Wii Remote Chargers vs Rechargeable Batteries

5 replies
Found 17th Nov 2009
Hey all,

I've bought my eldest daughter a Wii for Christmas and as the Wii Remotes are wireless will need batteries. I'd just like to know from HUKD users which is the best to opt for:

1) Buy one of the standalone charges from Argos,Amazon etc or
2) Use rechargeable batteries

I've got an Xbox360 and have a plug and play recharger for the wireless controller, is there anything similar for the Wii.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance.

5 Comments

I use normal batteries.....been working for at least 6 months with quite high useage, no problems

I use normal rechargeable AAs also .

rechargable batteries. normal decent ones do last a long time though.

We use one of those stand-up chargers that come with their own rechargeable battery packs. Charges off the USB socket on the Wii - it's great - we know where the remotes always are and they charge on the stand, so no probs.

meandog101;6916292

We use one of those stand-up chargers that come with their own … We use one of those stand-up chargers that come with their own rechargeable battery packs. Charges off the USB socket on the Wii - it's great - we know where the remotes always are and they charge on the stand, so no probs.

Doesn't the wii need to be on standby (connect24 or something) to charge the batteries?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247555
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769191
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624
    4. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11

See more discussions