted.

This might help you ]http//uk…Zn4

abacus;4174582

This might help you ]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V3eiXTlSZn4

After watching that I think I would stick a thin piece of cardboard into the slot and turn the box on its side and back onto it's other side. Try to catch the coin on the card, just like fishing your pennies out of your piggy bank....

All @ your own risk of course.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

hey guys, coin retrieved. frickin 1p! used tweezers. in full working order too. the kids are playing bowling on it. x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button79
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40211
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423514459
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851340

See more discussions