Found 21st Apr 2008
So I've got an empty Wii case and I'm looking for more than just spray painting it.
I was thinking about getting mini Lightsaber that light up to put on each side but I've gone off that idea.

Also thought of getting a NES controller and doing something with that, but the illustrator results are looking awful

Anyone got any ideas? No zelda

18 Comments

Original Poster

fubarphill;1937569

have you seen these?http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,233.htm

I've seen them a few times yeah but I'm looking to spray paint it myself :thumbsup:

Banned

get some USB neons, paint it metalic black stick neons in

Original Poster

I would like to do something like this: decalgirl.com/bro…htm
but my airbrush skills are less than brilliant

Original Poster

ODB_69;1937585

get some USB neons, paint it metalic black stick neons in

I was thinking about black, but I'm wanting more than just a base colour

Banned

nacider;1937596

I was thinking about black, but I'm wanting more than just a base colour

Yeah but if you get a metallic black and stick neons in, the light will shine off the coat. Maybe if you mixed the colours up eg Blue & Red the light would blend on the surface

Original Poster

So far I'm changing the DVD slot to green and spray painting it black
divineo.co.uk/cgi…teg

nacider;1937850

So far I'm changing the DVD slot to green and spray painting it black … So far I'm changing the DVD slot to green and spray painting it black http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/wii-gateg

Interesting idea i am doing it as well but wasnt sure of green or red

How much do divineo charge for shipping that item? If its more than 2.64 then there isa seller on ebay who sells the green and red gates for 4.99 plus 1.60 shipping and a uk seller

item number 350051081934 if that helps

Original Poster

nipperkipper;1937954

Interesting idea i am doing it as well but wasnt sure of green or redHow … Interesting idea i am doing it as well but wasnt sure of green or redHow much do divineo charge for shipping that item? If its more than 2.64 then there isa seller on ebay who sells the green and red gates for 4.99 plus 1.60 shipping and a uk selleritem number 350051081934 if that helps

Thanks for the link but I canceled my ebay ages ago so no chance of using that (fee's came to £25 :whistling:)
Gonna order the light later so I'll tell you total P&P might be getting other things too though. I was also thrown between red and green, but I love green so it had to be that, but sometimes red looks alot better with black (the new crimson DS for example)

Well i got bored and signed up just to find out the shipping cost and guess what - for one dvd gate its 2.65 - a whole 1p more expensive than ebay

might try and find other stuff i need from divineo now and see if i can save postage

I thought about green as well - but i have so many other green things that i thought i would do something different

Now if i was able to i would do this

http://www.wiinewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/metroid-wii-mod.png

But i wouldnt know where to start

Original Poster

nipperkipper;1938114

Now if i was able to i would do thisBut i wouldnt know where to start

you could always start from a premade case:
divineo.co.uk/cgi…tml (the link doesn't work, go to Tuning cases)
and then get bits and bobs from places. I was gonna go to Game Station cos they sell odds and ends like stickers - I could cut the stickers out and make a stencil from it.

I got the empty case from DealXtreme btw, it came here pretty quick considering it came from HK

nacider;1938156

you could always start from a premade … you could always start from a premade case:http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/search.html (the link doesn't work, go to Tuning cases)and then get bits and bobs from places. I was gonna go to Game Station cos they sell odds and ends like stickers - I could cut the stickers out and make a stencil from it.I got the empty case from DealXtreme btw, it came here pretty quick considering it came from HK

I guess when i finish my final year in june i might give it a go and make something individual cos i will have the time but it'll probably turn out awful

Interesting link for ebay - 130215048756

nice idea but a tad out of my price range

love the sound effects though - mario exiting through a pipe when you press the eject button is genius

Original Poster

nipperkipper;1938513

Interesting link for ebay - 130215048756nice idea but a tad out of my … Interesting link for ebay - 130215048756nice idea but a tad out of my price rangelove the sound effects though - mario exiting through a pipe when you press the eject button is genius

End price: £1,114.45 :roll:

I like that but I don't like the Mario figures much, they look really cheap.
Anyway I'm just back from getting supplies , I'm gonna start planning this later tonight then start the actual work tomorrow

nacider;1940647

End price: £1,114.45 :roll:I like that but I don't like the Mario figures … End price: £1,114.45 :roll:I like that but I don't like the Mario figures much, they look really cheap.Anyway I'm just back from getting supplies , I'm gonna start planning this later tonight then start the actual work tomorrow

Show us a picture when your done if you can - you never know if it goes well you can sell it for hundreds more:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Not all is going so well. I've been spray painting since this morning, left it outside to dry in. Next door neighbours scabby dogs came along and ruined it all. so now need to wait til it fully dries and sandpaper it down and re spray paint it, and PUT SOMETHING OVER THE TOP so the scabby dogs don't strike again

Any progress - hopefully the dog next door wasnt a problem this time
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…69
    2. Assassin's Creed Origins deals?11
    3. Has anyone truly cut the cord with their landline and gone to a 4G connecti…22
    4. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G813

See more discussions