Groups

Wii D2C chips now moddable!

thought i let you now that the D2Ckey has been released and should reach these shores by the end of the month.

It currently costs about £37 and has approx 29 wires to solder!!!! my guess is people will charge about £40 to do the job bring the total cost of chipping to about £77.

i am personally going to wait a bit until they release a more advanced version which doesn't have 29 solder points!!!

I cant afford the £77 at the moment. :-(

14 Comments

Why would you need / want to modify your games console?

pirate games

alternate

pirate games

Why would you do such a thing? If you can afford to buy a games console surely you can afford to buy the games. If not rent them. Modifying console to play pirate games is totally wrong.

Playing pirated games is the same thing as going into a store and stealing the game.

Banned

qazim

Why would you do such a thing? If you can afford to buy a games console … Why would you do such a thing? If you can afford to buy a games console surely you can afford to buy the games. If not rent them. Modifying console to play pirate games is totally wrong. Playing pirated games is the same thing as going into a store and stealing the game.

There are numerous reasons to Mod a console - and yes, play copies (even ones you own to save damaging them) is one of them.

I'm surprised you haven't reported this post, like you normally do. (Or have you and edited it?)

guv

There are numerous reasons to Mod a console - and yes, play copies (even … There are numerous reasons to Mod a console - and yes, play copies (even ones you own to save damaging them) is one of them.I'm surprised you haven't reported this post, like you normally do. (Or have you and edited it?)

Modifying a games console in the United Kingdom to play copied games is illegal. How many posts have a reported? 1 or 2. So I dont know where you got "normally do." from

Banned

qazim

Modifying a games console in the United Kingdom to play copied games is … Modifying a games console in the United Kingdom to play copied games is illegal.

Modifying a games console is NOT illegal and the original poster didnt suggest you play illegal copies either.

How many posts have a reported? 1 or 2. So I dont know where you got … How many posts have a reported? 1 or 2. So I dont know where you got "normally do." from

Just a hunch, the fact I've seen you do so and the fact you keep going on about Piracy.

guv

Just a hunch, the fact I've seen you do so and the fact you keep going on … Just a hunch, the fact I've seen you do so and the fact you keep going on about Piracy.

I said it in about 2 posts so where did you get the idea about I "keep going on"?

Banned

qazim

I said it in about 2 posts so where did you get the idea about I "keep … I said it in about 2 posts so where did you get the idea about I "keep going on"?

Er, youve said it 2 different threads in the past 5 minutes for starters!

qazim, just leave it. Nobody was saying "hey, lets steal games!" until you brought the subject up and people can talk about modding consoles if they want to. It's NOT illegal.

Can we not just leave this thread as been imformative news for people who have a "new" wii.

instead of making it in to an arguement about piracy... It is up to the individual what they want to do with there own hardware.

guv

Modifying a games console is NOT illegal and the original poster didnt … Modifying a games console is NOT illegal and the original poster didnt suggest you play illegal copies either.

Modifying a console in the UK was ruled illegal several years ago. Think it's still allowed in Australia though as it's viewed as anti-competitive, thus restricting the places/regions you can buy games.

Well said ]fwibble

Banned

JonnoC

qazim, just leave it. Nobody was saying "hey, lets steal games!" until … qazim, just leave it. Nobody was saying "hey, lets steal games!" until you brought the subject up and people can talk about modding consoles if they want to. It's NOT illegal.

Pretty much like a few days ago......

hotukdeals.com/for…117

Ahaa, pathetic.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1526
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1015
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32171
      4. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger78

See more discussions