Expired

Wii game -present help pls

Found 11th Oct 2007
Was thinking of getting my husband a Wii game for his birthday next week (oh just thinking are there any more postal strikes planned?)

He loves the Wii sports, esp the tennis one. He did mention that he would like a game were you can swish the wiimote around like a lunatic:giggle:

Any suggestions / ideas:?:

(this ones for me...anyone got the brunswick bowling game? was thinking of getting that one for myself)

Thanks a lot :-D

20 Comments

It already gone my partners b'day but I was going buy him the new Tiger Woods 08 for Wii,he already got 07 and wanted the new one but I'm behind with ordering,when I was about to order the postal strikes were about to start but I do need get it ordered.I was going order it from Amazon only cos I got £15 eVoucher thingy but a few places did have it a £1 or so cheaper.

uk.gamestracker.com/buy…htm

Another game which you swish the remote around like a lunatic as you put it,is Red Steel however we did have that and my partner started playing it and didn't like it.It was like you had a sword,I wasn't really watching when he played.
I think there was meant to be a Tennis game out on Wii which he also wanted but I think something happened with production cos I don't think it ever got released in end and was due out in August.

Raving Rabbids would fit the bill perfectly.
Plenty of swishing around in that one, especially the swinging the cow round your head (hammer style).

Wouldn't mind finding out a bit more about the Brunswick bowling game either, can it be so far removed from the Wii Sports version to justify the outlay?

amazon.co.uk/Car…8-1

I think this might be ok too may consider getting it,I'm sure my children would like it too if we didn't.

Original Poster

Thanks! I will have a look at those games.

:-D

Steer clear of Brunswick Bowling.
It's a terrible game by all accounts and not a patch on the Sports version included with the Wii.

Carnival game looks interesting though. Might get that for Crimbo.:santa:

Please buy Wario Ware for the Wii. An enjoyable game, especially multiplayer. I play it a lot with my girlfriend.

It involves fast and furious minigames, which need to be completed in the time of a few seconds.

Here's a video of the game, from yonks ago.

]http//ww…NMA

You could try CeX, I got mine from there for quite cheap even when it had just came out.

Warioware is good, and bonkers but can be finished very quickly.

Resident Evil is the best game for using the wiimote and Mumchuck. Lights off, cordless headphones and volume up.:w00t:

part2

Warioware is good, and bonkers but can be finished very quickly.Resident … Warioware is good, and bonkers but can be finished very quickly.Resident Evil is the best game for using the wiimote and Mumchuck. Lights off, cordless headphones and volume up.:w00t:

Pretty daft of me to forget about Resi Evil 4 for the Wii. If you can track it down for a good price, buy it without thought.

One of the best games I've EVER played, when I had it on on the Gamecube. Had to buy it for the Wii.

Yeh I want Resident Evil sometime for Wii unless its on PS3 as we bought 1 today.
Zelda another really good game for Wii,I think its 1 of the best ones available for Wii.

Mumchuck:oops: :giggle:

Original Poster

Bad Actor

Steer clear of Brunswick Bowling.It's a terrible game by all accounts and … Steer clear of Brunswick Bowling.It's a terrible game by all accounts and not a patch on the Sports version included with the Wii.

thanks for that, will give it a miss then.

Original Poster

thanks again for the suggestions....still confused:oops: :giggle:

He will absolutely love Wario Ware, no doubt. It's one of the best games out on the Wii, and it should be fairly cheap now!

Lots of different things to do that use all your energy like dancing, being a samurai etc.

Smooth Moves was fun and requires a lot of frenetic activity - but it is better when played with others.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess is also a very good game and the swordfighting can get very swishy.

Original Poster

Really like the sound of Wario Ware. Anyone seen this instock and cheap enough? If you would post a link it would be great as I still can't get into a lot of the games sites in work.

Thanks a lot!!:friends:

JaimeC

Really like the sound of Wario Ware. Anyone seen this instock and cheap … Really like the sound of Wario Ware. Anyone seen this instock and cheap enough? If you would post a link it would be great as I still can't get into a lot of the games sites in work.Thanks a lot!!:friends:

Here's the cheapest I've found it for. Checked elsewhere, and it's a few quid more.

]http//ww…jsf

uk.gamestracker.com/

A site I always use to help compare prices of comp games.

no no wario ware is fun for a couple days then it collects dust. What you need to get is a game thats already been mentioned in this thread...Resident Evil 4!!!:w00t: I can just picture you're hubby now shooting all those zombies, slashing at them with his knife, throwing grenades and saving the presidents daughter!

Original Poster

:giggle: that give me a laugh.

See yous are all confusing me more now :giggle:

Thanks for the links and that games compare site, i have saved that in my favourites.

thanks again!!!

oli_dude

no no wario ware is fun for a couple days then it collects dust. What you … no no wario ware is fun for a couple days then it collects dust. What you need to get is a game thats already been mentioned in this thread...Resident Evil 4!!!:w00t: I can just picture you're hubby now shooting all those zombies, slashing at them with his knife, throwing grenades and saving the presidents daughter!

Will have to disagree there. Had the game since it came out, still play it frequently with the lady and friends. It's a superb multiplayer at parties, especially. It's fun and frantic, and you only need one Wii-mote for it too.

But, if you want a game specifically for him, then yes, Resi Evil 4 would definitely be the game to get. If you can find it, that is. I had major troubles finding the Wii edition.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. meaning of op56
    2. Mobile phone advice1014
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?918
    4. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?33

See more discussions