WII NEO GAMMA HOMEBREW HELP please??

Found 5th Feb 2012
Son has been using the neo gamma for a couple of years without a problem. When you go to the wii menu it has always shown 'Homebrew channel' and 'neo-gamma backup'
He tried to use it the other day and 'Homebrew' has gone...and obv 'Neo gamma' isnt working.
I am NOT technical at all but if anyone has a quick easy solution or can tell me in simple terms whats happened i would appreciate it.

Thanks! x
Community Updates
MiscWii
30 Comments
if we click on neo gamma the screen goes black and we have to turn on andoff at the wall..
Can you get whoever softmodded it to have look at it?
greatest666

Can you get whoever softmodded it to have look at it?

no it was so long ago the guy has moved...
i wouldnt mind so much but he doesnt use it much just hes not going back til after half term and would be nice to get it sorted..i dont mind paying again if i can get it done x
What system version? How to check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-LIM_o_i4I

Maybe someone updated by accident and it's killed the softmod. Or maybe the SD card is corrupt..
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 5th Feb 2012
oldmanhouse

What system version? How to check: … What system version? How to check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-LIM_o_i4IMaybe someone updated by accident and it's killed the softmod. Or maybe the SD card is corrupt..

hi its version 4.3e

sd card?
no sd card??
plumberman01

hi its version 4.3esd card?

Was it 4.3e before the mod? I can probably fix it, shame you ain't local!
mikefellows

Was it 4.3e before the mod? I can probably fix it, shame you ain't local!

i dont know! its about 3yrs old and has never been connected to the internet..
so can it have been updated? (little fingers!) and would it have been 4.3 back then if not? im googling like mad and dont know what im on about tbh..im in warrington..
plumberman01

i dont know! its about 3yrs old and has never been connected to the … i dont know! its about 3yrs old and has never been connected to the internet..so can it have been updated? (little fingers!) and would it have been 4.3 back then if not? im googling like mad and dont know what im on about tbh..im in warrington..

I have a similar problem my nephew updated it to 4.3e by mistake and now no more homebrew channel, no idea how to get it back i think you have to softmod it again. It can also get updated if you play an original wii game if the game is a new release which requires an update, the update is already on the game disc.
Edited by: "killerboy32" 5th Feb 2012
plumberman01

i dont know! its about 3yrs old and has never been connected to the … i dont know! its about 3yrs old and has never been connected to the internet..so can it have been updated? (little fingers!) and would it have been 4.3 back then if not? im googling like mad and dont know what im on about tbh..im in warrington..

Can only be updated online (or from a new disc as above), 4.3e is relatively new so unlikely that when you got it. Sent you a pm.

dcx_badass

4.3 came out in September 2010.....Anyway, just re-softmod it, easy to … 4.3 came out in September 2010.....Anyway, just re-softmod it, easy to do. Modmii will do it and make you a guide.

i wouldnt know where to start! i have tried looking at how to do it but im an epic fail.
Siunds like he has ran an update off a game disc and it has overwritted the custom IOS files, Where are you based ?
ModMii is really easy to use and gives a step by step guide for modding all types of Wii;s, As yours is a 4.3 though you will probably need to use the letterbomb method unless you have a specific game e.g lego Indiana Jones (Original)
Sounds like he got a new game for christmas, put it in his Wii and the console gave a message "Game Update".
He then updated it, and... Bob's your uncle.

The amount of times people come back to me claiming ignorance, and then when I check the calendar on the console it tells me the truth.
i will look at it but im honestly one of these women who cant chew gum and walk

not a chance...i dont know what any of the terms mean and i will just break it completely.
Edited by: "plumberman01" 6th Feb 2012
ha now we know...thanks -it was a friend brought a game and it did say game update and i even recall them doing it..........i told you i was thick!

dcx_badass

All you have to do is read, it tells you exactly what to do, guess you … All you have to do is read, it tells you exactly what to do, guess you can just pay someone and stay lazy instead.

thats nasty you know? i wouldnt expect you to use a sewing machine but id offer to take your jeans up for you...and i wouldnt expect you to make cakes, but i can do them! my o/hs a plumber can you fix a boiler? neither of us can even begin to understand what to do..but dont say we are lazy!

btw i love him really xxx

Edited by: "plumberman01" 7th Feb 2012
Find out what the firmware of the Wii is.

Wii Options>Wii Settings
It will be in the right hand top corner.

It will be :Ver.4.3.E or 4.2 etc
thesaint

Find out what the firmware of the Wii is.Wii OptionsWii SettingsIt will … Find out what the firmware of the Wii is.Wii Options>Wii SettingsIt will be in the right hand top corner.It will be :Ver.4.3.E or 4.2 etc

hi we managed to do this...its 4.3e but its a lot older so we know it was an update caused it thanks to the help i have had.
Mike has offered if i post it he will have a look..i know someone local but he has internet problems at the moment. I dont mind paying if i can fix it as my son is off school after his operation and it would be nice to have it working xx
dcx_badass

I can sew and bake, both are easy. You don't have to understand anything, … I can sew and bake, both are easy. You don't have to understand anything, the most complex thing you have to do is copy and paste once, and then follow some instructions, that's it.

you still dont get it? copy and paste? my wii is by the tv and not connected to the internet..i dont have a memory card in it..i am computer illiterate. Im sorry if i am being really thick but i genuinely dont know what to do!
plumberman01

I dont mind paying if i can fix it as my son is off school after his … I dont mind paying if i can fix it as my son is off school after his operation and it would be nice to have it working xx

Ask the person local to you if he uses a game(Lego Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones) etc to do Wii's that are on 4.3.

If he does them regularly, he should have the files already saved, and has no need to connect to the internet anyway.

If he doesn't, then I can send you a memory card for him to do it.

Paying to post the Wii, is costly and unnecassary.

There is a way without the Lego game, but I am yet to do it.
well i dont have an sd card in the wii...do i just use any sd card? i have one from the amazon deal 4gb?

im sure the local guy doesnt have the game he just knows what to do as he doesnt do it regularly just for himself and mates.

If either of you can help me without me posting it off obv that would be great. I dont know how to find the MAC address dcx and if saint can send a memory card i can transfer files with im happy to give either suggestion a go! obv the sooner i can do it the better. Happy to cover all costs obv!
Thanks both of you xx
If you can find out for definite whether he has one of the games I mentioned, then it would make it easier for me to help you, otherwise, I would need to send the game as well.

thesaint

If you can find out for definite whether he has one of the games I … If you can find out for definite whether he has one of the games I mentioned, then it would make it easier for me to help you, otherwise, I would need to send the game as well.

ok will find out, email him now x
dcx_badass

Letterbomb is easy, just an extra file you add to the SD card, just need … Letterbomb is easy, just an extra file you add to the SD card, just need to know the machines MAC address.

My wii was also updated accidentally to 4.3 but neogamma, snes9x etc are still usable from the wii menu, however homebrew channel has disappeared what would you recommend I do?? Would it be best to softmod it again from scratch?
dcx_badass

Yeah easiest to do it from scratch (shouldn't need to remove the old one … Yeah easiest to do it from scratch (shouldn't need to remove the old one first).I would get modmii (I linked to it on the previous page), and when you run it, it will ask you a series of questions then make you a guide based on your wii and what you need to do. It will also download all the files for you to just copy onto the memory card. I would re-softmod it over the top of your old one. So just do setting up a new wii when doing modmii and just follow it all the way through.

Thanks will give it a try later on.
dcx_badass

Doesn't matter about the game, all you do is copy one extra file onto the … Doesn't matter about the game, all you do is copy one extra file onto the card instead.You just go here:http://please.hackmii.com/Enter the mac address (get it from the wii settings), download the file and copy onto the memory card. It's easier than using a game.Send me an SD card and I'll set it up for you. But will you still get the person to do it as you said you couldn't follow the instructions to do it yourself anyway, can your son do it? Do you pay this person?

hia i can send an sd card? or pay you for one if you have one plus costs? my son's only 9..so not quite upto hacking yet (maybe when hes 10)
I havent asked this guy to help before hes daughters college friend..and ive done him favours and helped him out in the past so its reciprocal (_;) i dont know how experienced he is.

If you can do it easily tho without the wii i would appreciate it..just let me know what you need?
Thanks xx
oh and yes i paid last time as my friend took it to get done..but it was a long time ago..we have had our moneys worth!
dcx_badass

Just an SD card, I've not got one spare though unfortunately. It's not … Just an SD card, I've not got one spare though unfortunately. It's not just put the SD card in and away you go, you still have to follow a guide to mod it, but I can get you the files on a card if you send me one (or order one from somewhere like play.com straight to me. Which makes things easier when modding, as you just insert it and then follow the instructions..

please pm me your address to post it or your paypal address to pay you, whichever is easier?
xx
dcx_badass

It's upto you, you can post me a memory card (ideally a 1 or 2GB SD … It's upto you, you can post me a memory card (ideally a 1 or 2GB SD card), or I can order thishttp://www.mymemory.co.uk/SD-Cards/SanDisk/SanDisk-2GB-SD-Cardand you send me the £4 for it and say 50p extra to cover postage back to you?

thats great as i am a bit stuck in due to son atm... send me your paypal address or bt and i can sort it ASAP?
xxxx
all done it was v easy thanks to dcx!

thanks all who offered to help tho xxxx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants