Groups

Wii Scrubbing (and the rest)?

I've been reading but cant find how to do what I want to !

What I want is to put an original wii game into my laptop, copy it onto my hard drive, wii scrub it (and whatever else needs to be done to remove update etc.), make an iso and copy it so it can be played on a modded wii without updating the software.

Unfourtanetly I'm stuck on step 1, my laptop doesnt recognise the original game so how am I supposed to copy it?

Thanks for any help

46 Comments

buy another copy of the game you dirty scrubber, cheapskate

oh yeah, lets tell you how to pirate games on this site too, that would be clever

You're probably better off just downloading the game already scrubbed, wiibrickblocked, regionfriied whatever.

Original Poster

Alfonse;4208537

buy another copy of the game you dirty scrubber, cheapskateoh yeah, lets … buy another copy of the game you dirty scrubber, cheapskateoh yeah, lets tell you how to pirate games on this site too, that would be clever

Get a life, i own the original so why can't i copy it!
    Why is it you just butt in with stupid comments?

MANJ_007;4208552

Get a life, i own the original so why can't i copy it! Why is it you just … Get a life, i own the original so why can't i copy it! Why is it you just butt in with stupid coments?

lol @ get a life

get some money to buy legit copies, in fact download the ISO and I can await your "I received a court summons for DLing s/w" thread

why can't you copy it because its protected, you need s/w to hack the encryption and you can't use google to figure it, and I'm the stupid one.............................

haha

Original Poster

Alfonse;4208573

lol @ get a lifeget some money to buy legit copies, in fact download the … lol @ get a lifeget some money to buy legit copies, in fact download the ISO and I can await your "I received a court summons for DLing s/w" threadwhy can't you copy it because its protected, you need s/w to hack the encryption and you can't use google to figure it, and I'm the stupid one.............................haha

Go away!:x If you're not going to help then don't post in my thread! Seeya

poor mans thread

I have one of those LG DVD drives that copies Wii discs. In fact, I have it listed for sale on a nearly dead thread in FS/T forum. If you are interested, I'll send you the link

Alfonse;4208537

buy another copy of the game you dirty scrubber, cheapskateoh yeah, lets … buy another copy of the game you dirty scrubber, cheapskateoh yeah, lets tell you how to pirate games on this site too, that would be clever

I'm confused by this comment?? Is it illegal to tell someone how to copy a Wii game then? Surely it's only illegal to copy, not let someone know how to do it. I've also never heard of any web site being castigated by any authority because it allowed such postings. These sorts of negative comments really hack me off when someone is genuinely asking for assistance - remember they may well not understand all the issues so why don't you try to be nice about it!!
    If you're not going to offer friendly advice, whether for or against copying then why do you bother - ur comment serves no purpose other than to give someone a bad day!
    For me, I have 2 young kids who have a number of very expensive Wii games that are easily ruined by just being in the same household as them, and if I had a way of genuinely backing these up so they could be replaced if damaged then I would - but it seems as though there is not, so sometimes you have to resort to other means. Given that everyone is having a very hard time financially at the moment, I find it impossible to believe that Nintendo or any other games manufacturer would want to suffer the negative publicity of dragging hard pressed parents through the courts for backing up your kids games - I may be wrong and if you don't agree then please tell me nicely.

there is nothing wrong with you copying the original, as all you are doing is making a backup so as not to destroy the original, as long as you dont intend on selling them

Original Poster

Thanks guys - EXCLUDING the argumentitive one! I've just found what I was after. Liddle ol' me, could you send me the link to your thread please, I will have a think about what i want to do.

Rep added to those who deserve it

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4208691

Only two DVD drives made can read Wii games, that is why you can't see … Only two DVD drives made can read Wii games, that is why you can't see it.You don't want to scrub the game that doesn't remove the update, it removes all the empty files to make the disk smaller, so that when people download it, there's less to download. Do you plan on uploading it to the internet?A quick google would have told you all that.

Yup ive found it now, thanks. No i dont intend on uploading it, i wanted a backup as we have 2 wii's in the house. I own the original but wanted a backup to play on a modded wii li purchased ast week, also i dont intend to sell them either

Piracy is wrong full stop. Backing up of games is not illegal, but the circumventing of copy protection system is. So therefore it is illegal to back up your Wii games. There are various sites that have been sucessfully prosecuted due to selling modchips and some have been server cease and desist notices for publishing information pertaining to methods of copying disks.

Nintendo have a disk replacment program and there are various places that are able to skim the disk and remove surface scratches. Best make sure that your kids look after the disks.

BendyBadger;4208726

Piracy is wrong full stop. Backing up of games is not illegal, but the … Piracy is wrong full stop. Backing up of games is not illegal, but the circumventing of copy protection system is. So therefore it is illegal to back up your Wii games. There are various sites that have been sucessfully prosecuted due to selling modchips and some have been server cease and desist notices for publishing information pertaining to methods of copying disks.Nintendo have a disk replacment program and there are various places that are able to skim the disk and remove surface scratches. Best make sure that your kids look after the disks.

exactly, if Nintendo wanted to let their games be copied they wouldn't protect them in the first place..................

MANJ_007;4208694

Thanks guys - EXCLUDING the argumentitive one! I've just found what I was … Thanks guys - EXCLUDING the argumentitive one! I've just found what I was after. Liddle ol' me, could you send me the link to your thread please, I will have a think about what i want to do.Rep added to those who deserve it

Sure, here's the link although I had the thread locked when there was no interest. I was going to sell the drive on ebay but forgot. Thanks for the reminder!! Let me know if you are interested and I'll make a new thread. :thumbsup: hotukdeals.com/for…910

p.s. @ Kronk and OP - Don't let alfonse worry you. He a troll who uses the boards to get people's backs up. The "poor man's thread" is a typical example of his attitude towards others. Ignore him and your day will be happier! :-D

Liddle ol' me;4208732

p.s. @ Kronk and OP - Don't let alfonse worry you. He a troll who uses … p.s. @ Kronk and OP - Don't let alfonse worry you. He a troll who uses the boards to get people's backs up. The "poor man's thread" is a typical example of his attitude towards others. Ignore him and your day will be happier! :-D

what do you think Nintendo would think about it then?

Original Poster

Alfonse;4208750

what do you think Nintendo would think about it then?

Don't really care what Nintendo or YOU think!

MANJ_007;4208764

Don't really care what Nintendo or YOU think!

coolio, I'm not the thief

see ]here for all your wii needs.

Original Poster

Alfonse;4208807

coolio, I'm not the thief

How does owning an original game and wanting to copy it make me a thief u silly little ****?

Btw, I've just listed that drive again OP. And btw, why not just ignore alfonse? You are just falling into his trap by responding, and he would like nothing better than for you to get suspended. IGNORE HIM - He is a professional troll.

MANJ_007;4208836

How does owning an original game and wanting to copy it make me a thief u … How does owning an original game and wanting to copy it make me a thief u silly little ****?

Just ignore him.

Like Liddle says, Alfonse is just a troll who has nothing better to do than run his mouth off at folk.If you ignore him, he will go away.

Have a look at Shanecr's link, its pretty good.

shanecr;4208827

see ]here for all your wii needs.

:whistling:

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4208890

Btw, I've just listed that drive again OP. And btw, why not just ignore … Btw, I've just listed that drive again OP. And btw, why not just ignore alfonse? You are just falling into his trap by responding, and he would like nothing better than for you to get suspended. IGNORE HIM - He is a professional troll.

ill take the drive and give it a go

Anti-Piracy
    Copyright Law

* Computer Software is defined as a Literary Work
    * Infringement of Copyright is NOT just a civil issue
    * You do NOT have to sell copied software to breach the Law
    * Directors of companies can be personally charged and risk up to 10 years imprisonment

Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988

The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 states: The owner of the copyright has the exclusive right to copy the work (Section 16). That means it is illegal to copy software without the copyright owner's permission. With regard to software, the copyright owner is the software developer / publisher. Breaking the law could have serious consequences for you and the organisation you work for, threatening both your own and your employer's reputation and future prosperity.

* The legal penalties include unlimited fines and up to ten years in prison following the Copyright, etc and Trade Marks (Offences and Enforcement) Act 2002.
    * Personally, you could lose your reputation, promotion prospects or even your job.
    * There are no mitigating circumstances and no organisation would condone or defend either illegal copying or the use of unauthorised software.
    * Your organisation and directors could face a police investigation.

Major Points

* A software licensee never takes ownership of the copyright in the software; he merely purchases a licence to use the protected software under the terms and conditions set by the copyright owner and the law.
    * Copyright exists in a work from the moment it is recorded
    * Remedies for civil copyright infringement may include damages to compensate the copyright owner for damage caused to his business.
    * Criminal penalties can include unlimited fines and up to ten years in prison
    * The rental of software is illegal without the express permission of the copyright holder.
    * If an organisation is using illegal copies of software the organisation may face not only a civil suit, but corporate officers and individual employees may have criminal liability.
    * No one is exempt from copyright law. All individuals, organisations and government agencies are subject to the law.
    * Web publication or other internet-based publication does not take a work outside the realm of copyright law: you still need the copyright owner's permission to publish their work regardless of the publication medium.
    * Ignorance of the Law does not excuse infringement.

MANJ_007;4208976

ill take the drive and give it a go

Ok, glad you reminded me about it. I'll dig it out again today and put it in the caddy to make sure it didn't freeze to death over the holidays I'll set up a thread for you -- thought I'd just done that but it's not there. Maybe I pressed search instead of submit :?

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4209026

Ok, glad you reminded me about it. I'll dig it out again today and put … Ok, glad you reminded me about it. I'll dig it out again today and put it in the caddy to make sure it didn't freeze to death over the holidays I'll set up a thread for you -- thought I'd just done that but it's not there. Maybe I pressed search instead of submit :?

Another silly question? What exactly is a caddy? ive got a spare space for a cd drive in my tower, can i just plug it into there or is it externel?

MANJ_007;4209045

Another silly question? What exactly is a caddy? ive got a spare space … Another silly question? What exactly is a caddy? ive got a spare space for a cd drive in my tower, can i just plug it into there or is it externel?

A caddy is just an external case for the drive if you want to make it portable. I bought one for this purpose because I didn't have space. But we have since moved onto the 360 so the caddy now houses the equivalent reading drive for 360 discs :whistling: Btw, it's an IDE drive (there are no sata backup drives for wii games).

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4209086

Btw, it's an IDE drive (there are no sata backup drives for wii games).

Doesn't mean anything to me, i'll try it, see if my brother can help me out if not ill just get rid on fleabay

MANJ_007;4209124

Doesn't mean anything to me, i'll try it, see if my brother can help me … Doesn't mean anything to me, i'll try it, see if my brother can help me out if not ill just get rid on fleabay

fair enough! will drop you a line later when I've tested it and set up a thread for you :thumbsup:

Funny enough doing a search on google it seems the majority of people say it is LEGAL to make one back up copy of a game you own for personal use only.

Fact.

Alfonse;4208993

Anti-PiracyCopyright Law * Computer Software is defined as a Literary … Anti-PiracyCopyright Law * Computer Software is defined as a Literary Work * Infringement of Copyright is NOT just a civil issue * You do NOT have to sell copied software to breach the Law * Directors of companies can be personally charged and risk up to 10 years imprisonmentCopyright Designs and Patents Act 1988The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 states: The owner of the copyright has the exclusive right to copy the work (Section 16). That means it is illegal to copy software without the copyright owner's permission. With regard to software, the copyright owner is the software developer / publisher. Breaking the law could have serious consequences for you and the organisation you work for, threatening both your own and your employer's reputation and future prosperity. * The legal penalties include unlimited fines and up to ten years in prison following the Copyright, etc and Trade Marks (Offences and Enforcement) Act 2002. * Personally, you could lose your reputation, promotion prospects or even your job. * There are no mitigating circumstances and no organisation would condone or defend either illegal copying or the use of unauthorised software. * Your organisation and directors could face a police investigation.Major Points * A software licensee never takes ownership of the copyright in the software; he merely purchases a licence to use the protected software under the terms and conditions set by the copyright owner and the law. * Copyright exists in a work from the moment it is recorded * Remedies for civil copyright infringement may include damages to compensate the copyright owner for damage caused to his business. * Criminal penalties can include unlimited fines and up to ten years in prison * The rental of software is illegal without the express permission of the copyright holder. * If an organisation is using illegal copies of software the organisation may face not only a civil suit, but corporate officers and individual employees may have criminal liability. * No one is exempt from copyright law. All individuals, organisations and government agencies are subject to the law. * Web publication or other internet-based publication does not take a work outside the realm of copyright law: you still need the copyright owner's permission to publish their work regardless of the publication medium. * Ignorance of the Law does not excuse infringement.

That's all well and good but someone has to be whiter than white to use that.

Being unable to read would cover you though (not you personally just @ the ignorance of the law*)

dontasciime;4210866

That's all well and good but someone has to be whiter than white to use … That's all well and good but someone has to be whiter than white to use that. Being unable to read would cover you though (not you personally just @ the ignorance of the law*)

the last line answers that lol

Alfonse;4210888

the last line answers that lol

dunno what you said

dontasciime;4210926

dunno what you said

not being able to read doesn't forgo you any leanancy from ignorance as stated by the last line of my FAST copyright law post

Alfonse;4210958

not being able to read doesn't forgo you any leanancy from ignorance as … not being able to read doesn't forgo you any leanancy from ignorance as stated by the last line of my FAST copyright law post

Being unable to read how would you be able to know that ignorance of the law is no excuse you need to be able to read that to know that.

They also have to catch and prove you have broken a law to prosecute.

I know/knew the 2nd part of what I said was inaccurate as it was in jest but the point remains as does the fact that copying is still against the law as you say.

However to judge anyone means you have to be whiter than white to take the high ground and be able to say honestly you have never broken any law / laws

MANJ_007;4208552

Get a life, i own the original so why can't i copy it! Why is it you just … Get a life, i own the original so why can't i copy it! Why is it you just butt in with stupid comments?

I don't think it's a stupid comment at all. Software piracy is a widespread crime and Hotukdeals certainly wouldn't be the place to discuss such things.

I believe, although I haven't verified this personally, if yopy trash a disk you can send the disk back to Nintendo and for a nominal fee they'll send you a bright, shiny new one!

No need to make backup copies at all!

MANJ_007;4208711

Yup ive found it now, thanks. No i dont intend on uploading it, i wanted … Yup ive found it now, thanks. No i dont intend on uploading it, i wanted a backup as we have 2 wii's in the house. I own the original but wanted a backup to play on a modded wii li purchased ast week, also i dont intend to sell them either

So you want to copy it so you can play it on two machines at once? Sorry, it's illegal.

Also, why have you got a modded Wii in the first place? To play pirated games? Sorry, that's illegal too!

AndyToys;4250321

So you want to copy it so you can play it on two machines at once? Sorry, … So you want to copy it so you can play it on two machines at once? Sorry, it's illegal.Also, why have you got a modded Wii in the first place? To play pirated games? Sorry, that's illegal too!

There are some legit reasons to mod, it is also not illegal to mod them.

Original Poster

AndyToys;4250321

So you want to copy it so you can play it on two machines at once? Sorry, … So you want to copy it so you can play it on two machines at once? Sorry, it's illegal.Also, why have you got a modded Wii in the first place? To play pirated games? Sorry, that's illegal too!

Yeah whatever! If you havent got the answers to what i asked (btw, dont need them now) then leave the thread alone and move on!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…912
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions